Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: For anyone who uses Neopets Nation, or is looking for a Neo facebook community other than NN.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    ^ To this remark 100%, not ok.

It's never ok to go after someone's personal life because you don't like them on the internet. As long as they aren't distributing drugs or prostituting children, you literally have no right to go after their job, family, etc just because you disagree with them.

It makes you actual trash and not the tumblr definition, which as been diluted to mean "anyone I don't agree with".
    Hahaha this one time, on this group about Kikki.K (an australian STATIONARY STORE) that Americans are obsessed with, some chick went off on this legit old woman for posting a picture of her grandson admist some Kikki.K stationary. Like, it was on topic, but apparently this group was for the PLANNERS ONLY. Anyway, I told her to take a valium, and shit blew the fuck up. Imagine a bunch of early to late 30 year old women, literally dozens, jumping on this post and slinging death wishes on a 19 year old girl. It was fucked. The one looked up my job and drafted this email to the owner of the store saying i'm a "cyberbully" (ironic) and sent it - he fucking pissed his pants the next day about it and emailed her telling her to go fuck herself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elissa For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-26-2017),Meepit (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Wow, I'd be way too paranoid to ever join any of these groups with my actual FB account. After some of the shit I've experienced personally... and some I've seen second hand - nope, nty. It would be cool to be able to talk to more people about the game and such, but I'd have to join with a fake account or something haha.

I remember way back when, people threatening to post panthers/irish/etc info. I had to shut that down asap. I didn't read this whole thread, but if people are threatening that again, they need to chillllll. It's not that serious.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (05-26-2017),Views (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by elissa View Post
    Hahaha this one time, on this group about Kikki.K (an australian STATIONARY STORE) that Americans are obsessed with, some chick went off on this legit old woman for posting a picture of her grandson admist some Kikki.K stationary. Like, it was on topic, but apparently this group was for the PLANNERS ONLY. Anyway, I told her to take a valium, and shit blew the fuck up. Imagine a bunch of early to late 30 year old women, literally dozens, jumping on this post and slinging death wishes on a 19 year old girl. It was fucked. The one looked up my job and drafted this email to the owner of the store saying i'm a "cyberbully" (ironic) and sent it - he fucking pissed his pants the next day about it and emailed her telling her to go fuck herself.
    I hate the internet some days.

And it's honestly all ages and backgrounds of people. I've seen the neckbeards, crazy feminists, teenagers, adults, hoodrats, and white trash... all of them will gang up and try to ruin someone's life if you disagree with them. Like, what is the point? You don't get a prize for trying to win on the internet. Idiots. All of them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    I hate the internet some days.

And it's honestly all ages and backgrounds of people. I've seen the neckbeards, crazy feminists, teenagers, adults, hoodrats, and white trash... all of them will gang up and try to ruin someone's life if you disagree with them. Like, what is the point? You don't get a prize for trying to win on the internet. Idiots. All of them.
    Some people just don't have anything better to do. I think it's really as simple as that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    so your telling me there's no basket of animu girls waiting for me at the finish line? i was told there was a prize.

@cupcake. And it's honestly all ages and backgrounds of people. I've seen the neckbeards, crazy feminists, teenagers, adults, hoodrats, and white trash... all of them will gang up and try to ruin someone's life if you disagree with them. Like, what is the point? You don't get a prize for trying to win on the internet. Idiots. All of them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by rajakar View Post
    so your telling me there's no basket of animu girls waiting for me at the finish line? i was told there was a prize.

Yeah, her ^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I will continue to check out, form the sidelines, all the lovely sights that have joined the Neopets Unfiltered group.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    ...does the basket at least look nice?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rajakar For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I think it's okay to rant about someone and say whatever you want but people should know that just because you're on the internet, doesn't mean someone can't track you (in case they really want to).

I was once in a group someone posted a picture of a cat and said cats shouldn't stay indoors and all I did was to post "I don't agree with that. My cats stay indoors, there's a big garden and they're happy about it".
    People came for me, calling me names, assuming I was a nasty person because of that and a whole bunch of horrible stuff.

Glad the mods came to my rescue and banned the majority of them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    wtf. Sometimes it's better for cats to stay indoors, I once lived in the downtown core next to multiple shelters and crazed folk. My roomate let my indoors cat out and one day on my way home from work i heard a cat screeching and a racoon running the fuck away then my cat strutting towards me like she was hot shit. Guess she kicked it's ass since she was a HUGE cat. i still wasn't happy he let her out as things could have gone pear-shaped. Every situation is different and people need to realize that.

(also being said i know i've said chance has no sense of humor and it's due to my own experiences with her where i was probably annoying, at the time i didn't know she only had 3? mods in that huge ass group)
    (you need an account to see links)

Photo of cat for ass kicking reference

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rajakar For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)