Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should evolution be taught in schools?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    But if it does exist I should be able to ask for proof of a God, the burden is not on me for asking it is on finding the proof.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    But if it does exist I should be able to ask for proof of a God, the burden is not on me for asking it is on finding the proof.
    I'm confused about the point you're trying to make, are you saying that the burden of proof should be on the believer or the disbeliever? O_o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    lol I not sure now I just got confused by reading this last page. In the case of Gods I believe the burden should be in proving it does exist if someone claims it exists. I think that is what I was trying to say lol. But rereading the burden can go both ways, proving it exists or providing evidence that it does not exist. lol I am so confused, this is why I try to tell myself to not get involved when things mention God but I never listen to myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-29-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    In the case of Gods I believe the burden should be in proving it does exist if someone claims it exists.
    We were making the same point in that case. It's not possible for somebody to disprove the existence of a god.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    lol I not sure now I just got confused by reading this last page. In the case of Gods I believe the burden should be in proving it does exist if someone claims it exists. I think that is what I was trying to say lol. But rereading the burden can go both ways, proving it exists or providing evidence that it does not exist. lol I am so confused, this is why I try to tell myself to not get involved when things mention God but I never listen to myself.
    Lol agreed w/ @(you need an account to see links). It's not possible for someone to prove God doesn't exist. Just like it is not possible to prove fairies don't exist. You'd have to search every inch of the universe simultaneously in order to declare that there is not a single fairy in the universe. But since thus far there is no evidence that fairies DO exist, it is logical not to believe in fairies until such proof does present itself.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    lol yeah I see it all now, makes sense. When it comes to say fairies, I tend to stand by the "prove it" side of things but I can see where the believer would ask me to prove that they do not, which like you said I would have to search the entire Universe lol.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 04-29-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: removed the word supernatural

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Personally I think neither should be taught. We have no idea on how we came to be and all of us know just as much about it as these theory's claim to know, which is nothing. xD
    That's not what evolution is about... really, it just says we all come from a common ancestor, and how we have changed over time. Doesn't say God made that ancestor or not. That's up to you to research.

Also,

(you need an account to see links)

evolution is already is taught in school.
    Last edited by Ophelia; 05-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For me, having faithin GOD is the best. I dont believe humans because theres HUMAN ERRORS, On the other side, GOD is almighty and has no errors. Thats why theres scientific theories, which need much more evidence to become facts

Just a quick dictionary
    Faith: Beleiving without seeing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    That's not what evolution is about... really, it just says we all come from a common ancestor, and how we have changed over time. Doesn't say God made that ancestor or not. That's up to you to research.

Also,

(you need an account to see links)

evolution is already is taught in school.
    Not everywhere. Especially in the Southern states in America aka "The Bible Belt," it is more of an issue.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Not everywhere. Especially in the Southern states in America aka "The Bible Belt," it is more of an issue.
    Really? Like, not including religious schools? I find that rather frightening.