10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    My only issue with this theory is we can't definitively say that it IS internal.
    We can deduce that staff has no idea what is going on and they think that it could be internal. If it were internal, why would somebody go through all the trouble to put this together though? Why wouldn't they put themselves in a position that allows them to simply gen items and such that way to make life much easier?
    I assume different admins also have different privileges... but yes, that's also true... Guess we can't know for now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (02-07-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Guys come on, obviously the investor behind this whole botting/selling operation is NetDragon. I mean, who has historically always been a major player in game mining + RMTs? China, it's been in front of our faces the whole time 😂 /j

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-07-2024),Miri (02-07-2024),Styx (02-07-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I do remember Adam (before his flying leap off the deep end) mentioning staff got fired years ago for giving items to themselves / certain favored players. I assume for money.

I would be shocked if none of the overworked, underpaid staff (coughalicecough) have not profited from their item gen powers at some point, particularly given that for the last however many years the site has had an ownership that would not care less about non-neocash items being given out at will.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    I do remember Adam (before his flying leap off the deep end) mentioning staff got fired years ago for giving items to themselves / certain favored players. I assume for money.

I would be shocked if none of the overworked, underpaid staff (coughalicecough) have not profited from their item gen powers at some point, particularly given that for the last however many years the site has had an ownership that would not care less about non-neocash items being given out at will.
    I legit hope they're paid very fairly and well for their jobs especially with how its all based in Cali. Has anyone ever revealed what pay is to work there?

Now that I think about it, another plausible theory is that lets say it was Alice or whomever internally.... they could have reached an agreement with whoever it is to guarantee access (or items genned, etc) in exchange for a portion of the botter's/whoevers profit to be paid to the employee

u 'mirin?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Adam also mentioned, back in the day, who abused this and self-gifted stuff. Funny because those claimed to be -legit- players.

Quoting Donna's post somewhere here below...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-11-2024),Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I legit hope they're paid very fairly and well for their jobs especially with how its all based in Cali. Has anyone ever revealed what pay is to work there?

Now that I think about it, another plausible theory is that lets say it was Alice or whomever internally.... they could have reached an agreement with whoever it is to guarantee access (or items genned, etc) in exchange for a portion of the botter's/whoevers profit to be paid to the employee
    iirc someone pointed out one of the recent postings (like community manager/marketer type ilk) was only like, 20k USD for the salary? which if true, yeah. no. 💀 I would fucking hope that whatever their singular dev is getting is at least somewhat competitive, because where else would the money be funneled into eh lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (02-07-2024),jmg (02-08-2024),Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    iirc someone pointed out one of the recent postings (like community manager/marketer type ilk) was only like, 20k USD for the salary? which if true, yeah. no. 💀 I would fucking hope that whatever their singular dev is getting is at least somewhat competitive, because where else would the money be funneled into eh lol
    Yeah afaik the social / cs side isn't paid well, though Alice has been there so long you'd have to assume her salary has increased a decent amount. I don't know if Alice is based in California but she works fully remotely - i know because she told me years ago when I asked her why she was answering tickets on Thanksgiving, and she said she works remotely so doesn't mind working holidays. Of course now we know she works 60 hours a week or something and her boss doesn't seem to think this is any kind of problem. So yes, I don't think the culture sounds like one people wouldn't take advantage of if they could.

Though it's obviously not just Alice with the opportunity, there could easily be a dev with a near undetectable sideline in item genning. If you can turn over an extra 15k a month for almost no effort that would have to be a strong motivator. I can easily believe some of the BM is internal.

Or, who knows, maybe Tony P was just killing off his competition all along.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-11-2024),Miri (02-07-2024),Sakuras (02-11-2024),Stardew (02-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    Yeah afaik the social / cs side isn't paid well, though Alice has been there so long you'd have to assume her salary has increased a decent amount. I don't know if Alice is based in California but she works fully remotely - i know because she told me years ago when I asked her why she was answering tickets on Thanksgiving, and she said she works remotely so doesn't mind working holidays. Of course now we know she works 60 hours a week or something and her boss doesn't seem to think this is any kind of problem. So yes, I don't think the culture sounds like one people wouldn't take advantage of if they could.

Though it's obviously not just Alice with the opportunity, there could easily be a dev with a near undetectable sideline in item genning. If you can turn over an extra 15k a month for almost no effort that would have to be a strong motivator. I can easily believe some of the BM is internal.

Or, who knows, maybe Tony P was just killing off his competition all along.

omg imagine if it was Tony P that would absolutely be perfect and ironic omg

u 'mirin?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-08-2024),Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    71/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    If that salary is correct that is beyond insane. That is not anywhere near a livable wage for any state let alone California.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmg For This Useful Post:

Ice (02-08-2024),Sakuras (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by StringsOfDeath View Post
    if the reddit guy is right, it is the player auctions seller who clears 15k USD per month selling NP and rare items which is enough to motivate them to have a dedicated setup i would imagine
    omg i'm pretty sure i've bought stuff from this guy in the past before i found ck
    you can call me pix