41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m

PS3 All Stars Battle Royal VS Wii Super Smash Brothers Brawl

So at my Christmas today, my brother got the new ALL STARS as a present. I was curious as how this game was versus the traditional Super Smash Brothers for Wii/N64. I am pro at the original and quite good at Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wasn't a fan of melee). Anyways, I always said that PS3 should have one and when I first saw the trailer I was intrigued.

Overplay it is a totally different game. Rather then knocking your opponents off the stage, you must "destroy" them with an ultimate you gain according to how well you are fighting. I enjoyed it a lot except I felt though some characters were A LOT stronger then others. Kratos (from God of War) has everything. Group attacks, crazy group ultimates and he jumps very high. Big Daddy (from Bioshock) is also a beast. His ultimates are all simple to hit and he does a crapload of damage o.o It makes some of the other characters look sort of useless. I am looking forward to the DLC release of Snake, Crash Bandicoot, and Cloud.

In the end, I think Super Smash is better still. Its just too classic. The day they make crossover between the two systems....... will be an amazing day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I couldn't get my friends to stop playing smash bros if I tried; mostly because of the nintendo character nostalgia and such. That's pretty much all nintendo is, working off of the same classic characters lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tchaikovsky For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (12-26-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    ^ This.

IMO Super Smash Bros will always be better. The reason?

It's about classic characters.

I haven't played yet All Stars, but every single person has played Mario. Knows who's luigi, yoshi, bowser, link, etc...

PS3 has it's own games, such GoW, Killzone, but they aren't that popular as mario crew.

I'd love to see Rayman and Spyro on All Stars. If they ever release then, I'm definitely buying it
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    ^ This.

IMO Super Smash Bros will always be better. The reason?

It's about classic characters.

I haven't played yet All Stars, but every single person has played Mario. Knows who's luigi, yoshi, bowser, link, etc...

PS3 has it's own games, such GoW, Killzone, but they aren't that popular as mario crew.

I'd love to see Rayman and Spyro on All Stars. If they ever release then, I'm definitely buying it
    GoW is xbox only

And Spyro o.o completely forgot about him. xD I can imagine him being OP.

Im really sad that xbox bought Banjo-Kazooie from N64.... I can see him being a very fun character in Super Smash xD and it didnt do very well when they brought it back on xbox. RIP banjo kazooie.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    GoW is xbox only

And Spyro o.o completely forgot about him. xD I can imagine him being OP.

Im really sad that xbox bought Banjo-Kazooie from N64.... I can see him being a very fun character in Super Smash xD and it didnt do very well when they brought it back on xbox. RIP banjo kazooie.
    God of War...
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    God of War...
    Oopsie. I thoughy you mean Gears of War xD Oh god. My bad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    7d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    This is Sony stepping in and showing us their side of a brawl-style game. And to be honest, this game has me HOOKED. I got this for Christmas as well and every minute I have free I want to play. I can't put it down and when I'm at my friends house playing (they bought it too), we spend hours and hours playing from dinner until really late (past 3AM).

If you haven't yet, try the Stock Limit mode that gives everyone lives rather than a timed mode or X amount of kills to win.

I've played both games, including Super Smash Bros for the N64 (classic, don't get me wrong) and I will pick the new Battle Royale from Sony over Nintendo's any day.

Edit: Just read previous posts, yeah the characters could have been better but once you play with them and see how they are, their moves and specials, etc. you'll agree that Sony did a good job on picking characters. Would love to have Crash in there though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by makavelien View Post
    This is Sony stepping in and showing us their side of a brawl-style game. And to be honest, this game has me HOOKED. I got this for Christmas as well and every minute I have free I want to play. I can't put it down and when I'm at my friends house playing (they bought it too), we spend hours and hours playing from dinner until really late (past 3AM).

If you haven't yet, try the Stock Limit mode that gives everyone lives rather than a timed mode or X amount of kills to win.

I've played both games, including Super Smash Bros for the N64 (classic, don't get me wrong) and I will pick the new Battle Royale from Sony over Nintendo's any day.

Edit: Just read previous posts, yeah the characters could have been better but once you play with them and see how they are, their moves and specials, etc. you'll agree that Sony did a good job on picking characters. Would love to have Crash in there though!
    Its SO difficult to compare because of the differences "kill-wise". Whole different objective. I still feel though a few characters in all-star are ridiuclously strong, ex Kratos.

Also, have you seen this?

Shows more possible characters such as Cloud, Snake, Lightning

Oops, wrong video its this one

Last edited by Bettser; 12-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.