DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, I am against discrimination towards any form of people. Research has proven that gayness is caused by mutated genes thus people should not ostracise them. It is not like they want to be gay...
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount
    (you need an account to see links)

Ongoing giveaways:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Research has proven that gayness is caused by mutated genes thus people should not ostracise them. It is not like they want to be gay...
    Link to the studies please

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 21h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by caonima View Post
    Well, I am against discrimination towards any form of people. Research has proven that gayness is caused by mutated genes thus people should not ostracise them. It is not like they want to be gay...
    I agree with you on some parts.
    But I'm glad I'm gay.
    I WANT to be gay.
    I wouldn't want it any other way.

I just don't like the consequences of being gay, the ridicule, the hurt, the pain. That's what people don't like.

Thank you Hellraid <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (05-18-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Link to the studies please
    Well, if you read news often there are mentions of the research when people are discussing gay behaviour. Please google for it.
    Hiatus ended
    Just returned to Clraik!

Great non-neopets deals coming up

Ongoing sales discount

Ongoing giveaways:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think your state isnt that bad as my country.
    My country is very disriminative and bend towards catholic views.
    We arent even allowed divorce here to start with

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    19h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
    I agree with you on some parts.
    But I'm glad I'm gay.
    I WANT to be gay.
    I wouldn't want it any other way.

I just don't like the consequences of being gay, the ridicule, the hurt, the pain. That's what people don't like.
    I'm not sure what I hate more, the hate that comes from being gay or being people's "pet project." :/
    I live in Washington State near Seattle. I lost pretty much all my friends when I came out. I made them uncomfortable, they said.
    This year our Gov decides to make Gay Marriage legal. It's 'politically correct' now, you see. Now everyone wants to be on the up and up. This is the state that said "Green you say? Well I'll put green on your green and make a green sandwich!" ;D
    Now my 'friends' are back and I feel like I'm on a special of 'save the dolphins' or something.
    It's so... smarmy. xD'
    I agree with Ronith. Obama's actions are smarmy.

That said, I wish people would just... calm down. I try not to think about the political stuff - I can't do anything about it - but I hate that people can't just look at me for who I am instead of having to smother me with all these 'rules' about what I'm supposed to be. I was dating another girl and for the longest time I'd never used the word lesbian or gay to define me :/ because the words are so coated with assumptions and expectations. Those girls from the L word? that's not me either. I'm me. That's... about it.
    Ionno if I'm making sense. But I don't even care that I can't get married in most states. I just want to be with someone who makes me happy. :/ At least people don't kill me when they see me where we are. At least I can expect to live about as long as everyone else. It could always be worse. It could be better, but it could be worse.
    There was a hole here. It's gone now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowpie For This Useful Post:

Kristin (05-18-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think really, the church, or anythign religion has had say in this

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I am embarrassed of my state as well. People here are about the same as any southern state in the ways of belief and the way they act toward gays and other races besides their own.

I am also gay and of course I didn't choose to be I've had the same amount of girlfriends as i've had boyfriends and I just like guys. I just can't see girls as a sexual thing. Girls to me are there for friendship and that's it. But the hate and ridicule over me being gay.. not only from citizens but the government as well is horrible! Gays have come along way since the "being gay is illegal" days of the 50's but the hate hasn't stopped and it never will, just like with african-americans or arabs in this country still being hated for their race. People are just ignorant and it seems the further south you go the more ignorant the people are. NOT saying all people from the south are ignorant, my boyfriend is from Alabama. But if the government is going to hate on gays and arabs and blacks then so is everyone else. Change will never happen unless the government steps in and says "hey there is nothing wrong with gay". I believe in gay marriage. (and not just because i myself am gay) Think about it, (quoting chad michaels from RuPauls Drag Race) Say you were gay (even if you aren't) and you were in the hospital on your death bed. They wouldnt let your partner (no matter how long you've been together) even come see you because they arent considered family. Wouldnt that hurt? Knowing you are going to die and will never get to see the person you love again before you do die because they arent related to you because you cant get married? I think so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nothing should matter about what race, sex, marital status, etc... its such bs... I wonder when the day will come that none of this will matter, if it comes...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I see nothing wrong with same sex marriage, it not like the world population will go down if they marry or babies will stop being born. I don't understand the concept of a country or stat in this case would have authorities to determine rather or not people can marry. BS!