Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    When was it ever referenced as a universal guide O.o

About Obama, on my opinion.. You've got to get those votes somehow.

About gays getting married, I don't really care, go marry whoever you want to. On the other hand, I am a strong supporter of the "traditional" marriage. It's hard for me to express myself on this topic in English.

About the current world order.. Democracy just doesn't work, on my opinion. Not going to argue with anyone.

well you know how people thought earth was in the centre of the world / women were damned / the earth was flat / evolution was insane / same sex marriage was morally wrong ?
    that was all based on the bible ..

I agree with what you say about obama too. People are freaking out because he's the first president to acknowledge same sex marriage as a right, but i think sooner or later somebody would pull that card out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    457 times
    Time Online
    55d 22h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I was reading the article about it.

(you need an account to see links)

This was the quote that I though was incredibly stupid
    "Only 46 percent of voters realized that the amendment would ban civil unions for gay couples as well as marriage, according to a Public Policy Polling poll. A majority of North Carolina voters support civil unions."

How can you not know exactly what you're voting on?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn View Post
    Don't worry, I was sad too but Obama announcing that he supports gay marriage made my day
    Yeah, it's election time, he's gotta get all the votes that he can.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerandria View Post
    I was reading the article about it.

This was the quote that I though was incredibly stupid
    "Only 46 percent of voters realized that the amendment would ban civil unions for gay couples as well as marriage, according to a Public Policy Polling poll. A majority of North Carolina voters support civil unions."

How can you not know exactly what you're voting on?
    People just go with the flow. They desperately want to help the community somehow and follow the first idiot who tells them something they want to hear. "Oh, I somewhat agree with that, I'll just do what they want." I've seen enough people go along with Kony and whatever. Seriously, the more you know, the stupider you get. Don't think about things that have no influence on you. Yes, it might be wrong what they are doing, but please.. You sharing some vids, retweeting something, posting sh*t on your FB wall.. Who is that going to help? You aren't making an impact on the world, unless you get off your ass and actually go and do something. God damn slacktivists. "I share because I care."

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Don't worry, I was sad too but Obama announcing that he supports gay marriage made my day
    Only because its election time.

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif.

Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."

Before you vote, I hope you actually do research before voting (;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    Only because its election time.

Obama Says He Is Against Same-Sex Marriage But Also Against Ending Its Practice In Calif.

Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."

Before you vote, I hope you actually do research before voting (;
    That was in 2008
    Now that it's election time again, he is saying his thoughts on gay marriage had a "revolution", and now he is for gay marriage.
    This guy needs to go.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That was in 2008
    Now that it's election time again, he is saying his thoughts on gay marriage had a "revolution", and now he is for gay marriage.
    This guy needs to go.
    Yup, he should GTFO.

Doublespeak FTL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Sorry That's where you're wrong, buddy. @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

First of all, I would like to say that your views can change. This is why only 26% of people supported gay marriage in 96' but over 50% support it now. Anyways, Obama has always been in favor of civil unions, even in 08 when he was running. If you check the date of the article you posted, it's 2008. In 2010, Obama told people that his views were "evolving." There's many reasons why he said this, mainly because if he said he supported it, he would lose a lot of votes come election time. Plus, many of his staff in the White House are gay and that may have influenced him.

Do you honestly think that saying that him announcing that he supports gay marriage will give him more votes? The gays were already going to vote for him. Why? Because if Mitt Romney wins, then he will try to put in a federal constitution banning gay marriage, even in the states that already have it. The worse case scenario if Obama wins is that he keeps everything the same, meaning individual states decide. He can only lose votes by supporting same sex marriage. He will lose votes in many of the conservative swing states that have supported him in the past, like North Carolina for example.

The reason why he announced it was his buddy Joe Biden slipped up. Joe Biden announced a few days ago that he was in favor of same sex marriage. This put pressure on Obama to get off of his "evolution" stance and to decide. It has nothing to do with elections because if you ask political analysis, this is actually a poor decision on his part since he might be losing a lot of the conservative Hispanic votes. It would have been better to wait for a victory in November and then announce it when he has safely secured his 2nd term.

"Before you vote, I hope you actually do research before voting (; "

Don't take offense, I volunteer for the Obama campaign a few times a month so I'm pretty hyper about this stuff. Sorry if I got carried away.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That was in 2008
    This guy needs to go.
    Not a fan of Obama, I see...He said he was evolving in 2010 when he was asked about it. He's only speaking cause Joe Biden came out in support out of it. He's losing votes by doing this, I hope you understand.
    Last edited by Azn; 05-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sorry That's where you're wrong, buddy. @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

First of all, I would like to say that your views can change. This is why only 26% of people supported gay marriage in 96' but over 50% support it now. Anyways, Obama has always been in favor of civil unions, even in 08 when he was running. If you check the date of the article you posted, it's 2008. In 2010, Obama told people that his views were "evolving." There's many reasons why he said this, mainly because if he said he supported it, he would lose a lot of votes come election time. Plus, many of his staff in the White House are gay and that may have influenced him.

Do you honestly think that saying that him announcing that he supports gay marriage will give him more votes? The gays were already going to vote for him. Why? Because if Mitt Romney wins, then he will try to put in a federal constitution banning gay marriage, even in the states that already have it. The worse case scenario if Obama wins is that he keeps everything the same, meaning individual states decide. He can only lose votes by supporting same sex marriage. He will lose votes in many of the conservative swing states that have supported him in the past, like North Carolina for example.

The reason why he announced it was his buddy Joe Biden slipped up. Joe Biden announced a few days ago that he was in favor of same sex marriage. This put pressure on Obama to get off of his "evolution" stance and to decide. It has nothing to do with elections because if you ask political analysis, this is actually a poor decision on his poor since he might be losing a lot of the conservative Hispanic votes. It would have been better to wait for a victory in November and then announce it when he has safely secured his 2nd term.

"Before you vote, I hope you actually do research before voting (; "

Don't take offense, I volunteer for the Obama campaign a few times a month so I'm pretty hyper about this stuff. Sorry if I got carried away.
    Funny, he changes his stance when election time is drawing. I find it so very hard to believe he changed his stance after only a few years....its only for the votes. Ironically, the group that accepts gays the least? Black males.

Obama's Inauguration___________What we have now
    AAA Credit Rating

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You didn't answer my question. What votes does he have to gain by coming out in support of this?

Repealing of Don't Ask Don't Tell, Prop 8 Opponent, Trying to repeal DOMA, Denouncing Amendment 1... None of these things clued you in that he was in support of gay marriage? I find that surprising...

Also what other issues have he flipped on recently... since it's close to election time?