Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the reasoning for the denial of making UC pets BS?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I think it would do so much good for Jumpstart to invest in hiring a few talented folk to clean up loose ends, and really modernize the mechanics of the site. JS is doing a pretty good job at maintaining what is already there, but in 2016 the stuff is quickly becoming outdated and people are losing interest!! an unconverter would be a really neat addition once the site becomes more stable and users are able to trust TNT again. JS would increase profits by like 100000%
    Last edited by Puff; 05-23-2016 at 03:04 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puff For This Useful Post:

alilquicker (05-26-2016),Him (05-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by That Irrelevant Guy View Post
    Lmao acting like regular people on the forum give a fuck about this sites economy
    They just want their UCs
    Accounts, items still hold whatever value they had + names do too.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

If they ever introduce a way to UC pets and sell onsite they should make the pet reconvert so people would buy repeatedly + Itll let old UCs hold some value since they can be traded across accounts without having to pay for unconversion.
    Lmao because you thought I was implying legit players cared about our economy? I meant WE would care of this was implemented. That should've been quite obvious to be honest and I'm not sure how you would even think I was suggesting legit players cared about an illegit economy? Cmon now.

A lot (possibly even a majority) of the trades here are UC sales. Tell me that wouldn't hurt our economy or cause sellers to lose interest.
    Last edited by Urbex; 05-23-2016 at 06:19 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    Lmao because you thought I was implying legit players cared about our economy? I meant WE would care of this was implemented. That should've been quite obvious to be honest and I'm not sure how you would even think I was suggesting legit players cared about an illegit economy? Cmon now.

A lot (possibly even a majority) of the trades here are UC sales. Tell me that wouldn't hurt our economy or cause sellers to lose interest.
    Let me rephrase it.
    Members here who don't sell UCs wouldn't care about this sites economy in regards to UCs if it meant they could own the ones they wanted with names they wanted for way cheaper.
    If tnt came out tomorrow and released something to put UCs back on the map the only one thats assed out are the small minority of sellers and the ones who paid high prices for ucs.

So the point I was trying to make which wasnt clear enough because you didnt understand was that those who care about UCs do care if TNT doesnt want to support UCs because dealing with report happies on site or worrying about them messes with the experience of owning a UC esp since neo is barely a game but more of a forum with a bunch of side shit to do to keep yourself entertained.
    These people would trade this sites economy if it meant a legit worryfree experience of owning UCs, the last thing tbey care about is "Oh no, now this pet isnt worth $200 anymore "

Just my point of view, im not someone who cares about owning a uc etc.
    But as someone who has bought nps in the past, when that duping came out all I gave a fuck about was the relief of not having to buy more shit with my cash If I wanted it.
    Last edited by bry; 05-23-2016 at 06:39 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bry For This Useful Post:

alilquicker (05-26-2016),cinnamon (05-24-2016),Raposa (05-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Surely the other reason is that you can't customise UC pets to the same degree, and if UC pets were obtainable then every fucker would have them, thus reducing the amount spent in the NC Mall...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oscar75 For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Then they should invest more in background, foregrounds, garlands and trinkets

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (05-24-2016),ily (05-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 20h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    off topic, but I'm so tired of I AM NOT A ROBOT DO SOME RANDOM SHIT every time I click on neopet//userlookup

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ily For This Useful Post:

Banannie (05-24-2016),Puff (05-24-2016),Sakuras (06-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    blah, CAPTCHAs Are Death 2016. most existing users are adults that can tolerate this slow painful shit because college was worse and Windows 98 was once our fav operating system. the age group the site attempts to target doesn't have the patience to get invested in the site. so, JS gotta play to existing users that crave the nostalgia of 2000s artwork and are willing to spend big bucks for it. trinkets and backgrounds are cool. like, then we don't gotta go behind their back to snag the pets we really want, probably would also make the site more secure so people arent hijacking active acounts all over- there'd be an easy way to make your 4ever dream UC RB kau or whatnot!!
    Last edited by Puff; 05-24-2016 at 07:21 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puff For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (05-25-2016),oventoast (05-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I can understand that it requires them to change the code, but has there not been events where they have changed a certain pet that was converted back to a UC again?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    As far as the issue with the coding, YES, I agree that they are not lying about the fact that changing the coding of a pet or implementing UC in the form of a paint brush would be a nightmare on the backend. It's really more that they don't seem to see the value in finding a workaround.

There was a discussion in a prior thread about making an UC "suit" or any NC item that could be sold through the mall. This item when worn would would display the image of either the UC pet art of your choice (or just the art that corresponds with your pets color & species) in place of your pet's image. Applying this item would also make a small notation on the pet lookup saying "Wearing the UC suit!" similar to the "Zapped by the petpet lab ray" to make it clear that it's not a true UC pet, but instead just an imitation. This way people who just care about the art get it, and people who are rarity-conscious can cling to their "genuine" UC pets. This would also be less likely to completely crash the UC market here on clraik.

I mean, I see issues with the implementation I suggested above as far as it opening up opportunities to scam dummies, I'm just thinking outside the box.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamon For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    There was a discussion in a prior thread about making an UC "suit" or any NC item that could be sold through the mall. This item when worn would would display the image of either the UC pet art of your choice (or just the art that corresponds with your pets color & species) in place of your pet's image. Applying this item would also make a small notation on the pet lookup saying "Wearing the UC suit!" similar to the "Zapped by the petpet lab ray" to make it clear that it's not a true UC pet, but instead just an imitation. This way people who just care about the art get it, and people who are rarity-conscious can cling to their "genuine" UC pets. This would also be less likely to completely crash the UC market here on clraik.
    Yea, that seems to be the only way there would be riots and rage-quits -- "new" UCs will have to be differentiated from "real" UCs in some fashion or it will tank everything. But if they aren't actually coded as UCs, but rather UC "skins" (for lack of a better term), I don't see TNT's griping about the coding as valid (since it wouldn't need to be a "real" functioning UC on all parts of the site) -- it could just be a drop down option you purchase to change your pet's (outward) appearance via Quick Ref. I'm envisioning something like the dropdown options on DTI when you pull up a pet that is both converted or UC:

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

* Coming Soon!

(you need an account to see links)
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariella For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-26-2016)