Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 8h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Sounds like you missed the whole "We are the 99%" thing
    Ahh - the "We want your money" movement?

I want rich people to give me their money too actually.

I'd like that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Akula View Post
    Ahh - the "We want your money" movement?

I want rich people to give me their money too actually.

I'd like that.
    I believe its called the "I want your money because I'm entitled to it!" movement.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm sorry but I stopped taking this thread seriously as soon as the words "I agree with Sarah Palin" were uttered.

She is 100% of the reason that I didn't even consider voting for McCain the first time around. I've never had a problem with McCain's politics because he's actually a very reasonable Republican. People say, "Obama won the first time because he's black." I think it's more like McCain lost because he picked a fucking moron for a running mate. There was no situation in the entire universe that I would have taken the chance on McCain dying during his presidency and leaving the country in the hands of someone who can't even form a coherent sentence.

Obama's not going to be impeached. You can't just be impeached for sucking at your job, you have to commit a crime. I don't know what crime exactly you seem to think Obama has committed. But like someone else said, if Bush didn't get impeached, neither will Obama.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Katie For This Useful Post:

Foxglove (07-13-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    I believe its called the "I want your money because I'm entitled to it!" movement.
    You need to look at the bigger picture! Not everybody who is poor is poor because they're lazy. And not everybody who supports the movement is out to fill their own pockets (cough altruism).

For example, think of segregation in the U.S. in the present day. It's undeniable that it exists; even here in Los Angeles, we have the "white areas", the "black areas", etc. Where you're raised definitely plays a role in what sort of an education you get, what sorts of values are imposed on you, and the sorts of pressures you receive from your peers. So to get out of a bad situation, "make it out on top", is already a big feat, if you're from, say, Compton. But that doesn't always mean that you're going to be making a six-figure salary, though. In fact, after overcoming so many struggles, you might still yourself struggling to pay your rent or medical bills, finding your house foreclosed, etc. There are plenty of people who work hard but still struggle to make ends meet.

It's just that the way the wealth is spread in the country makes it difficult for even hard workers to make a decent life out for themselves, and that just seems wrong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    This is all very true, but the amount of people who partied through college to get that sick liberal arts degree are also out there making the movement look bad, that's who I was poking fun at, not the people who are actually working their asses off and struggling to make it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 8h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    You need to look at the bigger picture! Not everybody who is poor is poor because they're lazy. And not everybody who supports the movement is out to fill their own pockets (cough altruism).

For example, think of segregation in the U.S. in the present day. It's undeniable that it exists; even here in Los Angeles, we have the "white areas", the "black areas", etc. Where you're raised definitely plays a role in what sort of an education you get, what sorts of values are imposed on you, and the sorts of pressures you receive from your peers. So to get out of a bad situation, "make it out on top", is already a big feat, if you're from, say, Compton. But that doesn't always mean that you're going to be making a six-figure salary, though. In fact, after overcoming so many struggles, you might still yourself struggling to pay your rent or medical bills, finding your house foreclosed, etc. There are plenty of people who work hard but still struggle to make ends meet.

It's just that the way the wealth is spread in the country makes it difficult for even hard workers to make a decent life out for themselves, and that just seems wrong.

You just described life. It's unfair.

There shall ALWAYS be inequality because humans ARE NOT equal.

We are born ugly or beautiful, smart or dumb, etc. These differences are just some of the bare roots of which from greater inequalities emerge.

And I don't mean to sound too condescending... but there's no better way of putting this: as someone who was born in Ukraine, I think people who're born in the western countries tend to have an extremely skewed perception of what inequality truly is. And I'm not even from some shit country in Africa.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Akula View Post
    You just described life. It's unfair.

There shall ALWAYS be inequality because humans ARE NOT equal.

We are born ugly or beautiful, smart or dumb, etc. These differences are just some of the bare roots of which from greater inequalities emerge.

And I don't mean to sound too condescending... but there's no better way of putting this: as someone who was born in Ukraine, I think people who're born in the western countries tend to have an extremely skewed perception of what inequality truly is. And I'm not even from some shit country in Africa.
    Yes, I'll admit myself that as someone from a "first world country", I've probably led a relatively sheltered life. But the way I was raised, when you see inequality or wrong in the world, you act to try and change things for the better, and not just settle and resign yourself to the current state of affairs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I love the American dream it's like a marketing strategy someone from Harvard probably came up with and the client was Big Brother.

It's ok that you have no choice but to make the rich richer because they own everything you need in life...they earned it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    It's ok that you have no choice but to make the rich richer because they own everything you need in life...they earned it.
    And / or they inherited it and have other people managing their wealth.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links) Exactly...ya my accountant is gonna make me a few million today. I'm going to pay him a mere 70k salary...maybe I'll give him a Christmas bonus of 1k. He can buy his wife something nice.

Why is it so normalized to protect people that have such massive amounts of wealth?
    i.e the Walton family
    (you need an account to see links)

In 2010, six members of the Walton family had the same net worth as either the bottom 28% or 41% of American families combined (depending on how it is counted)

They earned it? They didn't earn jackass nothing without the help of people...tax them. Tax the shit out of them.
    Tax them because they were given the opportunity to get rich. Getting rich is a privilege.

Because newsflash Reaganomics doesn't work...an idea created so members of the GOP could get in bed with big business and get rich themselves.

Things like raising minimum wage wouldn't be a problem if big business just took LESS PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES. What a crazy idea..