175/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    49d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

{Guide} Frozen Account Recovery

Hello everyone!! The name is Cory and this is my first guide I am attempting so please bare with the boringness and all the blahh

The Problem

So one day you are enjoying yourself on neopets and you hit this screen or you want to from this day on avoid seeing this screen permanently:
    (you need an account to see links)
    I know my heart normally drops and I start to think I'm doomed as TNT has terrible customer service and I could wait days for a reply. But don't fret follow this guide and I'm sure your chances of getting a quicker POSITIVE response will increase.

Key Information

Maybe you have never been frozen before. GOOD try to keep it that way. BUT this guide will definitely help if you ever befall an "accident." First thing you want to do on your UNFROZEN account is to go to the support page via the Help page at the bottom of neopets.
    (you need an account to see links)
    After finding that link you will then find the link saying request support and then submit a ticket. Find where it says Frozen Accounts in the Issue Type section. Now here is where you really need to be specific. Read each input selection carefully.

Recording Down Your Information

First I suggest making a folder such as I did on your desktop to keep all your information you collect.
    Step One
    First option is whether you are premium or not. If you are, GREAT, you will get a very quick response as TNT whether they might not seem it at times will ALWAYS help premium members quicker if your reasoning for being frozen wasn't a blatantly obvious reason to be frozen. Be sure when signing up for Premium to print and save a file of ALL your information when signing up. If I recall correctly they send you a confirmation page for your records. Save that and put it in your folder.

Next along with premium is your NC purchases. TNT also responds back to accounts on NC purchases. I always make sure to buy at least $5 worth of NC just to make sure I have that as extra information to get my account back. If you are unable to purchase NC or it is unavailable in your area, find a trustworthy person on these forums or such to possibly buy $5 NC on your account for you with money you give them or items or other form of payments. Remember paying customers are key to Neopets now that it has been bought out by Viacom.

Step Two
    When either creating or obtaining an account don't just change all the information on it right away. File away the current password and e-mail. Hopefully the e-mail the account is currently on when obtained is the e-mail in which the account was originally created on. I've found that if you have FLAWLESS details given on the ticket but NOT the original e-mail they will ask you for it. If you can't supply most times they will cancel ticket and claim they can't help you. I suggest on older accounts that you forgot old e-mail that account was created on. Also Every week or so I'll change password for a month straight giving you 4 different previously used passwords. When you do this make sure you do it on the same IP if you can as it makes it look more believable that YOU changed the password yourself.

Step 3
    Most of you already have this done on your notes for account log in anyways, but be sure to put down the CORRECT birthday down. I say correct because many times have people tried sending in tickets with the birthday they thought was correct only to realize they mis-typed a number or the birthday was written down in a different format such as Day-Month-Year. Also along with this is if you are active and meet new people be sure to write down ALL neofriends. Keep them on your list EVEN if you remove them for being frozen or the lack of contact with them and be sure you mark in your info that they were removed which makes your information even better knowing deleted neofriends.

Step 4
    Rare item codes and warning are GREATLY helpful and rank highly up there with the premium and NC purchases. This is information that usually only the OWNER of the account would know. Be sure to copy and paste or screenshot the warning neomail from neopets and then DELETE the neomail after being POSITIVE you saved it. I see delete it because if your account is compromised they could see that email and have additional dangerous material to recover your account. Rare item codes should also be noted in a list in your folder as well such as TCG codes, key quest, puzzle adventure, and anything else you receive prize codes from.

Step 5
    Next you will want to supply all pet activity in and out of your account. Any pet you create, disown, transfer, receive, adopt and so on should ALL be recorded down. I suggest and I do this myself, is to create a pet yourself let it sit on your account until your able to disown them and then disown it. This will give you extra support. If you have a pet that has sat on your account for ages that you don't mind losing, try disowning it instead as it has more life in your account and will look more legit. Feel free to transfer pets to sides as well if you are nervous that you could be frozen.

Step 6
    Possibly one of the least useful sections but nevertheless use it. You are asked for any items int your closet or equipped to pets. Common items are normal on most pets so only really make note of RARE sought after items such as NC items in closet or High rarity items equipped to pets such as HT items. Feel free to list as many items whether worthless or not as you are allowed up to 64,000 characters.

Final Step
    The final step can greatly help your cause if you know what to put. I'm going to list SEVERAL things you should put in your notes and folder to up your recovery chances and which TNT will definitely appreciate. If you have a folder in your neo inbox be sure to regularly save it as a file into your recovery folder as those neomails TRULY do help your cause as most people never keep neomails. I usually keep only a folder of things TNT sends such as auctions, gifts, alerts and so on.

Next record down any trade lot numbers/auction lot numbers and what was traded/bought/sold and the amounts for what they were sold and by who they were with. This helps as only the person who did these would know and TNT CAN check their database for those numbers and verify that those were valid transactions. As I'm sure you may have noticed by now, these two things are GREAT ways to have firm content in your ticket as these are unique and only you shall know the info.

There are two last things I usually use on my tickets. First is be sure to record ALL stocks you own, how much of each you possess and what you paid for them altogether. Not many people when scamming or buying accounts never check stocks as they look for quick easy cash and forget about the easy money stocks make. The last thing I would be sure to note down is any items in your safety deposit box ( SDB ) that are high value such as once again Hidden Tower items and retired(r180) items. These are also very helpful as TNT can check your account and verify that you owned these.

Conclusion

Following these steps very carefully and noting down as much information as you possibly can will always get you a faster reply and better chance at getting your accounts returned. Who would you rather give support to if you were TNT, a person who fills in two or three sections or gives detailed information for each and every section? Thank you for reading this guide and I appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. This is my first guide I've EVER made and I tried not to be to boring but there really isn't nothing to great about this topic besides getting back your account Thanks again everyone and feel free to PM with some content you could help me add and so on!!
    check my guide to increasing chances of being unfrozen.!! (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to yellowbomb04 For This Useful Post:

Adam (09-04-2012),Ana (04-30-2012),Babybumble (04-30-2012),Bettser (04-30-2012),Entropia (09-04-2012),firefly (08-24-2012),foggyskies (08-16-2016),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-02-2020),Jager (09-03-2012),Kantu (05-04-2012),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Matt~ (09-09-2012),metaldroga (09-13-2012),Mike (04-30-2012),musemfire (08-28-2012),Narkotiq (04-30-2012),omg.UFOs (08-01-2018),Reese (09-03-2012),Ronith (04-30-2012),Ryan~ (04-30-2012),Snow (10-22-2012),trix (04-30-2012),Vinko (04-30-2012),zxzero (04-30-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a really excellent guide +rep

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    175/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    49d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thank you Was it easy to read and such?
    check my guide to increasing chances of being unfrozen.!! (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbomb04 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Thank you Was it easy to read and such?
    Yep! The font was nice and easy to read and it was well-sectioned, seriously useful guide for lots of us

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    175/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    49d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks a lot. I've been looking for a first guide but it seemed everything I was knowledgeable on was done already so I found this. It personally has saved me several accounts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) Out of interest, illegit or legit accounts that have been frozen?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Also - you're welcome

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    175/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    49d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) to be honest both. Usually all I've been ever been frozen for is for suspicious activity on the account which is the EASIEST besides a self-ice to get your account back.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbomb04 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) to be honest both. Usually all I've been ever been frozen for is for suspicious activity on the account which is the EASIEST besides a self-ice to get your account back.
    Thank you :3 This gives me hope for my account

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    175/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    49d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) no problem. Just follow those steps and like I said if the funds are available spend some $$ here and there on legit NC and that greatly will help. I usually ALWAYS buy NC on accounts I don't want to lose.