DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Update: I gave a correct purchase date and framed it as a guess to be safe, but support lady hasn't replied to me yet. I thought it might be because 4th of July, but the entire 5th has passed and still nothing, so I'm not liking how this is looking.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Sometimes they take over a week just to respond - even if they previously have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5945 For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (07-06-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Ugh, stop with the victim game. TnT sees any such sudden activity, like that, on an inactive account as suspicious. Yes, they are overzealous in their security sometimes to the point is it annoying, but no, it had nothing to do with you realising you are transgender. If you go looking for something you will eventually find it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Welp.. I got frozen for "suspicious activity" on one of my active side accounts because Ive changed the gender, location and nickname(for privacy) thinking it wont be an issue since I was using the same IP I've always used.

I also changed location on one before- nothing happened,
    Changed name a few times- nothing happened.

Gender change seems to be a red light for them, unlike name or location. Someone needs to remind them it's 2018......

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    That’s weird I change the gender of my account all the time, along with name. And have never had a problem.
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Never change all at once. Its like a russian roulette. I've heard about people getting frozen for transferring pets too much, sending/receiving items too much, the list goes on. They want you to make as little changes as possible and they might even let you keep your account if you do. Big brother is watching.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vulkren For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (07-06-2018),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (07-06-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    13d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    People change their genders all the time, especially for the Korbat avatar. And people reduce their names to nicknames and stuff too (and Neo def doesn't have a way to differentiate a name, from a nickname, to a completely different nickname of another gender)

Those two on their own probably didn't set off flags. When TNT added "Other," people changed their gender in droves. If they can add gender-fluid awareness to a drop down menu without mass freezes, their male <-> female settings/name changes probably aren't problematic either.

Any third variable that could set off a red flag - probably did. The name change and gender were probably supplemental reasons to be suspicious and freeze you, but probably weren't the main causes.

EDIT: I re-read your original post. Your third variable was your sudden reappearance to Neo, which was followed by the altering of a bunch of personal info. That definitely looks like someone who bought a secured account, no matter how you spin it. It sucks, but it is a valid security measure, which seems to have worked a little too well.
    Last edited by Dragonite; 07-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.

I'm really hungry.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonite For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (07-06-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memes View Post
    People change their genders all the time, especially for the Korbat avatar. And people reduce their names to nicknames and stuff too (and Neo def doesn't have a way to differentiate a name, from a nickname, to a completely different nickname of another gender)

Those two on their own probably didn't set off flags. When TNT added "Other," people changed their gender in droves. If they can add gender-fluid awareness to a drop down menu without mass freezes, their male <-> female settings/name changes probably aren't problematic either.

Any third variable that could set off a red flag - probably did. The name change and gender were probably supplemental reasons to be suspicious and freeze you, but probably weren't the main causes.

EDIT: I re-read your original post. Your third variable was your sudden reappearance to Neo, which was followed by the altering of a bunch of personal info. That definitely looks like someone who bought a secured account, no matter how you spin it. It sucks, but it is a valid security measure, which seems to have worked a little too well.
    Yep, I realized that was likely the issue, all that changing at once would look like a hacker trying to erase the hints of the original owner.
    Regardless, she finally replied, and I have my account back! At the very least, I've learned lessons from this, mainly to keep records of NC purchase amounts and dates and to not change huge amounts of account info at once.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to violetcrow For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (07-06-2018),Corliss (07-06-2018),Dragonite (07-06-2018),vulkren (07-06-2018),Zorro (07-06-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    13d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by violetcrow View Post
    Yep, I realized that was likely the issue, all that changing at once would look like a hacker trying to erase the hints of the original owner.
    Regardless, she finally replied, and I have my account back! At the very least, I've learned lessons from this, mainly to keep records of NC purchase amounts and dates and to not change huge amounts of account info at once.
    Congrats on a speedy return!

I'm really hungry.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by vulkren View Post
    Welp.. I got frozen for "suspicious activity" on one of my active side accounts because Ive changed the gender, location and nickname(for privacy) thinking it wont be an issue since I was using the same IP I've always used.

I also changed location on one before- nothing happened,
    Changed name a few times- nothing happened.

Gender change seems to be a red light for them, unlike name or location. Someone needs to remind them it's 2018......
    Daaaamn, you done it. You just found the red herring, the smoking barrel. TNT are on a transgender manhunt!!! Good little detective.