12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Cool Can i use my own IP as a proxy?

I'm currently living in two separate houses and switch between the two during the week, so i'm thinking of making "House 1" my legit main account IP, and "House 2" my cheating and ABing account IP. Will this work? I'm hoping that by doing this my main account will remain completely safe even if I get chain frozen through all my shells/cheating accounts at House 2.

Which brings me to my initial question: if I feel like doing some ABing while at House 1, am I able to use House 2's IP as a proxy? If so, how would I go about doing that and how long would it last? I'm still new to all this proxy/IP/VPN/HMA stuff and am a slow learner when it comes to this, its all kinda complicated to me so sorry if there is a super obvious answer to this question that I dont get yet. Please let me know any info you have that could help me out. Thanks.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    If the network is different between the two homes (different IP's) then yes, you can definitely use one house strictly for cheating while the other is for legitimate playing.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    If the network is different between the two homes (different IP's) then yes, you can definitely use one house strictly for cheating while the other is for legitimate playing.
    Is it possible to use one house's IP as a proxy while im at the other, or do proxies not work like that? Thanks for answering

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea View Post
    Is it possible to use one house's IP as a proxy while im at the other, or do proxies not work like that? Thanks for answering
    No, not unless you can figure out how to use it as a remote connection.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    No, not unless you can figure out how to use it as a remote connection.
    Woops, late reply, but thanks! I'll just have to not go on my other account on the days im at the other house then. One more question too, if you dont mind! I've been using my main account at both houses for a while. Are IPs something TNT has records of or will the connection to my main account be broken if I stop logging onto it at one of the houses? I don't want to start cheating on a shell only for them to discover I had been using another account at the same IP beforehand, it would defeat the whole purpose. If they do record previous IPs, do they eventually get forgotten? If so, how long should I wait for my main to be cleared from one of the houses IPs? Thanks for your time ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    156/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Woops, late reply, but thanks! I'll just have to not go on my other account on the days im at the other house then. One more question too, if you dont mind! I've been using my main account at both houses for a while. Are IPs something TNT has records of or will the connection to my main account be broken if I stop logging onto it at one of the houses? I don't want to start cheating on a shell only for them to discover I had been using another account at the same IP beforehand, it would defeat the whole purpose. If they do record previous IPs, do they eventually get forgotten? If so, how long should I wait for my main to be cleared from one of the houses IPs? Thanks for your time ^^
    They definitely have a record of the IP's used to log on to accounts... how long do they last? Probably a long time - if not forever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by iMastery View Post
    They definitely have a record of the IP's used to log on to accounts... how long do they last? Probably a long time - if not forever.
    Ah crap. Good thing I asked. There goes my plan! I'll just have to go back to step 1 and learn all that HMA VPN jazz instead. I'm very new to it so i'm worried about screwing up. x_x Are you able to hide behind a proxy while browsing the internet like normal? I want to restock semi-legit (by using adblock lists) since I dont have access to the stealth buyer just yet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ah crap. Good thing I asked. There goes my plan! I'll just have to go back to step 1 and learn all that HMA VPN jazz instead. I'm very new to it so i'm worried about screwing up. x_x Are you able to hide behind a proxy while browsing the internet like normal? I want to restock semi-legit (by using adblock lists) since I dont have access to the stealth buyer just yet.

Yes you can. there are several VPNs available to use from free to paid. Also you can establish remote connection between house 1 and 2 as long as you have a VPS set up
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount

Ongoing giveaways:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by caonima View Post
    Yes you can. there are several VPNs available to use from free to paid. Also you can establish remote connection between house 1 and 2 as long as you have a VPS set up
    Ah sweet, i'll try using a VPN then. :o Whats a VPS?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    156/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I use CyberGhost.
    It's a free program that allows you to use their proxy servers for all sorts of countries.
    Only thing is: The free servers quite a lot of people have used and someone may have used it for Neo...