Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswatsup View Post
    oh my, really? not even with the pic? come on now....
    You have no idea, man.

Last night I was drawing my own pic of SSJ Cupcake., got to 75% done.
    Just finished her SSJ hair and coloring her in.
    Then Paint crashed.
    Last save was pre-hair, pre-color (back to 33% completion).

So then I went to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    ihysm.
    I know you secretly lmsm.
    I won't make it a secret myself however, A.

ilysm.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah "apparently" she froze that account months ago because it got permanent-silenced, so she says.
    It was deff permanently silenced. Still. Kind of shocked she got rid of it since it *was* her main account

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - You forgot the false sense that justice has been done. Children up until teenage angst usually feel like they need to tattle, because it's the way they were taught, etc. (there are exceptions, obviously), but once they get a taste for how people ignore "bad stuff", they stop bothering. Some, more sheltered ones, double the zeal once they reach puberty. Usually, girls.

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by mt5o5bd View Post
    I don't mean that I can't understand why people want to report cheaters because it's much easier to hack or why they play.

I question why they bother reporting at all because it seems like the effort spent reporting is wasted. PCers use up the limited time that we as humans have. They gain no material reward and no digital reward in-game from reporting cheaters. They are not paid by TNT. There is no guarantee, like someone said, that they will be guaranteed freeze immunity. Furthermore, exclusive items, for example UCs and such, are removed from the game perhaps permanently. They too, would suffer from the inability to gain items as fewer items in circulation means that demand will exceed supply and they'd end up paying more for what they wanted --- if they ever got it at all.

I suppose I have difficulty understanding why they do it at all. As a cheater, I cheat personally because I like to get things whilst spending a minimal effort. I also cheat because I enjoy giving people rare items and such and generosity is often easier if a person is cheating. (I cheat on Neopets because of the latter rather than the former).

Maybe because PCers are jealous, do they report cheaters. But I think it's more likely that it's the mob mentality. Not a question about punishing injustice, but collectively feeling the need to punish somebody else for their own inadequacy - hating what you don't have. And if you follow that feeling, then perhaps they feel rewarded and their social 'rank' in the peer group rises. And maybe they also feel that they have nothing to risk from reporting their own peers.

I don't know. I was a moderator at one point in a game that I cheated on (well it came in very handy. If someone got scammed, you could replace that item for players pretty quickly). You know, people often reported each other on some of the most trivial offences. You never know if it's jealousy that someone called out someone on or if they were actually cheating. In the end, it didn't matter to the people if that person was cheating or not. Nobody cared. All that mattered was that people had a scapegoat. Somebody to pin the blame on.

It's like watching a nature documentary, I suppose. If you removed cheaters from the equation altogether, they'd lack a common enemy and then fight amongst their selves.

Especially the wealthy. The wealthy are always accused of cheating. Doesn't matter if that claim is legitimate or not. For all you know, you could be a legit player on NP, for example. You'd be labelled a cheater anyway.

People make enemies out of themselves. You might think that you play God amongst other players. That you are part of the mob. That the mob does what you do. But beware the mob as it might turn on you at any moment and tear you apart. Pick up something that other people don't have and people are just waiting to stab you in the back.

That's my message.
    You said it better than I could have.

Like you, I cheat because I want things in game, but I'm busy in real life. I don't have hours of free time to spend bumping boards, refreshing in shops, and practicing games. Why would I wanna spend my life rotting at the computer doing those things when I can do it easily and much quicker cheating? In the meantime, I can get my work done, go out and drink and do things with friends, and live my life.

I can score send or AOB trophies with no effort and get the trophy I want, I don't have to spend god knows how long practicing the game and playing it X amount of times till I get the score I want unlike some people with no lives *coughcoughbartdrunkeyscoughcough*

I can buy a UC and not have to spend years trying to trade up hopelessly and bumping endless boards with no offers.

If cheating weren't against the rules, EVERYONE would cheat. I think some people are jealous that people can cheat and get away with it. They want to get everything easily, but are afraid to, and don't know how. They don't like seeing someone buy a UC Plushie Draik, a pet they dearly want, so easily...while they're bumping endless boards trying to trade up their UC Mutant Usul hopelessly for months/years. So they report said person so they're not seething with jealousy and rage anymore.

