DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    3d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    As much as I do hope for some rare expensive items which I probably can never get otherwise, I also do pity the hardworking players who just spent millions-billions of NP the previous day (before the new announcement) to buy those items. It is definitely not a great feeling to spend the time to accumulate that much NP to buy said items, only to realize that you can probably get it via the daily quest or from the market at a significantly cheaper price the next day.

All I can say, the daily quest prizes are just a double edged sword to most players but it does favour newer players. If this move does rejuvenate the game by introducing and retaining newer players, then arguably it is a necessary evil. However if it doesn't (which is most likely the case), I would say it will hurt the game in the long run like how some people have described here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to darkvger For This Useful Post:

Ice (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    67d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hypothetical scenario:

Imagine you grinded like a mad mfker last year for an entire month for the Altador Cup. You managed to snag Thundersticks. Their rise in price from 50m at that time to 300+m now excites you.
    Suddenly, they are buyable on SW because TNT added them into the weekly prize pool.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Bowsette (1 Week Ago),Ice (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    33d 4h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Well I sure went on a journey reading this thread and thinking Starry Bedroom Canopy would become available only to find it's been removed - I guess I understand removing current merch code items but weh, I want one but not enough to pay 50 mil.

This has been an interesting thread to read through! I've been on a journey with trading this year - I've never been especially rich on Neo as pets > nps to me, but this year I won two very valuable items from the faerie festival.

The first was around 700m before the faerie festival and I sold it for around 350m not long after the festival - so a big deflation but it was overly inflated before and only lost about half its value. Then the same item was released for another site event and it is now worth around 1 mil so I was VERY pleased to have sold fast.

The other item I won was around 800m before the faerie festival, but had been quite inflated, and dropped to around 200m after. I held onto mine assuming prices would go up quickly as it's a consumable. They did, but then the weekly quests were introduced, and even though this item wasn't a quest prize, it became MUCH harder to sell as people were waiting it out to see if it would be added in future. The item still hasn't been added and I finally managed to sell it for a good price of a few hundred mil fairly recently. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't become a future quest prize.

The quests very existence has made ultra expensive items much harder to sell, and my recommendation is to sell off any 100 mil + items as anything in that price range, especially collectibles and petpets, is likely to be released in future.

In general I like being able to get some of the things I've always wanted and haven't been able to achieve and I DO think that plot prizes from more than a decade ago are prime items for re-release. The marafin has been at 1.5 billion for ages and it's already at 1.5 mil after a week in the quest pool. As it's been a dream forever I can't not be happy about it. I also know there are hundreds of genned marafin in existence and I guess I'm not too bothered by people losing their genned spoils when they could have sold them for a hundred mil each and still made massive profits.

But at the same time I completely understand that it's rough losing the value of a rare item, especially if you're not an elite player who has a ton of them. The two faerie festival items I won were the most expensive things I have ever owned on this site and I was simultaneously delighted to have won them for free and worried they'd go into the quest log before I had a chance to actually sell them.

Items becoming common also dulls a lot of people's interest in them. I'm going to love the marafin no matter what, just like I love my pets meowclops that has been attached for decades, back when I had to save up for years to get it.

But I can certainly admit that some things becoming common makes me lose interest. I still have my personal UC pets, but I don't have any interest in buying the tokens and getting more UCs, or collecting UCs the way I used to, and I can admit that having a pet that was a bit more unique or unusual was more interesting to me. I'm sure a lot of people will feel like that about some items.

I think my personal feeling is that the quest logs probably aren't the best way to rerelease ultra rare/expensive items - something like the faerie festival which releases more limited numbers in return for at least a bit of work - seemed like a good way to do it, and a way that would gradually continue to deflate things without fully crashing them. It was a slightly gentler approach.

For things like rare old plot prizes (even my precious marafin) doing something like adding them to the AC Cup prize pool, or the prize pool for the upcoming plot feels to me like it might have been a better idea. They should be rereleased but there's nothing wrong with it requiring some work to get.

I probably feel more for people who aren't very rich but have saved up for a few special items in the 10-50 mil price range, which then get released. That 'loss' will feel much bigger to them.

Which isn't to say I don't understand the frustration of the neo billionaires who are taking the biggest losses - but for people who do already have billions in the bank there are still ways to be clever and to profit, it just takes more work now. But buying up hundreds of quest pool items will eventually lead to huge profits for those who can afford to do so, for example, and those players are clever and experienced enough to know how to use the system to their advantage.

The game is changing and it's going to mean doing things in different ways. There are plenty of things I've been personally a bit sad about (losing og UC's when NC pets were released) but I can see and appreciate other people's pleasure - and finally getting my marafin is my own personal reward. It all keeps us on our toes I guess!

The thing I definitely agree with is that it's stupid to be releasing AC Cup prizes from within the last 5 years. Those things require a ridiculous effort to win and people should expect it to be worthwhile.

But on that note... I don't *think* they're likely to rerelease them but... should I sell my thundersticks...?
    Last edited by birdies; 1 Week Ago at 08:47 AM.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Aero (1 Week Ago),♥ Blissey ♥ (1 Week Ago),charmed (1 Week Ago),DarkSkies (1 Week Ago),Delibird (1 Week Ago),Erik. (1 Week Ago),Ice (1 Week Ago),John Cena (1 Week Ago),kittyray (1 Week Ago),nousha (1 Week Ago),pikapika (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    250d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 25m
    Can my daily quests stop spamming me with dung snufflys please? Thank you.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Charmander (1 Week Ago),Lyrichord (1 Week Ago),Teakwood (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    24d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Well i got Battle Slices and Flaming Evil Coconut on my sides

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charmed For This Useful Post:

Charmander (1 Week Ago),Delibird (1 Week Ago),kranguli (1 Week Ago),Lyrichord (1 Week Ago),nousha (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫ðŸ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    159d 4h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    OOOOH so lucky! I have been refreshing each day. Right now I did get a magical pea chia pop on a side....I have no idea what those go through but I think i'll do that one on a side and hope for battle slices and flaming coconut on my others.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Delibird (1 Week Ago)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Bowsette (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    47d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    PSA: Watch out for the Maractite Dimensional Trap, it's a 20 icon bomb which makes it almost as good as Varia is the Bomb. But this also has a 50% chance of freezing. You're probably going to want this for the plot war.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Aero (1 Week Ago),DarkSkies (1 Week Ago),Delibird (1 Week Ago),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (1 Week Ago),Meepit (1 Week Ago),♥ Rattata ♥ (1 Week Ago),Totodile (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫ðŸ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    159d 4h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I was lucky enough to get a marafin on one account! Now I to wait and see how much a Flaming Evil Coconut drops. I could buy now but I feel they cam drop more. Some are 15 mil in auctions. Or do I just buy now?

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    17d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Eas lucky enough to get a marafin on one account! Now I to wait and see how much a Flaming Evil Coconut drops. I could buy now but I feel they cam drop more. Some are 15 mil in auctions. Or do I just buy now?
    I feel they can drop more, I got one for cheaper than that already.

so good to see this and battle slices dropping now I can finally get some avs aw yeah. Hope they do the same for several other albums I got my eyes on

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Charmander (1 Week Ago),nousha (1 Week Ago)