Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    seriously dudette, you're lucky they didn't press charges on you, that's identity theft, and fraud, both of which in most states are felonies, which means butt pounding prison time.

look at it like this, if you have the money to get what you want, then do it, if you don't have the money, then go without, it'll teach ya to work harder, and try different ways to gain money(legally), that's how i live my life nowadays, but i'm also not hard up for money either, i earn a good amount for what i do, and how much i need to spend each month is fairly low
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think this is something serious that you'd really need to talk w/ your parents... This is considered fraud right? or stealing?

edit:

Oops, glad you talked it w/ your mom and you really are lucky. I'd probably get hit a hundred times over it. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by J_L_K_64 View Post
    seriously dudette, you're lucky they didn't press charges on you, that's identity theft, and fraud, both of which in most states are felonies, which means butt pounding prison time.

look at it like this, if you have the money to get what you want, then do it, if you don't have the money, then go without, it'll teach ya to work harder, and try different ways to gain money(legally), that's how i live my life nowadays, but i'm also not hard up for money either, i earn a good amount for what i do, and how much i need to spend each month is fairly low
    Whoa, those first words took me by surprise. Dudette is not a common nickname that I hear around here. You know, I just kind of thought, "Hey, other kids use their parents credit cards to buy things. I'm just doing it for food." But I guess there's a difference between parents that actually like you and give a shit, and parents who don't. Anyways, I don't think my dad actually knew it was me making those charges. When I talked to my mom, she said he just thought it was some erroneous monthly recurring charge. I guess that saved my ass. I was only ordering food once a month right after paying the rent which usually flattened my ass.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bc.m View Post
    Oops, glad you talked it w/ your mom and you really are lucky. I'd probably get hit a hundred times over it. :/
    Yikes! That doesn't sound pleasant. Living on my own 700 miles away does have its perks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    First you say "money is though sometimes" and then you go out and order $200 worth of food? Seriously? I eat that much worth in a month, but I could even do better. You can't go on a spending spree if you don't have the money to spend. As Jaye said first, this is actually stealing. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get in trouble with your parents, not to mention the hairy arm of the law. Stealing from your dad you don't get along with? You better hope he wont find out your mom helped you out. Take some time and think about what you did.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links)

paying the internet bill is one of his highest priorities :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    First you say "money is though sometimes" and then you go out and order $200 worth of food? Seriously? I eat that much worth in a month, but I could even do better. You can't go on a spending spree if you don't have the money to spend. As Jaye said first, this is actually stealing. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get in trouble with your parents, not to mention the hairy arm of the law. Stealing from your dad you don't get along with? You better hope he wont find out your mom helped you out. Take some time and think about what you did.
    No, not $200 all at once. It was spread out over 4 months. And I would order enough food each time to eat for a week. Orange chicken freezes really well apparently.

Anyways, like I said, you guys are helping to drum into my head that this actually is stealing. I was always able to justify to myself in my head that "it's my parents." But it was a bad habit I should have stopped a lot sooner.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Well, since you moved away from home, don't get along with your dad, don't speak much with your mom AND have a part time job..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    Well, since you moved away from home, don't get along with your dad, don't speak much with your mom AND have a part time job..
    Mom and I get along. My mom and I squabble, but it's not a hostile relationship. It's just she only finds time to call me when dad's not around. Yes, he hates me that much, that he doesn't allow my mother or brother to talk to me. Spending dad's money just seemed like a good way to get him back, since the size of his bank account's the only thing that matters to him. Yeah, I know, stupid revenge plan.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Those kids that use the credits cards that are in their parent's names are given permission to, and typically if the child has taken the credit card without them knowing they get yelled at since it is stealing. If the card was not considered a gift, cannot make enough money in the first place to buy the food on your own, and never initially discussed using the credit card then it is spending money without their knowledge behind their back...stealing. It is the same thing as walking up to one of your parent's wallets and taking the money from there, stealing. I am glad you do not want to do it again though, at least you learned because others would not care at all.