15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

B-day cracking with proxies.

So I was reading (you need an account to see links) and I thought I'd clarify how to use proxies to circumvent this IP banning conondrum.

The birthday cracker can be found here: (you need an account to see links)

According to this post (I don't play NP so I can't vouch for accuracy) you become IP banned around 2 months of sending B-days:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soredavide View Post
    Let me know if you find a way around the IP ban, it seems to last 20 minutes. I can send about 2 months of tries and then the ban happens. I can continue using a proxy, just not really viable to embed an always working proxy (considering they get refreshed and blocked).
    The time it takes to send 2 months of requests is subjective to your personal connection speed, so time it and get a general figure.

Next get a proxy to use.

Some reputable proxy sources can be found here:
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Use CoDeeN proxies (filter them via the HMA link) if possible, as they are the most reliable.

Afterward, follow these instructions to force Java to send HTTP requests through a Proxy:

To access the Java settings on Mac OS X, run the following command:
    /Applications/Utilities/Java\ Preferences.app/Contents/MacOS/Java\ Preferences
    On OS X Lion, it's under “Application” –> “Utilities”.

If you're running Linux I'm assuming you know what you're doing.

Now just repeat these steps with a separate proxy every time 2 months worth of B-days are sent until you find a match.

I'd like to add that the speed is variable to the chosen proxy, and if possible, it would be better to invest in a VPN that allows IP rotation for these types of things.
    Last edited by Tom; 05-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

Cody. (05-19-2012),Evelsaint (05-09-2012),goodieboy (05-10-2012),Sci_Girl (05-09-2012),Slasher (05-09-2012),zxzero (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for this, I was asking myself how to put a proxy on the BD cracker now that we could get banned faster.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    So this allows the selected proxy (say from Hidemyass) to only work through Java and hence the proxy is only used when the Birthday Cracker is used? Or does this change your regular computer IP to that said selected proxy and as a result anything you do on the internet is now connected to that proxy? I only ask because I know nothing about IP addresses and stuff so I am curious to know if putting the proxy information into the Java control panel will mess up my already existent computer IP address-and hence possibly cause problems with anything I do on the internet.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    So this allows the selected proxy (say from Hidemyass) to only work through Java and hence the proxy is only used when the Birthday Cracker is used? Or does this change your regular computer IP to that said selected proxy and as a result anything you do on the internet is now connected to that proxy? I only ask because I know nothing about IP addresses and stuff so I am curious to know if putting the proxy information into the Java control panel will mess up my already existent computer IP address-and hence possibly cause problems with anything I do on the internet.
    Only Java will use the proxy's connection, so if you play any games that utilize Java e.g. Runescape or Minecraft then it would be best to disable this option. This does not effect other programs such as your web browser. Use this only to prevent exposing your IP through the birthday cracker

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Wow! Thanks so much. I was using a VPN to do it since the CSS is messed up on my regular connection and it won't crack bdays. This will help out so much.