24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I find it amusing - a forum packed full of CHEATERS - are against something that we've all been doing for years. This forum is slowly filling with hypocrites.
    Is not the same doing ss or auto buying but stealing from ACTIVE acc...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I find it amusing - a forum packed full of CHEATERS - are against something that we've all been doing for years. This forum is slowly filling with hypocrites.
    o.O I don't see what you're seeing.
    Up till this point, I thought people were just discussing what's happening, no one's passed judgment about going into active accounts till now.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Some people draw the line at different spots. Some people only buy items/pets that were legitimately traded for onsite, or from inactive accounts where the owner hasn't logged in for years. I'm also against stealing from active accounts because it's just an ass thing to do. Hell, the most I take from the site is the mystery pic answers and the occasional birthday cupcake. Don't lump everyone in with yourself.

But yeah, @(you need an account to see links) is right. You were the first one here to comment on the morality of stealing from active accounts so...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    Some people draw the line at different spots. Some people only buy items/pets that were legitimately traded for onsite, or from inactive accounts where the owner hasn't logged in for years. I'm also against stealing from active accounts because it's just an ass thing to do. Hell, the most I take from the site is the mystery pic answers and the occasional birthday cupcake. Don't lump everyone in with yourself.

But yeah, @(you need an account to see links) is right. You were the first one here to comment on the morality of stealing from active accounts so...
    Sorry you completely missed the previous thread on this same subject, this discussion started long before this thread was posted.

Cheating = Cheating

You cannot pick and choose what's moral when it all has the same classification.

That's like saying "Okay the bible doesn't want me killing people, but it's okay if I cheat on my spouse because that's not so bad"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Sorry you completely missed the previous thread on this same subject, this discussion started long before this thread was posted.

Cheating = Cheating

You cannot pick and choose what's moral when it all has the same classification.

That's like saying "Okay the bible doesn't want me killing people, but it's okay if I cheat on my spouse because that's not so bad"
    You're falsely conflating "the law" with "the good". Like on the DND alignment chart, there is a huge difference between being lawful neutral and neutral good. I think that's what's being discussed - not whether cheating is cheating or not.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    ...I made this thread to see if anyone had any more information on this link

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serais View Post
    ...I made this thread to see if anyone had any more information on this link
    For that I apologize about my outburst, I don't have any information on the link other than it seems like the same thing that was happening a few weeks ago. Staying safe should be simple, just don't click on any links while on Neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    11d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Cheating = Cheating

Poor analogy.
    I'd rather cheat on a spouse than kill someone. But that's just me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by lunamary View Post
    Poor analogy.
    I'd rather cheat on a spouse than kill someone. But that's just me
    Not really a poor analogy, if you do either (according to the bible) you're going to hell. Both result in the same punishment.

Whether you buy 10 million inactive neopoints or 10 million active neopoints you're still going to get the same punishment (if caught) which will be frozen.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Not really a poor analogy, if you do either (according to the bible) you're going to hell. Both result in the same punishment.

Whether you buy 10 million inactive neopoints or 10 million active neopoints you're still going to get the same punishment (if caught) which will be frozen.
    Yes really, that is a poor analogy. You shouldn't be focusing on which rules in the bible are worse to break. The discussion is whether the bible is an acceptable and reasonable source for your morality.

When a person exchanges $10 for 5mil np, is it lawful? No. Is it good? I would say yes. Two people exchanged their goods and both benefited from the transaction with no negative consequence on the larger Neopets community.
    When a person steals an account from another person, is it lawful? No. And is it good? No, it is not good from an utilitarian perspective.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ribbon For This Useful Post:

Dot (12-07-2015),Roslyn (12-08-2015),Zeus (12-06-2015)