DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    If this new company wants to do something smart they should clean fucking house. Keep a few people who know what going on and who can teach new people. Toss the rest. But this staff either needs to go or they need some ruthless boss who can drill into their heads that they are STUPID. They've made fatal mistakes right and left. Sometimes it frustrates me because it's just like what are you DOING?!

Everyone blames viacom but I honestly think some of this staff is just as stupid.

Oh and please hire more support staff...there are plenty of people with college degrees that will take minimum wage/barely above.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Banannie (03-18-2014),Brett (03-18-2014),Corliss (03-18-2014),Slytherin (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodieboy View Post
    A few thoughts on how jumpstart can make back its hundreds of millions invested into neopets

1) An amnesty

Word will surely go around about how Neopets is sold by Viacom. Existing players will inform players that quit. Why do most people quit? Some grew out, most got frozen. Just by unfreezing any account regardless of ban reason with a ticket sent in, they'll see their userbase expand by twice or so.

2) A better mobile app

With billions of people on smartphones, you're digging your own grave if you don't exploit this market. Make the darkest faerie game or something on the Android/iOS platform! Beck even if neopets export all their flash games onto the mobile platform, they'll get quite a few thousand new users a month.

3) Fix the Battledome

Nees I say more?

Suicide paths to take would be converting all UCs. Or unconverting all pets.

To me, this takeover is definitely the best news since I entered the cheating scene. The only reason that neopets will fail under jumpstart is if they have 0 sense how to run a business. Neopets is definitely one of the best ways for Jumpstart to enter a new market. No company worth billions will do something that stupid as to revert to their old consumer base.

My thought is that they'll want to create a chain of sites for their audience, from toddlers to 12th grade so that their audience will not grow out of their site. This makes much better business sense than reverting to their old target audience.
    Couldn't of put it better myself, Apps are the future just look at what apps where 5 years ago to now and the amount of youngs on tablet devices now.

The amnesty Idea is great that's one thing i didn't think of, The vast amount of frozen accounts out there is insane i myself with probably over 100 accounts frozen in 9 years of playing neopets and i kept all the users so i actually hope this happens.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Old players coming back..... Oh !

-hides their UC and RW pets-

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cibomatto For This Useful Post:

P h o e n i x (03-18-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Couldn't of put it better myself, Apps are the future just look at what apps where 5 years ago to now and the amount of youngs on tablet devices now.

The amnesty Idea is great that's one thing i didn't think of, The vast amount of frozen accounts out there is insane i myself with probably over 100 accounts frozen in 9 years of playing neopets and i kept all the users so i actually hope this happens.
    To them it shouldn't matter why is frozen and who's not. Ramping up the userbase is much more important. And it'll give them a good image if they show that they are willing to give cheaters/np buyers a 2nd chance.

Only repercussion is that it will kill the economy, everything will inflate and discourage new players.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (03-17-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    To them it shouldn't matter why is frozen and who's not. Ramping up the userbase is much more important. And it'll give them a good image if they show that they are willing to give cheaters/np buyers a 2nd chance.

Only repercussion is that it will kill the economy, everything will inflate and discourage new players.
    I don't think it will kill the economy due to more players coming back so it should stabilize out maybe with a little inflation but there are many markets that need inflation also badly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    I don't think it will kill the economy due to more players coming back so it should stabilize out maybe with a little inflation but there are many markets that need inflation also badly.
    Actually more frozen accounts returning might just lead to deflation of ridiculously high stuff like Queen Fyora stamp which is a good thing

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I just got on like literally right now.....

wtf is going on....Is Neopets dying? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW? I JUST GOT BACK INTO NEOPETS LIKE A MONTH GO FUCKING GOD HATES ME!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Actually more frozen accounts returning might just lead to deflation of ridiculously high stuff like Queen Fyora stamp which is a good thing
    Indeed stuff like that being unfrozen will be a good thing along with countless other items which will lead to a good exchange of NP, Can be controlled if done right also with that Auction TNT account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly if they had an amnesty I'd be back in a finger snap probably. And probably spending a crap ton on NC again too for kicks and giggles. :T They'd make bank off giving frozen accounts back + boost their player count.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilting View Post
    Honestly if they had an amnesty I'd be back in a finger snap probably. And probably spending a crap ton on NC again too for kicks and giggles. :T They'd make bank off giving frozen accounts back + boost their player count.
    personally I don't think they will do that, its just wishful thinking on part of all the cheaters.....I also think most frozen accounts don't represent a a huge percentage of their sales, but I could be wrong I don't know the stats too well.