DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Excited to hear what @(you need an account to see links) has up her sleeves!

And I have to say, seeing that clraik is so awesome about this is very heartening c': I admit I was half-expecting everybody to be slinging slurs around - you know, you see it pretty often - but instead it's this, and I have all the warm fuzzies c:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

And I have to say, seeing that clraik is so awesome about this is very heartening c': I admit I was half-expecting everybody to be slinging slurs around - you know, you see it pretty often - but instead it's this, and I have all the warm fuzzies c:

I'm so curious of how this will end up as well ;P
    And I'm glad to see how the community has replied.. well, people in clraik are much more mature and is really nice to be able to talk to others without being judged, also, for people here is not hard to relate in what this user is going through when maybe a lot of us have go to the same, or someone close, has experienced cyber-bullying or RL situations because of their gender or sexual tastes

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

thatm kaesm e happy as well. When I joined I expected it to be like the uhm. uhm. ******** community, most of them are pretty douch-baggy, from the time I was there.

I am happy to find a place that is as annoyed/upset about this as I am. Makes me efeel like I've found a good place to be & stick with.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chiro For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-13-2014)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Ugh that made me feel pretty ill. Just people.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've probably got the unpopular opinion here.

I thought that the original post (I saw it yesterday, I think, when it was first posted) was a submitted post. Which means the mods wouldn't have been the ones who wrote it. So I don't think it's necessarily fair, for a lack of better word, to assume that they were the ones writing the (original) ignorant shit. Obviously the responses were from the mods and were also ignorant as shit. I don't really know why anyone is surprised that they would go as far as to post someone's FB account information. That's why we're not supposed to share offsite information with each other on Neo, because it puts us in a position where someone could reveal our personal information to other people.

I think that it's bullshit for people to ridicule someone's sexual identity.
    Everyone gets to decide for themselves how they're going to be perceived.

That being said, I'm just honestly confused about why there's so much hoopla about them posting someone's FB account.
    I feel like this wouldn't have gotten the same reaction if the person whose information was posted was cisgendered?

I feel like I just stuck my foot in my mouth,

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    That being said, I'm just honestly confused about why there's so much hoopla about them posting someone's FB account.
    I feel like this wouldn't have gotten the same reaction if the person whose information was posted was cisgendered?
    I agree. It's fucking stupid they posted somebodies FB account, it's understandable that somebody could be upset/feel violated for their personal information being leaked. I don't feel like everybody would be forming an army to defend the person if they were 'cisgendered'.

People stood by while this blog openly accused and cyberbullied people for all kinds of things. Attacking somebodies gender identity is no worse than the shit they've already done, but that seems to be the main focus of anger here and suddenly it needs to be shut down.

The blog was shit before, it's just as shit now. If you add fuel to the fire it'll keep burning.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    36d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I've probably got the unpopular opinion here.

I thought that the original post (I saw it yesterday, I think, when it was first posted) was a submitted post. Which means the mods wouldn't have been the ones who wrote it. So I don't think it's necessarily fair, for a lack of better word, to assume that they were the ones writing the (original) ignorant shit. Obviously the responses were from the mods and were also ignorant as shit. I don't really know why anyone is surprised that they would go as far as to post someone's FB account information. That's why we're not supposed to share offsite information with each other on Neo, because it puts us in a position where someone could reveal our personal information to other people.

I think that it's bullshit for people to ridicule someone's sexual identity.
    Everyone gets to decide for themselves how they're going to be perceived.

I feel like I just stuck my foot in my mouth,
    It may not have been the mods who wrote it, but it was their choice to publish it. I'm glad they've taken it down, but honestly, they went too far posting it in the first place. I know that I, a cisgendered female, would FLIP A SHIT if my facebook was given out, especially to the crazies at PC Blacklist. Who wants their personal lives to be made public without their permission, allowing others to harass and target them outside of neo? The thought of that is just horrifying to me. Is it definitely worse that it was a genderqueer (I apologize, I might not be using the right term) individual and that people made slurs against him? Absolutely.

I still want this blog shut down. I've sent an email to tumblr, and I sent a message to Marshall to make sure he's all right. I advise that EVERYONE do the same or at least check up on Marshall (you need an account to see links). It's quite possible people could be sending him harassing asks through the anon system, and it's really important to make sure he's okay.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sarah For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-13-2014),Cheese (04-13-2014),Festiv (04-13-2014),hi hater (04-15-2014),I_royalty_I (04-13-2014),Q*bert (04-13-2014)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Very kind of you to do that. No one deserves to go through this. I hope the person who sent that for the PCBL to even publish feels like the little bastard he is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    30d 13h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I don't really know why anyone is surprised that they would go as far as to post someone's FB account information. That's why we're not supposed to share offsite information with each other on Neo, because it puts us in a position where someone could reveal our personal information to other people.
    People would be pissed off at them taking it away from Neo and making it personal regardless, but the fact they've also escalated it to full blown bullying over sexual identity makes it far worse. Of course it's a "bigger hoopla" when it's someone who is, naturally, far more vulnerable to cyberbullying because they're already going through a very, very tough period in their lives. Why shouldn't it be a "bigger hoopla"? Why shouldn't people want to speak out against bullying when it becomes personal like this?

I don't think it has anything at all to do with cis/trans/whatever you like gender it's been taken too far and it's not for us to sit and go "Oh no one would be bothered if the person was cisgendered" because people absolutely WOULD be bothered, it's just worse in this case because they've simultaneously revealed themselves to have no boundaries and to also be vile and bigoted. What use is sitting around wondering if it would be different if it was a different person - that's not going to change how disgusting it is and it's a waste of our time.

Mods chose to publish the post. It's stopped being stupid petty namecalling/related to Neopets and it's turned into "look at this persons real, actual facebook that they talk to their family and friends on, let's mock them for their identity."
    Not okay.
    Last edited by Doll; 04-13-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Shhh.. Doll is sleeping. PM me for best results
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Doll For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-13-2014),cibomatto (04-13-2014),colourful (04-13-2014),congression (04-13-2014),Festiv (04-13-2014),guro (04-13-2014),hi hater (04-15-2014),I_royalty_I (04-13-2014),Katharine (04-13-2014),Laureneh (04-13-2014),Q*bert (04-13-2014),Sarah (04-13-2014),Swablu (04-13-2014),txtsd (04-13-2014)

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    As someone who is gay and has a best friend who is trans, I got pretty fucking pissed at that. I don't care if you get pissed at said person for petty shit on Neo, that crap is not ok.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-13-2014),chiro (04-13-2014),dyinghearte (04-15-2014)