63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Sigh...need more proxy help...

Okay, so I have multiple accounts I really want to get to using. Do I have to use a different proxy for each account? Or is that only dependent on location? Please help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    It's best to use different ones, I've had chain icings for using one proxy with too many accounts. Find some fast, free proxies and you're good to go

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Okay, and how reliable is that thing FoxyProxy or whatever? And for the proxies, should I coordinate the location of the account and the location of the proxy?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    FoxyProxy works fine, although most modern browsers come with proxy functionality built-in:

Firefox: Tools > Options > Advanced > Network tab > click "Settings" under "Connection" > Manual Proxy Configuration

Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings > Select the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" check box

Google Chrome: Click the wrench icon @ upper right > Options > "Under the Hood" > “Change Proxy Settings” to the right of "Network" > “LAN Settings” button > “Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN” check box

Opera: Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Network> Click the "Proxy servers" button.

Safari: Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Change Settings

I don't play NP so I can't exactly say for sure, but I would venture to guess that Neopets looks at the IPs if investigating specific activity so it would be wise to use corresponding proxies to the account's location as much as possible.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Wow that is extremely helpful, both of you! +rep! Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I separate it by function. The accounts I have that I'm going to AB on I usually use the same proxy for those (because they are all at risk for getting frozen anyway). All my hacked accounts that I just want to go in and see what's on there, I usually use the same proxy. And if I find one that I really like and want to use as a main, I'll secure it gradually with a different proxy. And if I find a really good account or there is something on it I intend to sell, I will use a completely unique one in order to make it completely safe. But I always, always, ALWAYS use my real IP for my main and NOTHING else. That way my main is completely separate and secure from all the other disposable accounts I have.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    And where do you find these different proxies?
    @(you need an account to see links) : will each one of those methods give you a different proxy to use each time?
    I have two located in the U.S., one in Brazil, one in Canada, and one in Argentina. Any suggestions?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used (you need an account to see links) to find proxies. You can enter in your criteria to filter the search depending on what country you want and how anonymous (obviously highest anonymity is ideal). After you enter your search it will continue to refresh as they come available. Just test different ones to see which ones work and which ones are fastest.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links): Okay, I have my IP Address, now where do I go to actually use it? Sorry, I have never actually had to change anything like this in the past...I use Google Chrome if that helps, but I can also use Safari and IE.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteSamurai View Post
    @(you need an account to see links): Okay, I have my IP Address, now where do I go to actually use it? Sorry, I have never actually had to change anything like this in the past...I use Google Chrome if that helps, but I can also use Safari and IE.
    See Tom's post above about FoxyProxy. I'm not sure how to use it on Google Chrome. To use it on IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings > check the box that says "Proxy Server" and enter your proxy in there.
    For more information on proxies, here is an excellent guide:
    (you need an account to see links)