114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I haven't played neopets in so long until recently that I genuinely don't know what to do for charity corner, why it exists, and why I should care about it.
    Is it just really fun for everyone? Or is it profitable? Both?

I want to try it this year if it comes but I don't even know where to start learning about the event itself.
    I didn't participate in any Charity Corner's until I started playing again for the 2018 one but apparently the old format before that was really fun and profitable for a large amount of players.
    You could donate like x5 r90-r99 and have a chance to get a random r90-r99 in return or something like that so basically tons of players could gamble to try and get r99s while others could load their shop up and sell r90-r99s for huge inflated amounts as others were spamming buying to gamble.
    (Someone who participated can probably clarify on these details as I wasn't playing at the time) As you can see that would be tons of fun for both sellers and gamblers and people getting really rare r99s.

For the new format in 2018 it switched to a point system where all the items you donated gave you different points based on rarity and at the end they had a prize shop that had a bunch of different perks to redeem your points.
    Personally I thought it was pretty awesome as some of the perks were really useful such as getting retired avatars/themes, lowering the score needed for game avatars, and the best one was the extra 3% to your bank interest for a year.

The next charity corner in 2019 was the same iirc but the following year they changed it in 2020 to a prize shop similar to Altador Cup and you could redeem for a stamp or a very very very low percent chance at r99s and basically it sucked a lot.
    They stopped after that year and haven't done it since so basically everyone is very skeptical on what type of charity corner we will get this time around as it could be a mix of any of these or something different all together.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:

Dot (08-17-2023),Politoed (08-17-2023),Q*bert (08-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (08-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    I didn't participate in any Charity Corner's until I started playing again for the 2018 one but apparently the old format before that was really fun and profitable for a large amount of players.
    You could donate like x5 r90-r99 and have a chance to get a random r90-r99 in return or something like that so basically tons of players could gamble to try and get r99s while others could load their shop up and sell r90-r99s for huge inflated amounts as others were spamming buying to gamble.
    (Someone who participated can probably clarify on these details as I wasn't playing at the time) As you can see that would be tons of fun for both sellers and gamblers and people getting really rare r99s.

For the new format in 2018 it switched to a point system where all the items you donated gave you different points based on rarity and at the end they had a prize shop that had a bunch of different perks to redeem your points.
    Personally I thought it was pretty awesome as some of the perks were really useful such as getting retired avatars/themes, lowering the score needed for game avatars, and the best one was the extra 3% to your bank interest for a year.

The next charity corner in 2019 was the same iirc but the following year they changed it in 2020 to a prize shop similar to Altador Cup and you could redeem for a stamp or a very very very low percent chance at r99s and basically it sucked a lot.
    They stopped after that year and haven't done it since so basically everyone is very skeptical on what type of charity corner we will get this time around as it could be a mix of any of these or something different all together.
    Yeah you nailed it , it was what you mention for the older CC , and i think aside from being the most fun one it also was the one that gave the most $ reward . I think they realized it and tweak the prizes drop for the other CC. I remember that i only spent like 10k np buying the junks and won a queen fyora stamp haha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Hawaiian (08-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Yeah you nailed it , it was what you mention for the older CC , and i think aside from being the most fun one it also was the one that gave the most $ reward . I think they realized it and tweak the prizes drop for the other CC. I remember that i only spent like 10k np buying the junks and won a queen fyora stamp haha
    That's awesome
    I guess the biggest issue from TNT's point of view is that the economy shifted quite a bit because when I started playing again in late 2017 the majority of r99s were buyable and as a result wodf/istaff were highly deflated I think around like 50-80M.
    Also it seemed to highly favor the rich as they were able to afford buying r90-99s in bulk and have higher profit returns by getting the few r99s that retained value like stamps/gourmets and a select few others like tear/lev etc

With the 60k+ fc botter and massive amounts of pure NPs that entered the economy you can see that tons of the rich players started to purchase up all the r99s when they saw WODF/I-Staff inflated and now most r99s are highly inflated compared to 1-2 years ago.
    A lot of them try to play innocent and blame the fc botter but they jumped at the opportunity to massively inflate r99s which basically started the free-for-all trend of inflating everything possible.
    This is why tons of regular players are asking non-stop for the old charity corner format because all the r99s are horded by the billionaires who are conveniently selling them now at TP price rather than "reseller/JN" prices.
    I think if TNT was smart they would hint that there is a possibility of r99s being mass released again so we can see all these hoarders scramble to offload all their items in massive panic but I don't think TNT follows the economy/game beyond NC/wearables.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:

