Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    You can't spam the boards, the mods will just delete it. They usually just have 1 thread with tons of replies and that's the best you can do.

What trouble is e-mailing/messaging Adam who is openly posting on reddit and answering questions in a swift manner. At worst he will just say he can't do it.
    You might be right. I'm not talking blatant spam though, just a lot of people all posting relevant threads discussing the same thing. So for on the Battledome Chat, lots of threads about what people dislike about the Battledome. On the Avatar chat, lots of threads about what people dislike about avatars. Etc, etc.

The trouble is getting his message to Neo's management and getting them to actually listen to it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    You might be right. I'm not talking blatant spam though, just a lot of people all posting relevant threads discussing the same thing. So for on the Battledome Chat, lots of threads about what people dislike about the Battledome. On the Avatar chat, lots of threads about what people dislike about avatars. Etc, etc.

The trouble is getting his message to Neo's management and getting them to actually listen to it
    How are you going to get lots of people to post threads and reply to each thread, most people tend to ignore threads of similar subject matter or just have one guy/girl they worship and chat with him/her. Hell most people just lurk, take a look at this thread its only you and me talking. You can get clraik members to help you out but then you will need to go in shells using proxies to avoid being put under TNT's radar. Then you will need to keep up that charade until TNT decides to do something which who knows whether they will do or not considering their track history and their response time to threads. Take a look at the announcements board its dead, plus they won't even let the general public see the battledome beta board, how are we suppose to post bugs or messages of interest?

Getting the message to TNT is why we would ask Adam for help, as he would deliver the message to the management that is the point of asking him for help. He would then get them to be aware of the concerns of the players it would cut out all this threads/surveys that delay the process of informing the top management and have one "representative" or Adam tell them directly what is most important and needs to be done. Whether they listen or not is something we can't control no matter what we do but at least they would be aware of what is most important and they would be aware of this directly since it would not be be filtered through the system.
    Last edited by BGH; 05-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Have you tried to contact Adam yet to see if he would even be interested in helping out in the Neopet community?
    If he doesn't have time to post once in a blue moon in a place like Clraik I don't think he will have time to write out a detailed letter about what can change about Neopets, that's even if he knows whats going on. So try to message him if you feel that he would help, all you can do is try.

Infamous Joe is you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    How are you going to get lots of people to post threads and reply to each thread, most people tend to ignore threads of similar subject matter or just have one guy/girl they worship and chat with him/her. Hell most people just lurk, take a look at this thread its only you and me talking. You can get clraik members to help you out but then you will need to go in shells using proxies to avoid being put under TNT's radar. Then you will need to keep up that charade until TNT decides to do something which who knows whether they will do or not considering their track history and their response time to threads. Take a look at the announcements board its dead, plus they won't even let the general public see the battledome beta board, how are we suppose to post bugs or messages of interest?

Getting the message to TNT is why we would ask Adam for help, as he would deliver the message to the management that is the point of asking him for help. He would then get them to be aware of the concerns of the players it would cut out all this threads/surveys that delay the process of informing the top management and have one "representative" or Adam tell them directly what is most important and needs to be done. Whether they listen or not is something we can't control no matter what we do but at least they would be aware of what is most important and they would be aware of this directly since it would not be be filtered through the system.
    I'm not going to, I don't care enough to. That's the core of your problem, people don't care enough about it. Things just aren't that bad. If they were that bad you could convince people to do something about it, but they're simply not bad enough to warrant that. Neopians are sufficiently content, thus nothing will happen

Adam has no connection to management. He has no connection to Neopets besides having created it years ago. He can't just call up the boss and demand a meeting. And even if he did, it's not like he's gonna walk into the conference room and be greeted with star-struck eyes and bated breath. Management doesn't care. They already know what the players want, but unless you can prove that they're losing money, they simply don't care. So why make Adam go to the trouble of setting up a meeting with management when it's highly unlikely anything will change?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

hi hater (05-20-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    I'm not going to, I don't care enough to. That's the core of your problem, people don't care enough about it. Things just aren't that bad. If they were that bad you could convince people to do something about it, but they're simply not bad enough to warrant that. Neopians are sufficiently content, thus nothing will happen

Adam has no connection to management. He has no connection to Neopets besides having created it years ago. He can't just call up the boss and demand a meeting. And even if he did, it's not like he's gonna walk into the conference room and be greeted with star-struck eyes and bated breath. Management doesn't care. They already know what the players want, but unless you can prove that they're losing money, they simply don't care. So why make Adam go to the trouble of setting up a meeting with management when it's highly unlikely anything will change?
    If people don't care enough about it to be able to make threads about it why bother suggesting that spamming the boards with core concerns would be a better idea than to go and ask Adam for assistance. Maybe you may be content but I am not content, most Neopians have no place for them to positively voice their opinions. Even when they try it goes unnoticed or has little impact. The most people can do is make one thread which most people already do.

