192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Neopets Premium Updates

(Info is from JellyNeo. This was posted by Snarkie on the premium neoboards. Images are in spoilers)

A few of us thought you might like to see it and the Premium team was all "go for it" because they're rad.

It's not really a notification bar, honestly. It's, like, notifications mixed with a toolbar, mixed with Portal? Something like that. Might be hard to envision it without being able to use it, but hopefully it's still interesting to see.

Oh, and if we're wrong and you don't want to see it, you can totally ignore this post. If we're right, we gladly accept candy and small marsupials as bribes for future sneak peeks.

Full Bar

So, it sits at the bottom of every page with access to your Premium stuff. (You can turn it off.) On the right: Space Faerie Scratchcard, Premium Collectible Cards, Premium Boards, and the Help Centre.

SSW

He can be used without leaving the page, which I find pretty handy.

Dailies

I know a lot of folks were worried about this going away with Portal. It's just moving here instead.

Some More Info
    I'm heading home! Let me try to answer everyone before I go:

- The Scorchio icon is a 5th Neopet reminder thingy. If you have a 5th, it goes away. (I think it also goes away if you don't create a 5th after a while, for people who don't want it so they don't have to stare at it all the time? I forget how it works. More will be explained when it launches, I'm sure!)

- My 5th Neopet is not on my user lookup because new Premium isn't launched yet. In our development environment, he's totally there with the rest of my Neopets hanging out. All your Neopets will show up. You don't choose four out of the five.

- You reload SSW results by clicking 'resubmit'. If you hit the reload button in the browser, it reloads the entire page (and resets SSW).

- SSW results don't carry over from page to page. If you have one window open and are SSWing in that bar, it won't show up in your other window.

- I believe they're looking at everything /Neopian/ from Portal that doesn't have a new home yet. I don't know if anything specific is planned right now, but I do know they're researching it all.

I think that's it? I hope I got everything! I apologise if I missed you. I blame Sleepy Eye Syndrome.

Good night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think? Does anyone here even use premium? I used it for a while just for the SSW. I might try to get it again for a little while just to check it out. Free trials never hurt, right?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    8h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Pretty sure I'm going to try it for the 5th pet and SSW only, they're going to have a $25 4 month special which isn't bad. My only question is what happens to your 5th pet if you cancel? I'm /guessing/ it's gonna be like the Premium avatar/sidebar, as long as its in use, you get to keep it, but otherwise, poof. Just my opinion though.
    L A U R E N
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever." ~ Gandhi

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I might want to give it a go again, but just like Lauren, I'm curious what would happen if I cancelled or something. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    just make sure your 5th slot isn't your best pet? idk
    didn't know about 4 months/$25. might do that