Dot (08-17-2023),Erik. (08-17-2023),KJiU (08-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    That's awesome
    I guess the biggest issue from TNT's point of view is that the economy shifted quite a bit because when I started playing again in late 2017 the majority of r99s were buyable and as a result wodf/istaff were highly deflated I think around like 50-80M.
    Also it seemed to highly favor the rich as they were able to afford buying r90-99s in bulk and have higher profit returns by getting the few r99s that retained value like stamps/gourmets and a select few others like tear/lev etc

With the 60k+ fc botter and massive amounts of pure NPs that entered the economy you can see that tons of the rich players started to purchase up all the r99s when they saw WODF/I-Staff inflated and now most r99s are highly inflated compared to 1-2 years ago.
    A lot of them try to play innocent and blame the fc botter but they jumped at the opportunity to massively inflate r99s which basically started the free-for-all trend of inflating everything possible.
    This is why tons of regular players are asking non-stop for the old charity corner format because all the r99s are horded by the billionaires who are conveniently selling them now at TP price rather than "reseller/JN" prices.
    I think if TNT was smart they would hint that there is a possibility of r99s being mass released again so we can see all these hoarders scramble to offload all their items in massive panic but I don't think TNT follows the economy/game beyond NC/wearables.
    But since they are not the old TNT (probably) maybe they might still work on "reseting" the inflation xD , since the previous events now have more valuable stuffs like V-bombs , AC wep (this round was a fail haha).

Base on the gacha pin's i wonder if it "gacha" would be implemented in the future lol ( well since gacha = $$ )

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It'll be good to have another event this is or is similar to the Charity Corner. Saves the bandwidth on the servers, and hey I'm always ready for a new avatar!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

KJiU (08-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    But since they are not the old TNT (probably) maybe they might still work on "reseting" the inflation xD , since the previous events now have more valuable stuffs like V-bombs , AC wep (this round was a fail haha).

Base on the gacha pin's i wonder if it "gacha" would be implemented in the future lol ( well since gacha = $$ )

I'm hoping for a r99 type of charity event myself since it sounds so much more fun but best case scenario we get a mix of perks/r90-99s via donations.
    Yeah wouldn't mind them figuring out a way to monetize without harming the economy too much with gacha stuff.

Wonder if anyone will create a working script for snowballs at the healing springs so we can start stockpiling for the upcoming event.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-25-2023),KJiU (08-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I feel like it’s inevitable that they are either going to have to speed up the amount of r99 items hitting the market, such as shops seling tjem more frequently, or go back to the CC that allowed for a ton of them to enter the market all at once. The inflation is hitting ridiculous levels and, in my mind, would be a major turn off for all of the new/returning players that they are trying to attract with this massive push on social media. It wouldn’t be much fun to come back to a crippled economy that benefits older accounts with the money printer that is the Food Club. Personally, they should explore utilizing the Hidden Tower more. Change the rarity on all of the retired stamps and allow them to be cycled back into the economy in a controlled manner. This would serve a dual purpose and remove a ton of NP from circulating as wel.
    Which is the lie ..? The mask, or my face?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhin For This Useful Post:

Maia (08-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I haven't played since 2015, but before I left, I managed to participate in one of the charity corner events I think and it was a GREAT way to clear out my SDB. I really hope the new replacement event has some cool prizes like the previous charity corners!

The concept of using it to clear out low rarity items while increasing the flow of r99s is interesting.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

I personally can attest to this! I had a lot of fun and got like 10 really nice r99 including a couple expensive stamps like Queen Fyora and Sticky that helped me complete my collections. I didn't participate in any other CC after that waste of time tbh :/
    I used my SDB and also bought items while they were less inflated. It was an absolute BLAST

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Now, all the R91~R94 is up to over1000NP, is it still a good price to buy a lot for the event?