Thread: [Guide] All you need to know about Kadding.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m

[Guide] All you need to know about Kadding.

TELL ME ABOUT IT?
    You can get to the Kadoatery by going to Neopia Central and then to the Plaza. The Kadoatery is there right next to the Wishing Well. Every so often they go hungry and require a certain food to feed them and thats where we come in. The main point in feeding for most people is to aim for the avatar/trophies, you get a bronze trophy for just feeding ONE, so no excuses, lets knuckle down and discuss the trophies.

(Bronze Kad trophy)- For feeding 1-9 Kads.
    (Silver Kad trophy)- For feeding 10-24 Kads.
    (Gold Trophy)- For feeding 25+ Kads
    (Kad Avatar)- For Feeding 75 Kads.

At all times, there is 20 Kads for us to feed, however; Most of the time you will see that all of them have already been fed by another Neo user, this is most likely because the Kad was wanting a cheap low cost item, so at restock time, somebody has fed it. In order to feed Kads for reasonable prices, you must look for refresh times. The best way to know when the feeds will refresh is by heading to the Games Board within the Neoboards. There is always a topic that is ran 24/7 so should always be on the first page. The refresh times are mentioned constantly on this topic and should keep you right. For anyone who is not familiar with the Kad boards, there is several terms that you may not understand, below I have listed the most common abbreviations;
    Rs: This means restock, it will be referring to either the main or mini.
    Main: This is the time when most of the Kadoaties ask for new food.
    Mini: This is the time when only a few of the Kadoaties ask for new food.
    Ub: This means the item that the Kad wants is not available in shops, therefore deeming it unbuyable.
    Overfeeder: Someone who fed 76+ Kadoaties. Since the avatar is gained at 75 Feeds, some people may get irked if you feed more, some feeders have over 2000 kads fed.

DIFFERENT METHODS OF FEEDING
    There are three main methods of feeding which I will list below;
    �Inventory Feeding
    Most feeders I know use Inventory feeding, this is also considered the easiest. It simply means having the item in your inventory and feeding the Kad directly.The hard part is picking what items you want to feed, It is common for people to have a certain group of food items as it's easier to remember, However, if you have a good memory, I would personally recommend a random inventory; an inventory with several different common foods for the Kads. A list of all the common Kad foods can be found below;
    (you need an account to see links)
    �Safety Deposit Feeding
    This is similar to inventory feeding, except the item is kept in your Safety Deposit Box which allows you to stock up on as many common foods as you want. Once you see a refresh, simply put half of items name into the SDB search and remove it and feed it to the Kad. This is definitely my preferred method as you can fill your Safety Deposit box with cheap yet common foods and still get the Kad fed.
    �Shop Wizard Feeding
    This is commonly mistaking as the cheapest method since you are only buying the item that is needed, however, it takes a lot more time and you can often miss the feed, which deems the item you just bought to be a waste. Make sure you have the shop wizard already open before the main/mini refresh, paste the item the Kad asks for and buy it. You will not have time to choose the cheapest item, so click the first that appears; Obviously having Super Shop Wizard will help in this situation.

HINTS AND TIPS
    �Never exceed 50 items in your inventory, it may cause a lag and if you go over 50 items, it can sometimes to considered cheating when it comes to Kad Feeding.
    �If you are feeding through the Shop Wizard method, have the wizard already open and make sure "Identical to this phrase" is checked, this will make sure you get the item that you are looking for first time.
    �Zooming your web page right out will allow you to see what EVERY kad wants and takes away the overwhelming factor away from it.

BEST TIMES TO FEED
    This is one of the questions I get asked the most, and I don't think I have a set answer as for me it changes day by day. Here are some things that I have learned regarding times;
    �Weekends seem a lot busier, at all times of the day. Maybe this is because people are not always at school/work and have more leisure time. Don't let it put you off though, as always, if you try you can feed!
    �I feed from around 2am NST-5 NST and usually achieve at least 2 feeds, more experienced feeders will achieve a feed during every refresh.
    �Don't panic or become stressed, you will make mistakes this way. Relax.
    �Don't have any distractions open close to a refresh, make sure the neccasery pages are the only ones that are open.

So there you have it, everything you need to know about Kad Feeding, practise practise practise.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elmo For This Useful Post:

Air (04-12-2014),Andymac106 (04-06-2014),Jager (04-06-2014),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Maki (04-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    awesome guide!! ^_^
    do they still refresh 20 seconds after the minute?
    (i stopped feeding when the times went weird a few months back, so i don't know if that got affected xD)
    if so, you might want to mention that? ^_^

i know i missed a lot of mains when i first started because i'd refresh right on the minute, think it hadn't gone, and then wait, only to refresh to find that it HAD gone, i just refreshed too early xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I usually just keep an eye for refresh times on the board I mostly use an auto feeder myself because I'm lazy but if I ever feed for people thats what I do