7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn View Post
    You didn't answer my question. What votes does he have to gain by coming out in support of this?

Repealing of Don't Ask Don't Tell, Prop 8 Opponent, Trying to repeal DOMA, Denouncing Amendment 1... None of these things clued you in that he was in support of gay marriage? I find that surprising...

Also what other issues have he flipped on recently... since it's close to election time?
    Obama has only recently been an active advocate and supporter of gays and gay rights. He only recently was looking for the "right" political time (Bidens announcement that he supported gay marraige forced his hand) to tell the world that he sees no differences between male/female, male/male, and female /female marriages. To him it's all the same.

This will cost Obama little to nothing politically - but it will gain him probably total support, votes, and monetary support from the gay community.

Government NEVER should have had any say in marriage anyway. They should have given "civil union" licenses regardless of the sexual orientation of the union and let the participants call it what they want. Marriage is, at its root, a religious definition of the relationship anyway, not a government invention.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (05-18-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    Obama has only recently been an active advocate and supporter of gays and gay rights. He only recently was looking for the "right" political time (Bidens announcement that he supported gay marraige forced his hand) to tell the world that he sees no differences between male/female, male/male, and female /female marriages. To him it's all the same.

This will cost Obama little to nothing politically - but it will gain him probably total support, votes, and monetary support from the gay community.

Government NEVER should have had any say in marriage anyway. They should have given "civil union" licenses regardless of the sexual orientation of the union and let the participants call it what they want. Marriage is, at its root, a religious definition of the relationship anyway, not a government invention.
    The four examples I've given you were not recent... Only the NC Amendment One. Like I said before, the gay community was already going to vote for him. Mitt Romney has announced that he will put a federal constitutional ban against same sex marriage early in his campaign. Why would the gay community choose Romney over Obama? They supported him back in 08' and he's done so many good things in his presidency for gays, more than any other president. It's like would you rather keep everything the same or bring in a guy who's going to destroy everything?

Here's some numbers for you...
    Percent of blacks in America.... 12.6%
    Percent of hispanics in America... 16.3%

Percent of gays in America... 3%

I didn't even include whites that are against gay marriage and you can already see my point.

Well you say marriage is a religious institution but it's not to many people who are allowed to get married. America is made up of different religions like Buddhists, Hindus, etc. and even Atheists who get married. The law has never required someone to be religious to get married.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn View Post
    The four examples I've given you were not recent... Only the NC Amendment One. Like I said before, the gay community was already going to vote for him. Mitt Romney has announced that he will put a federal constitutional ban against same sex marriage. Why would the gay community choose Romney over Obama? They supported him back in 08' and he's done so many good things in his presidency for gays, more than any other president.

Here's some numbers for you...
    Percent of blacks in America.... 12.6%
    Percent of hispanics in America... 16.3%

Percent of gays in America... 3%

I didn't even include whites that are against gay marriage and you can already see my point.

Well you say marriage is a religious institution but it's not to many people who are allowed to get married. America is made up of different religions like Buddhists, Hindus, etc. and even Atheists who get married. The law has never required someone to be religious to get married.
    It doesn't matter. Obama is a slimeball, who done quite a lot to fuck up the auto industry. He should be gone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It doesn't matter. Obama is a slimeball, who done quite a lot to fuck up the auto industry. He should be gone.
    You strayed off the same sex marriage topic... That's all I was here for.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    .......fadsfasdfasdf
    Last edited by Ronith; 05-10-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Fine.

(you need an account to see links)

To be honest, nothing really suprises me anymore. What's next? A law that says pediphiles & convicted sex offenders can be Elementary School Teachers?

So, liberals want to pass a law that says it's ok for homos to get married in God's house.

What are these f*cking idiots doing besides trying to turn Christianity into their preferable "politically correct" religion? @(you need an account to see links)
    First, I can't believe you would ever cite fox news for anything, smh.
    Secondly, there is no gay marriage in Kansas so how would that work out.

What's the thing with conservatives? You guys always go from homosexuals to pedophiles. It really is a shame... Those remarks are why glbt kids are committing suicide left and right.

What would happen if you had a gay son or daughter? Honestly, would you not want him or her the chance to get married? I don't know how old you are but you are probably old enough to get married/have kids.
    Don't say that "my son/daughter will never turn out to be gay."

That's what Dick Cheney said, that's what Allen Keyes said, and that's what my dad said.

Just something to consider.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azn For This Useful Post:

Chi (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My goodness too much anger going back and forth here, skip the election altogether and come to Canada we do not care about anything here and as a result we are a peaceful peoples lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

robots (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Stephen Harper is against gay marriage, but he said he wouldn't make it illegal. I'm not conservative and happy that Canada is not following all the US decisions.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Um, @(you need an account to see links) , I already am in the south. More south than you haha!
    I hate living in the south. Everyone here is either a racist, homophobic dick or a elderly conservative prick.
    I want to be on the West coast!!

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    Um, @(you need an account to see links) , I already am in the south. More south than you haha!
    I hate living in the south. Everyone here is either a racist, homophobic dick or a elderly conservative prick.
    I want to be on the West coast!!
    Well okay then, try living in other south states then? I am not sure if North Carolina is considered southern.

Lol, how did I not know North Carolina was a southern state? *facepalm*