DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    God haven't created old man to like little kids. Difference is that two persons of the same sex loving each other is not hurting them.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    Goal of a governement is also to make the more people happy with their decisions. If legalizing the gay marriage is giving more votes to Obama, why shouldn't he legalize it?
    -facepalm-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

John (05-11-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Adam, or Even and Eve.
    Pretty sure it's well understood what "God" thought.
    How else would procreation happen? It wouldn't get very far if the first two people in the world were of the same gender.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Yeah, it is a first world problem.
    I think that's pretty obvious.
    But so is the topic of homosexuality and just about any other topic being debated now a days.
    Point??

But it doesn't matter what 'God' did. There is clear evidence that there was never one single man and one single woman >.> So that rule shouldn't even apply.

Whilst there are people who are homosexual it does not mean that everyone is going to stop procreating. There are people with FAR many children and far too many children in the foster care system and adoption centers. The world is over populated and if anything homosexuality will slightly reduce over-population and atleast give children the chance to be adopted by loving parents.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    For our next trick, let's force Jews and Muslims to serve pork at all masses!

Goal of a governement is also to make the more people happy with their decisions. If legalizing the gay marriage is giving more votes to Obama, why shouldn't he legalize it?
    Well the government is supposed to fear the people, not the other way around.
    If government is supposed to make people happy with their decisions, then our government has been failing for a long time.

And that second bit? lol
    You think it's cool if he legalizes it for the sole purpose of getting more votes?
    Really?

God haven't created old man to like little kids. Difference is that two persons of the same sex loving each other is not hurting them.
    How do you know that?
    Maybe they were born with a preference towards younger kids.
    Some pedophiles might argue their case that way, saying they were born that way and they had no choice.

Just as gay people argue THEY were born that way and it wasn't up to them...
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Seriously, if you believe in "god", then you must say that "god" made the old men who like little kids.

Andrew has made the most sense in this thread.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmileYaDead For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-10-2012),John (05-11-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    But it doesn't matter what 'God' did. There is clear evidence that there was never one single man and one single woman >.> So that rule shouldn't even apply.

Whilst there are people who are homosexual it does not mean that everyone is going to stop procreating. There are people with FAR many children and far too many children in the foster care system and adoption centers. The world is over populated and if anything homosexuality will slightly reduce over-population and atleast give children the chance to be adopted by loving parents.
    Well if you are Christian, that's what we believe.
    If you aren't then I also respect your views there as well.

But at the same time, if you don't believe in God and the Bible, etc etc... why do you want to get married in a church?
    Go take your business elsewhere instead of stomping on other people's beliefs, ya know?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    Seriously, if you believe in "god", then you must say that "god" made the old men who like little kids.
    I do believe in God, and I do think that he made them.
    But I don't believe that he made them with them "pre-programmed" to like little kids. And I also don't think people are "born gay".

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well if you are Christian, that's what we believe.
    If you aren't then I also respect your views there as well.

But at the same time, if you don't believe in God and the Bible, etc etc... why do you want to get married in a church?
    Go take your business elsewhere instead of stomping on other people's beliefs, ya know?

Exactly.
    What really bugs me is that gay couples would even want to be married by a Christian church, even the new testament condemns homosexuality. I don't see anything wrong with having a religious function for marriage but doing it with a religion that completely condemns you to hell is a little strange.

Bottom line the government should have no say in the affairs on the church or vice versa, if a church refuses marriage based on their religious beliefs that should be it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    This is true, there are many children in foster care and such, but legalizing gay marriage won't change that lol.
    It's not like once it's passed every gay couple is gonna rush off and adopt kids... they could do that now if they REALLY wanted to

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Blame the society on turning decent straight men into gays. My old classmate, from whom I would have never believed it, went gay first year of college. I was seriously WTF. All the attention the gays are getting, who wouldn't want to be noticed.
    Last edited by SmileYaDead; 05-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

How do you know that?
    Maybe they were born with a preference towards younger kids.
    Some pedophiles might argue their case that way, saying they were born that way and they had no choice.

Just as gay people argue THEY were born that way and it wasn't up to them...
    Actually it was quite common in all Abrahamic religions to marry your children off to older men, and most commonly accepted in Islam. Furthermore it is generally accepted in history as being common place and in some cultures today still relevant. The difference is humans have decided that it is immoral, because we understand how the world works and in particular how the mind develops and the psychology of the mind. Furthermore society has changed. When people died at 40, 10 really wasn't all that young to have a child. We now have education and medicine that prolongs childhood and lifespan in general to about 70-80 in the western world so there is no moral reason for a child to get married at a young age. Simillarily thats why there are laws in most modernized countries restricting the age of consensual marriage to 18...I won't get into forced marriages and marriages accepted by parents.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chi For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-10-2012)