14/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessly View Post
    Wow I did not know that. What does PC actually stand for? I have actually heard that UC trading was quite dangerous and if you actually have a UC that you traded for, you should never set it as your active pet or share its name around.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I'm mostly just lurking and getting information, not really participating. I don't trade NC or UC either so I doubt I'll get into much trouble... right?

Read through this thread and I can see some really nasty people. Do they come onto this forum?
    PC stands for pound chat and UC trading isn't exactly dangerous, just be careful not to flaunt highly tiered UCs to trade for in the pound chat because a lot of the users that frequent the board tend to be suspicious of highly tiered UCs that suddenly show up... but not setting it as your active pet and not sharing their names are generally good tips to buy illicit pets ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Wow I did not know that. What does PC actually stand for? I have actually heard that UC trading was quite dangerous and if you actually have a UC that you traded for, you should never set it as your active pet or share its name around.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I'm mostly just lurking and getting information, not really participating. I don't trade NC or UC either so I doubt I'll get into much trouble... right?

Read through this thread and I can see some really nasty people. Do they come onto this forum?
    PCers are most likely cheating on the downlow but getting away with it and show off in public on Neopets. Usually PCers are the ones that come to your user profile and see if something dodgy is going on with your trophies, or other collectables and will report you if they feel jealous. Once you get reported the TNT team will be forced to look into your account closer as a whole and either they correctly find you have been cheating, OR you get unfairly banned if you did not actually cheat.

So avoiding the boards and not participating at all or having your name not show anywhere on there at all is the best way to stay safe on neo.

Our community here isn't like the ones you'll find on the neo boards. We are just here to have fun and collect the stuff we want because we enjoy collecting and it's less about our ego in the neo boards. We also don't give a shit about who cheats behind closed doors, and we also want to keep our neopets accounts anonymous too. Because there's been instances in the past where TNT or PCers have tried collecting people's neo account info through all means they can, including cosy up on here.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronsd For This Useful Post:

CeciliaCross (04-30-2020),Cherubi (04-29-2020),Clefairy (04-29-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    So I'm looking to buy a UC at some point soon. What if some random ass person asks where the pet came from, asks what you traded it for, etc.? These "what if" scenarios I keep coming up with really scare the hell out of me and make me not want to risk my account. :/

I'm practically never on the boards but I have random neofriends that I don't usually talk with. They just sent me random friend requests, you know.

Bottom line: I'm kinda hesitant to buy T4 pets and above.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    They tend to report UCs to make sure they weren't bought
    Hey hey now
    Don't you lump us all. Some of us are cool cats.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Yes. But some of us are one of us here as well.
    We have had a couple salty little bitches come complain here after someone talked trash on them in here. It's always a night filled with tea and popcorn when that happens.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SupahSora View Post
    So I'm looking to buy a UC at some point soon. What if some random ass person asks where the pet came from, asks what you traded it for, etc.? These "what if" scenarios I keep coming up with really scare the hell out of me and make me not want to risk my account. :/

I'm practically never on the boards but I have random neofriends that I don't usually talk with. They just sent me random friend requests, you know.

Bottom line: I'm kinda hesitant to buy T4 pets and above.
    Read guides located on Google on how to make your pet look loved and secure knowing how to make a pet looked cared for is important. Don't post that someone gave you a pet. Always imply you traded for it.
    Last edited by Downwiththefritz; 04-29-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Downwiththefritz View Post
    Read guides located on Google on how to make your pet look loved and secure knowing how to make a pet looked cared for is important. Don't post that someone gave you a pet. Always imply you traded for it.
    Yeah I get that, that makes sense. But just... what if? I'm afraid of people in a Neo Discord harassing me. I don't talk there much at all, but my UN has been made public at least once in the server. Sorry if I'm bitching, I'm a little paranoid.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Yeah I get that, that makes sense. But just... what if? I'm afraid of people in a Neo Discord harassing me. I don't talk there much at all, but my UN has been made public at least once in the server. Sorry if I'm bitching, I'm a little paranoid.
    Understandably too. People watch pet names. Waiting for them to be purged. So they'll report a once inactive pet. You'd have to "come back" on the OG account and fake a trade with yourself in due time. Or something along those lines.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Downwiththefritz (04-29-2020),Sora (04-29-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Understandably too. People watch pet names. Waiting for them to be purged. So they'll report a once inactive pet. You'd have to "come back" on the OG account and fake a trade with yourself in due time. Or something along those lines.
    The more you play, the more you realize that neopets isn't just a game made for kids like what I thought it was when I WAS a kid. I guess when you realize that the real money maker comes from trading pets/restocking rare items instead of playing flash games, ugly shit starts happening.

I didn't know people were so crazy about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwiththefritz View Post

Yes. But some of us are one of us here as well.
    We have had a couple salty little bitches come complain here after someone talked trash on them in here. It's always a night filled with tea and popcorn when that happens.

How are you able to even do trading if you don't know if the pet names can get leaked? And also if you're always so secretive about your name/pet names then you lose the social aspect of neopets, which I think sometimes brings out the best in the game.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's good to be paranoid like this!
    Is it a super rare UC?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by konkoct View Post
    It's good to be paranoid like this!
    Is it a super rare UC?
    I don't have a UC as of now, but I'm definitely in the market for one. Because I'm trying to be cautious, I'm looking to buy one no higher than T4 or T5 as of now.