Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Paypal question...

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6

    Paypal question...

    Can someone be arrested for scamming on paypal if under 100$?

    Just curious.I have a friend who scammed someone on paypal for about 60$...Can he be arrested?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    632
    Thanked 924 Times in 499 Posts


    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    0
    Possibly.

    I know paypal will find him and send him to collections.....

    Scamming someone like that is really stupid.

    Have him return the money, do the right thing.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

    fairydust201 (05-23-2012)

  4. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    Thats what I am telling him....I am genuinely concerned Thanks for letting me know

  5. #4
    Lauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 45 Times in 22 Posts


    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 h 48 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    I have a friend that scammed someone for about ~$30 and they banned him from using PayPal but I'm not sure they did much else. Better to be safe than sorry, I'd advise him to return it. :/

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    i doubt he will be arrest. at most his account will be deactivated and blacklisted. i don't think they are able to do anything else.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chernobyl
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 112 Times in 77 Posts


    Downloads
    35
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Time Online
    24 d 4 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    18 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Hm, ask Becka. She'd know.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 90 Times in 65 Posts


    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Hm, ask Becka. She'd know.
    Yes, yes I do.

    Firstly, submit a refund request. If that doesn't work, go to the police. They SHOULD do their job and get your money back which will be his fine pretty much for stealing as it is stealing. They supposedly will contact PayPal and get him on the black list. His IP, Location w/e. If they have done it more than once, they can be arrested, yes.

    I have known someone that has made very wrong choices in life, scamming OVER $10,000 dollars over Paypal just to buy rare items on RuneScape. He had jail time. He also had to do community service.

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chernobyl
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 112 Times in 77 Posts


    Downloads
    35
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Time Online
    24 d 4 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    18 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    Yes, yes I do.

    Firstly, submit a refund request. If that doesn't work, go to the police. They SHOULD do their job and get your money back which will be his fine pretty much for stealing as it is stealing. They supposedly will contact PayPal and get him on the black list. His IP, Location w/e. If they have done it more than once, they can be arrested, yes.

    I have known someone that has made very wrong choices in life, scamming OVER $10,000 dollars over Paypal just to buy rare items on RuneScape. He had jail time. He also had to do community service.
    They asked if he could go to jail, not how to get someone blacklisted that scammed you. Didn't you scam someone out of about 60 dollars last year and spend it on NC? I think that's more relevant to his question than all of that was.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    1,372
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 817 Posts


    Downloads
    85
    Uploads
    4
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Time Online
    14 d 7 h 24 m
    Avg. Time Online
    10 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Luka, that is not the topic of this thread. Please do not try to cause drama. If you have a problem, PM an admin.

    Not trying to backseat mod here, but you did that on purpose.

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan~ For This Useful Post:

    Azn (05-23-2012),Becka (05-23-2012),Ronith (05-23-2012),SmokeToke (05-23-2012),Solgaleo (05-23-2012),Zachafer (05-23-2012)

  12. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 90 Times in 65 Posts


    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    They asked if he could go to jail, not how to get someone blacklisted that scammed you. Didn't you scam someone out of about 60 dollars last year and spend it on NC? I think that's more relevant to his question than all of that was.
    Umm, no. I didn't even purchase NC until this year and most of which was bought with NC cards from EB games. I didn't even start selling shit until September, plus I'm trusted and I'm a moderator on another site. This is why I had you blocked. Causing drama, plus lying about me and making fun of my real life situations. who the fuck are you to tell me that I am stupid in the brain? Who the fuck are you to tell me that I am fucked up for not being a lesbian to suit your needs or w/e? It's changing the way I think about my own health. I lost 15 pounds in a WEEK because of what you told me. I knew you were odd when I first met you, I didn't know you were also a trouble maker. I have enough sources from people on YouTube, like that ginger guy that says they have souls or w/e. He has given me 20 dollars over paypal for Minecraft. My friend Rob has given me 40 because I needed it for something on Ebay. I have good friends that will help me that actually make lots of money.

    ---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan~ View Post
    Luka, that is not the topic of this thread. Please do not try to cause drama. If you have a problem, PM an admin.

    Not trying to backseat mod here, but you did that on purpose.
    You aren't backseating at all, you're telling the truth and helping in a GOOD way. I thank you Ryan.
    Last edited by Becka; 05-23-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •