DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful this must be for you... But as you said, you friend is now free from his pain. He is in a much better place now and he won't be suffering anymore. You shouldn't be afraid of letting out the emotions you feel. Don't be afraid to talk about it as well as this is one of the best way to go through this kind of situation. I have never experienced something similar before, but I can lend a ear if you ever need someone to talk to (even if it's only to vent). Be strong @(you need an account to see links), you will eventually get better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

potatoespotate (05-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    14d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    May your Friend RIP. And I mean this in the most sincerest of ways, should this post come across otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Aw. My sincere condolences.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    My condolences to your friend, I'm so sorry for your loss. You can cry and breakdown if you need to, it helps, albeit a little.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    *hugs*

I am so sorry for your loss.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackaroo View Post
    So, I haven't really been active over the past week or so, my friend has suffered from leukaemia for the past three years, going in and out of remission, battling hard, fighting hard and he always had a smile on his face. Last night I went out for my friend's birthday and we were having a good dance, at one AM I got a phone call from his girlfriend, I rang her back thinking "This is odd, why's she ringing me this late", turns out he had gone into kidney, liver and respiratory failure and was on a ventilator, and they suspected a brain bleed. They made him DNACPR and said if there was no sign of improvement within the next 12 hours, they were going to discontinue treatment due to how advanced things had got with him, the only reason they gave him this 'grace period' was because he had been in a similar condition before and pulled through. The family had also asked for only family and his girlfriend to visit him.

Today I was sitting at home, eating my lunch and my phone rang. His heart has stopped and he's gone. My friend of 7 years is gone. I think the only thing keeping me going right now and not having some huge breakdown over it all is the fact I now know he isn't in pain anymore. But fuck. Just fuck.
    I'm so sorry for your loss! My mom had Leukemia when I was a kid. It's hard to deal with and I don't know what I would of done if I had lost her to it. If you need to talk you have a great support system here, including me! At least there is peace in knowing that he is no longer in pain.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank you everyone, knowing I have a community here is going to help me to be honest. Thank you, seriously ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Jack . I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Sit down and have a good cry though. It was literally the only thing that helped me when my grandfather passed away last year. No matter how strong I tried to be, I just couldn't help but cry every night.

Thank you Hellraid <3

Honorary Grandma Freeloaders_Soceity's Avatar
    Pronouns
    Gran
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I am so sorry for you loss. I lost my beloved husband of 51 years almost a year ago to lung cancer. I joined Ck 4 days after we buried him. I can assure you, things do get better. The memories you have of your friend will never be enough to erase the pain, but time has a way of easing it. I mentioned my joining CK because in the almost one year I have been with you kids, you have made my days brighter, warmer and the friendships I have made here have given me one more reason not to give up on life. My prayers and thoughts are with you. You need a HUG, I'm sending you one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank you everyone! It really means the world to me knowing I have you guys, I've been taking a few days to just be with friends and whatnot and we've finally got a funeral date and time, I'll be back to sort out a SOTM for June either tonight or tomorrow and get back to posting normally soon ❤️❤️❤️❤️