13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Need Some Advice

Hey guys! So, I kinda need some brainstorming help/advice.

I'm no longer living at home with my parents and techincally no longer financially dependent on them. But I'm working parttime and money is kind of tough sometimes, so I occassionally use my parents credit card to buy some restaurant delivered food. My parents don't know I do this. Our relationship isn't great, so this is kind of a minor getting back at my parents thing too.

So, yesterday, I find out that my dad disputed 4 of the charges made this year from one of the restaurants I order from. The restaurant owner called me and asked me why I disputed the charges. Thank goodness I'm one of his regular customers and I always tip well, so he wasn't pissed off when we talked. I kind of lied and told him that my credit card had been stolen, so I called the company to cancel the card. Then in all the confusion, they probably thought that the 4 charges to his restaurant were fradulent charges too. The restaurant owner said, "Okay, no problem. Just call the credit card company and get them to reverse the transactions again."

So, here's the problem. I kinda can't do that since it's not my card. And I can't go to my parents and get them to reverse the transactions either. I want the restaurant owner to get his money. It's about $200.00 in charges that he's lost. I'm willing to just pay him myself, but I don't know what to tell him. Obviously, I'm not going to tell him the whole story of what's going on. It's just fishy to go to him with cash and say, "Hey, I know you told me to tell the credit card company to reverse the transactions, but here's the money in cash instead."

Help? Brainstorm? How the fuck do I get myself in these messes?!?! Anyone wanna trade parents?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Anyone?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    116/0
    Mentioned
    204 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Um, that is kind of serious.

1. Don't use your parents credit card again. Shit will happen.
    2. Tell your parents you used it.
    3. Go from there.

I don't have a credit card for this very reason.

Ana's slave <3
    woman i am no ones bitch. </3 ^

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody. For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (05-08-2012),zxzero (05-12-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think you do need to tell your parents about the CC. But, then again, I don't know the specifics of your relationship. I'd only hope that they would be willing to forgive you (and maybe even help you out money-wise), but I know that doesn't always happen.
    If you continue to use it without their knowledge and they find out by other means, you could be in some deep shit.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (05-08-2012),zxzero (05-12-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    1) This was a lame idea to begin with (no offense)
    2) You HAVE to tell your parents. You dug yourself the hole. You need to climb back out

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solgaleo For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (05-08-2012),Kristin (05-07-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, I know this was a bad thing to do. It started out as an immature, "Heehee, look, I'm gonna use my parent's credit card to buy stuff." Didn't snowball from there, but I guess I got comfortable when no consequences occurred. Trust me, I won't be doing this again.

I can talk to my mom. She and I are on good terms, and she knows about me being broke. But she's a battered wife, so she can't really do anything to help me out here. My dad controls their finances. And extrapolating from the last two statements, you guys can guess why I'm not speaking to my dad. That's where I'm stuck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    you shouldve bought a gift card or something and went grocery shopping instead of buying take out lol ( i stopped bc its so expensive with 6 people in my house) but idk what to say really if your dad hits ur mom, bc he might take it out on her or something. the only other thing i can think of is to not them them it was you, if you havent already, and dont answer the phone if the owner calls back... idk. iv never done this before. or maybe even just going to your mom/dad and giving them the 200 and explain what happened, you were hungry and had nothing. you know? sorry im not much help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The best thing to do is come clean. Lies lead to more lies lead to more lies...it's just a bigger hole your digging for yourself and its best to just go to the restaurant, tell the guy the issue, and pay him the money and don't do it again.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sneakz For This Useful Post:

Emiley (05-08-2012),J_L_K_64 (05-08-2012),zxzero (05-12-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    well would your mom be able to explain it to your dad?

you have to tell them.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, I went to the restaurant and gave the owner the amount back in cash. He was happy. He was just worried about losing revenue, so he didn't really care how he got the lost money back.

I told my mom what was going on because she's my sounding board against my dad. She told me that he's definitely not going to get the transactions reversed, which was why I just went to the restaurant directly. Her attitude towards telling my dad was kind of like, "Let sleeping dogs lie." So, since he hasn't raised hell over this issue, we're just going to let it go.

He canceled the card I had anyways, so now there will be no more temptation to spend their money. Yeah, won't be doing this again.

Thanks guys for your input and advice. Made me realize that this was a childish habit that had been going on for way too long. I kind of didn't realize how serious this was until this all happened.