Who said he was going to go in and demand anything or go in and act like people will be star-struck? His opinion will be valued more than most people's so it would be wise that that we ask him for assistance or get him to suggest to TNT about what they could do there's nothing more to the issue we are not asking him to go and run Neopets again or call in a urgent meeting with all the board members to change the strategic direction of the company.

They know what the players want? If they knew what the players wanted and weren't losing money Viacom wouldn't have sold its great cash cow. JumpStart has just taken over and they are attempting to revamp certain aspects of the site so it would be a perfect opportunity for someone who has already run the site and helped it become a success to give his input as to what they could do or at least attempt to discuss what the what the players believe they should do...

Clearly other strategies haven't worked in getting TNT's attention and/or getting them to at least reassure as to what they will be doing so why not ask Adam if we have the chance to now. The alternative is to do nothing, which is clearly such a good option right.
    Last edited by BGH; 05-20-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    They know what the players want? If they knew what the players wanted and weren't losing money Viacom wouldn't have sold its great cash cow. JumpStart has just taken over and they are attempting to revamp certain aspects of the site so it would be a perfect opportunity for someone who has already run the site and helped it become a success to give his input as to what they could do or at least attempt to discuss what the what the players believe they should do...

Clearly other strategies haven't worked in getting TNT's attention and/or getting them to at least reassure as to what they will be doing so why not ask Adam if we have the chance to now. The alternative is to do nothing, which is clearly such a good option right.
    I think some of it is that maybe he's actually not allowed to interfere with the company now he no longer owns it. I can imagine a situation, justified or not, that the current administration would be a bit annoyed if he stuck his nose in. :/ They'd say 'you already left - you've lost your right to an input, nothing on Neopets is your responsibility now, so please leave it to us.' I personally think Adam no longer has any sort of interest in Neopets - or perhaps once did, but has decided to move past the fact that he can't do anything about it anymore.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Someone just buy his minigame for $160 million so then he'll have all the time on his hands to join ck

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    They go on the boards and do that all the time, yet I do not see any major changes. For instance, I seen so many threads on the boards about fixing the Battledome and yet its still not fixed...

What is the harm in getting Adam to try to do something. It is not like it will have any detrimental effect if we could get him to help us.

Staaahahhhhhhppp. If you want Adam to do something, go play his new game and give input on it to him directly and hopefully it will be built in a way that appeals to you. Adam isn't connected to Neopets anymore, he has no access to making the change happen you think he could make happen. All fantasies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Hi there,

Thank you for the invitation but honestly we have no time right now to be part of any community really. Donna's busy with the kids and I am spending what little time I have on the game (and probably soon to be moderating a subreddit about it!)

I don't really care what the Neopets rules are anyway, stopped caring a long time ago Please check out the new game though, it's not much but we're dedicated and will get there eventually. Neopets wouldn't have been what it was without people creating content, playtesting, and hacking it, so we definitely appreciate you having a look.

Thanks, Adam
    Fuck! Let's give that man a beer!!
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    19d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Okay I messaged him again in regards to what @(you need an account to see links) has been asking. This was his response.

I read the thread, here's my response -

Well firstly I don't have that much money any more - if I did this game would already be running. We lost a lot with the last company unfortunately

We loved Neopets, we had major issues with the management. When we left in 2005 we just had to get away from them, I can't really go into detail but we had spent 5 years being lied to and taken advantage of in many ways. When Viacom came onto the scene they didn't seem to care about us at all - I think Doug Dohring had painted us as "eccentric Brits" and not that related to the running of the site at all, which was sort of a blessing because we could escape!

Anyway, Viacom didn't listen to us at all so we quickly lost interest and wanted to start a new Neopets. Unfortunately the stock market crash of 2008 ended that dream.

We don't have any contact with Neopets at all today, I talk to two people who work there very occasionally and that's about it. Mostly we just drifted away, but a big reason is that we made a Neopets Facebook game with our last company. Viacom completely dropped the ball, didn't listen to anything we had to say and then cancelled the game after a month. That pretty much did it for Donna and myself, we left America and severed most of the business relationships we had and went to start a family. We're better at the family thing apparently!

So anyway, hope this hasn't come over as too much of a rant. We're happy and motivated and would very much like to start a new project!

Adam

PS. Dogecoin to the moon! Such currency!

I hope this answers a lot of questions. Seems that they won't listen to him and that he has already tried with no success. What a shame.
    Last edited by Victoria; 05-21-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Infamous Joe is you.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Useful Post:

Corliss (05-21-2014),funnybell (05-21-2014),hi hater (05-21-2014),parakeet (05-21-2014)