19/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Stun gun - used for defending.

It's the school's responsibility that no bullying takes place(utopia), their fault that this happened and seriously can be avoided.
    On another note, the one bullied was defending himself. There's a law that says that you can defend yourself right

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    He should not be punished and he should be applauded. People can only be pushed so far.

His methods are a little over the top. His mother and fathers' parenting skills should be brought into question. "Here son take this gun to school"....bit mad really.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I vote he shouldn't be punished.
    As stated before, it's the school's responsibility to take care of the bullies, and it's somewhat sick to me that the school only starts to care once the weaker one fights back.

I think the school should be punished, instead of the kid who was defending himself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CeaseWorld For This Useful Post:

Emiley (06-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by CeaseWorld View Post
    I vote he shouldn't be punished.
    As stated before, it's the school's responsibility to take care of the bullies, and it's somewhat sick to me that the school only starts to care once the weaker one fights back.

I think the school should be punished, instead of the kid who was defending himself.
    They started to care because a weapon became involved. When it comes down to emotional harm vs physical harm, yes they are obligated to take the threat of physical harm MUCH more seriously. He should be punished. The bully was also in the wrong, but think about if you were a parent of a child who went to that school. If they let a kid bring a weapon to school and go completely unpunished, I would fear for the safety of my own child. There are bullies in history (ahem, Columbine) who came back and shot not only the bullies, but also innocent people. They have to look out for the safety of everyone, and someone bringing a weapon is a very serious concern. They should look into the bullying situation, yes, but I don't think the school board should be scrutinized at all for taking action when a weapon became involved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m

He should have just done this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

ri0tc0re (06-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I completely get where he was coming from as a bullied student trying to defend himself (I haven't really been bullied, but I've been put in the situation where something against the rules seems rational), but at the same time, any amount of logic in his head should have said he'd be expelled. In Florida, it's a Class B weapon and can get you expelled just for carrying one on you on school property (in school or not).

My point is, he should have found another way to deal with the situation. His 'method' worked, but you can't really blame the school for its decision. I mean they might have disregarded the bullying or mishandled it, but that doesn't equate to carrying a firearm (A stungun IS a firearm) that can get you in trouble into a school, especially discharging it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think the teachers and administrators should have done something before it got to the point where he felt like he had to bring a stun gun to school and use it to defend himself. I think they're right in expelling him seeing as how it's a crime to carry any type of weapon in a public school anywhere in the US, but I can understand why he didn't. My question is why it was allowed to escalate to that point. If the parents knew, then why didn't they talk to the faculty? If the faculty knew, why didn't they do something to stop the bullying?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Schools don't tend to give a shit about bullying and stuff unless it comes to a situation like this, where the school is directly involved and could face consequences e.g. if the bullies' parents decided to file a lawsuit about the school allowing weapons and how their kid was hurt during school-time when they're meant to be protected.

There's a similar situation at my uni at the moment - this group of absolutely arrogant tossers are bullying a kid who can't and won't fight back, but if anyone gets involved and beats up this bully (which I want to, he picks on small, weak kids and I'm not one of them lol) we'd be thrown out for violence, aggressive behaviour etc. The kid won't even go to the Uni to sort it out, so they just turn a blind eye to it all, and when the bully does it, he claims it's all 'banter' and just a joke, when it really bugs this kid. It pisses me off, but I'm glad this dude tried to protect himself and stand up for himself, and I think this should be given special treatment because expulsion is harsh based on the fact he was bullied all the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:

Emiley (06-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post

He should have just done this

This video makes me laugh every time I see it, mostly because of the music reference.
    |                                                     With love,
|                                                        NRWGN
|
|    P.S.
|    Don't hover over my woman. It's rude.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow, gay people are like popular at my school XD I didn't know that people get bullied for that.