Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: College Students, What Are You Studying?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    I'm going for biology (pre-medicine)..after 4 years of that it's off to 4 years of medical school for me!

So you are just starting University? How does pre-med work for your area? Here "Pre-med" here means simply taking your desired BSc Degree but needing to ensure that certain courses are taken in that time, which count towards the degree anyway, that are pre-reqs for the Med School application. 1 full year of Physics, Organic Chemistry, English, and Biology based are most common. So technically all science students who wish to be an MD are "pre-med" even though it is actually nothing. It is no actual program here just a made up connotation that science students like to say thinking they can get into Medicine simply by saying it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    So you are just starting University? How does pre-med work for your area? Here "Pre-med" here means simply taking your desired BSc Degree but needing to ensure that certain courses are taken in that time, which count towards the degree anyway, that are pre-reqs for the Med School application. 1 full year of Physics, Organic Chemistry, English, and Biology based are most common. So technically all science students who wish to be an MD are "pre-med" even though it is actually nothing. It is no actual program here just a made up connotation that science students like to say thinking they can get into Medicine simply by saying it.
    I'll be starting University in the fall, though I used to take classes my junior/senior year of high school at a local university . At my university I'll be attending "pre-med" is actually a major (along with pre-dentistry and pre-law). It's basically what you described, meets requirements for medical school, but it's not a biology/chemistry degree you earn, it's actually a pre-med degree. Not too much different than what you described basically haha
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I start graduate school in August for Physician Assistant eue
    I just graduated last semester with an undergraduate in biology. I swear the schooling never ends.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Wow so many different fields here.
    Information Technology checking in with a focus on Systems Analyst. Might take the 1-2 extra classes for the business minor. I love technology and I love saving money so this was the ideal field for me lol

(⊃。�́‿�̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚Nique

"Shorten that to 20 words or less!"- Saitama

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i'm starting in the fall, and double majoring c:
    studying to become a nurse and also studying spanish for the medical field.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buns View Post
    i'm starting in the fall, and double majoring c:
    studying to become a nurse and also studying spanish for the medical field.
    Oh nice! Really great idea. Spanish has always been so hard for me, but actually going to a spanish speaking country I learned so much. A degree is going to be awesome, cutos and good luck! c:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raichuu For This Useful Post:

Bani (07-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Is there not much journalism work?
    So I only know about the experience of my BFF, who studied communications at Emerson in Boston - his first break was an unpaid internship at Talking Points Memo in NYC, which turned into a fellowship months later, which finally turned into a full time job. Getting this first "real" job got his foot more in the door, he didn't know anyone in the industry before starting at Talking Points. Per him, networking is key. He was able to move around to a few different companies (Raw Story, the Week, something else I can't remember) and it was mostly based on who he formed relationships with - the market is saturated with journalists so his resume would at least get a look for the jobs he applied to. He eventually quit though because he got burnt out But now he freelances for GQ!

Anyway, I'm getting a 2nd degree. My first is in liberal arts and I changed my mind after having a series of miserable office jobs, now I'm in an environmental science program with a focus in marine science, one more year left. I'm interested in aquaculture but we'll see where this degree takes me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fartprincess For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (09-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I have a Bachelors in Human Services focused on Race/Class/Gender Studies & Abnormal Human Development. I'm in retail because my area needs more Masters level candidates. Really don't want to do more school right now.
    "but I ain't got time for time...dancing in the shadows of the shadows, no time to shine..."