86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof04 View Post
    Linux can dual boot with Win7 fine. Its Win8 that has some problems with partitions.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

aww too bad you didn't run Debian instead back then man!
    Terminal confuses me. I don't feel like there's any real guide that tells me: This is why you would want Linux for your deviant purposes and this is how to do what you want done on Linux. And until I find that I'm kind of meh on the subject.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Terminal confuses me. I don't feel like there's any real guide that tells me: This is why you would want Linux for your deviant purposes and this is how to do what you want done on Linux. And until I find that I'm kind of meh on the subject.
    I understand what you mean. With Ubuntu there's a lot of support online, and its easy to troubleshoot most problems, its a lot more user-friendly than other distros, that's whats made it easy to adapt to for a lot of people.

I'm excited about the Steam Box coming out, its going to run on Linux.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I understand what you mean. With Ubuntu there's a lot of support online, and its easy to troubleshoot most problems, its a lot more user-friendly than other distros, that's whats made it easy to adapt to for a lot of people.

I'm excited about the Steam Box coming out, its going to run on Linux.
    I've seen articles about that. Looks interesting, just want to see a price tag.

I'm sure Ubuntu is userfriendly and I've seen some guides that have had Unity in the background and it looks chill. Just want to know why Linux? Aside from stability and freeness? What is the benefit for someone like me? xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've seen articles about that. Looks interesting, just want to see a price tag.

I'm sure Ubuntu is userfriendly and I've seen some guides that have had Unity in the background and it looks chill. Just want to know why Linux? Aside from stability and freeness? What is the benefit for someone like me? xD
    personally I got tired of licking Steve Jobs deceased butthole and riding Bill Gates dick. It really depends on how much you want to customize what you do, how you can make it fit your needs. If an out of the box system meets your needs, that's fine. Its just nice to know there are ways to do the exact same thing while supporting open source software.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    @(you need an account to see links) I've never paid for any software since Win XP which I chipped in $20 for when it first came out among my friends to get one CD we shared. So I don't have much CEO hate, but the open source does appeal to me, I am a droid user after all. What distro would currently recommend? Ubuntu or Debian?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    oh I love Android! We recently cyanogen-modded our Nexux 7 and it is amazing on battery life now!

I would def. recommend Ubuntu, just because its smooth sailing most of the time. The online forums and things are really helpful. If you decide to try it, you can boot it from a pen drive and see if you like it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    oh I love Android! We recently cyanogen-modded our Nexux 7 and it is amazing on battery life now!

I would def. recommend Ubuntu, just because its smooth sailing most of the time. The online forums and things are really helpful. If you decide to try it, you can boot it from a pen drive and see if you like it.
    I need to invest in an external HDD for my laptop. I wish I could just convert my desktop into a HDD at this point.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I need to invest in an external HDD for my laptop. I wish I could just convert my desktop into a HDD at this point.
    i wish i had a terabyte HDD, they're really handy.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    i wish i had a terabyte HDD, they're really handy.
    It's really odd. I've never had space issues until this year and I've got a 450GB hard drive in my laptop anyway, but I've had to delete a lot of things to make room.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It's really odd. I've never had space issues until this year and I've got a 450GB hard drive in my laptop anyway, but I've had to delete a lot of things to make room.
    i went a little crazy with acquiring anime and games this year, the crunch is definitely felt