Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has tnt ever granted permission to rename a bad named pet?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Sounds like they're using the name as an ID field rather than using some sort of sequential identifier number they can attach to the name, there's times and places when that's appropriate...websites with 100mil+ registered users are certainly not one of them...dammit TNT.

For an example of a website that uses ID's instead one can look to our beloved CK, if you look at any profile you'll see the link actually has a number in it, for example mine is: 30528, infamous joe is of course 1 as he was the first registered user, it makes the joins much cleaner and allows you to make username changes and the such very easily
    That's exactly it. I think I saw Scrappy explain it some time ago, not sure though if it was her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (09-05-2019)

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    They don't allow you to change your username or your pet name. Instead, for usernames, they have let people transfer everything including avatars, trophies, shop sizes, an exact mirror copy of all of your things to a new account. It's sort of a one off basis and rarely happens but it has happened at least 5 times from memory now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
    They don't allow you to change your username or your pet name. Instead, for usernames, they have let people transfer everything including avatars, trophies, shop sizes, an exact mirror copy of all of your things to a new account. It's sort of a one off basis and rarely happens but it has happened at least 5 times from memory now.
    holy shit, i've NEVER heard of this. do you have any source for this (not that i doubt you, i'd just like to read up on it more if possible)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    21d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
    Wait.. they allowed to do that?

I mirroring copy of all the things sounds so much work and things could go in a wrong way.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by basmatirice View Post
    holy shit, i've NEVER heard of this. do you have any source for this (not that i doubt you, i'd just like to read up on it more if possible)
    I can't remember the username but here's a reddit post from someone that had the same thing happen.

(you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

basmatirice (09-06-2019),Sakuras (09-06-2019),Winona (02-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I can't remember their username now but there was someone really recently on the PC who had an account that TNT clearly did that with too. They had 4-5 UCS, but an account that was only three months old. Saw it happen a few years ago to an ACer too, TNT made them a new account with all their old avatars, trophies, etc.

I've seen it a couple of times over the years and it really surprises me that they do it because it does sound like a lot of work. But then again I've heard of people who instead of being offered this, TNT just bans their account that has been around for years because they now deem the name inappropriate.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Yeah that's the account I saw too. I found this screenshot on another forum just now after researching. Apparently they give a neomail out like this if you've got to transfer over.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

basmatirice (09-06-2019),cuddlypanda (02-05-2020),fuzzypeach (02-13-2020),Gremlin (09-06-2019),Sakuras (09-06-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I remember back in 2001 I tried to name my Neopet "Jedi" but it said the name was taken. When I looked it up, I couldn't find it anywhere. Then a few years later, a pet was newly created with that name.
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Found this thread on google. So it seems like TNT can't mirror the age?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    59d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    One of my accounts was transferred over like this a few years back, I never got a mail just woke up to a frozen account. When putting in a ticket I was given the option of making a new account and having things transferred over.

Mostly everything went over okay, I lost my nb pens, lab ray and a few items disappeared into the void which staff said they couldn't replace, along with account age being reset. One of my UCs was converted on transfer and I had to put in multiple tickets to get that corrected.