I remember during trillionftw, me and a bunch of others were accused of auto-bidding on some of those auctions. Thing is, I was bidding legitly. These accusers just didn't know how to get a fast bid in, aka they sucked, and they were trying to find something to blame so they didn't feel so bad about how bad they were at bidding. Aka "I CAN'T GET A BID IN WAAAHHH BECAUSE THE BIDDERS ARE CHEATERS."

And like you, I was a lot more generous when I cheated. I was able to buy my friends nice things and giveaway more, and I became nicer as a person when I became a cheater. I feel like most of the dicks on the neoboards are legit players, or ones that claim to be.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Balletdancer (09-26-2013),Corliss (09-26-2013),learningtoneopet1 (09-30-2013),oventoast (09-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I actually spent too much time looking into this lol it's embarrassing. I just think it's kinda funny that this is the second stamp avatar account this week to be frozen. I warned the seller to take the post down because it was that traceable and it was frozen the next day. However this isn't the same. Agreeing with the anonymous asker, the account wasn't on the petpage "Stamp" (if you're selling a stamp account ever you should reference that page and try to make it look like MULTIPLE possibilities). I checked the cache on the page too just in case he took it down for being frozen, nope. I remember Andrew's post on this account quite well and just checked it against everything on that list and nothing really looks close at all. That account isn't on that petpage and if you look at the trophies on that account they're ridiculous. Avatar collector, stamp collector, and that was obviously earned a long time ago so people MUST know that account. She actually looks very familiar but I never remember her having many friends. Honestly, the UC's aren't even that special either. There's a cache of a neoboard from years ago with her using the avatar.

There are a lot of old accounts though that have snowy valley because some users just had the stamps lying around in their SDB when the avatar came out. I imagine there's probably a few accounts not on his page. To whoever bought the real account though I would recommend that you not do anything with that. Now a days everyone knows who recently got a stamp avatar and they probably know who sold what to them. If you come out with an account not on that list/haven't recently gotten the avatar the BD chat/TC either or maybe both will probably be hahahahaha...no.

I really think they're not a PCer and they're just looking to fuck around. They left a side account with an UC alone so I don't really think that was the motive here. Maybe they just got lucky. Contrary to popular belief, TNT DOES reward people that snitch and tell them things. We have all heard of the ousting the sellers returning the account type thing.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Yeah I actually remember her from kads come to think of it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    152 times
    Time Online
    65d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Neopets is getting fucking boring now anyways. I thought all this reporting would of died down when kids went back to school. Lawl. Panther is still frozen though, let's just enjoy this while we can.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Balletdancer For This Useful Post:

Daffodil (09-27-2013),oventoast (09-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Oh, the pain!
    It is over 9000! ;____;

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Externica For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-26-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Dunno how well this will translate into english but my czech relatives have a quick story about how russian and polish people are different and it's all racist and things but I'm bringing it up because it does describe the PC attitude somewhat?

A russian and a polish farmer are talking about their neighbour's farms and the polish guy goes, "my neighbour has two cows and I only had one so I worked hard and saved up and now I have a second cow."

And the russian goes "woah that's funny, my neighbour also had two cows, and I only had one so I killed his second cow and now we both have one"
    And basically the PC here is divided between russians, poles and cheaters are the neighbours with their fancy two cows.

Also Russians and the Polish and Cows are all fine by me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-30-2013),oventoast (09-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    Dunno how well this will translate into english but my czech relatives have a quick story about how russian and polish people are different and it's all racist and things but I'm bringing it up because it does describe the PC attitude somewhat?

And basically the PC here is divided between russians, poles and cheaters are the neighbours with their fancy two cows.

Also Russians and the Polish and Cows are all fine by me.
    Seems to fit the situation!

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    "There are currently 92 users online. 30 members and 62 guests"

The guest number always is more than the double of registered members online xD people is always watching this forum, either because they are curious about this things but are too shy or worried to join, or because they are directly stalking. So sad but yeah, that's how things have always being here, and we have to take the extra precautions at the moment of saying information about trades or sells