30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    I'm just curious. What would you say your grind was to get what you currently have?

Did you spend countless hours restocking and reselling to get what you have? Or did you luck into breaking into accounts that just so happened to have high valued items in it that you were able to trade around.

Your argument is that things are being handed to people, yet you've had the same thing done to yourself. Yeah, you probably bought the hash lists, data leaks and what not. But you didn't have to grind to get those items/pets/nc items.

Are you more mad that your "investments" are now "worthless" to you as you cannot sell them to make a quick buck?
    Everything takes time. Finding accounts and different targets doesn’t happen at the flip of a switch. It does take countless hours to accumulate stock. Maybe I went about it in a manner that most don’t, but it was not easy and I’ve probably put more time into the game than many many people, unfortunately.

I do have my own accounts that I play on, buy/sell/trade and build up into nice accounts. For those purposes I loved the re-restock of the cove items as it let me complete collections from people luckier than I at the cove. That was done in a smart way, not mass releasing and killing value though.

In reality, I don’t really do much selling now a days compared to years past, and I don’t rely on money from neo sales for any aspect of my life. So am I upset that what I have has had the value absolutely obliterated in some cases? Absolutely. Am I mad about that entirely? Nahhh.

I can see how somebody would make the argument what I have was “handed to me” but for anybody who has done what I’ve done knows - it’s not a cake walk and sunshine and rainbows. 20% luck, 30% skill, 50% grind and hours spent poking through and putting the time in. Everyone’s grind is different. Maybe I didn’t sit in a shop and restock for hours but I spent hours in other ways with the game. One could easily make the point that the “black market” way of doing things has assisted in keeping the site active and interesting for many years too. I see the point you’re trying to make and it’s valid, but not entirely accurate.

I am mad a lot of stuff has been rendered worthless but I’m also a little mad at how TNT is doing it and how it will change the game. Nobody will be buying anything with any confidence. Why would they when that thing they buy could be reduced to a buyable on a whim? I don’t know if this decision is a good long term decision and I think it’s silly to make the argument that everyone should be able to afford everything. In the end, I’m not TNT and my opinion is in the minority- mostly because I have achieved all my “neo goals” at one time or another. It’s nice for other people to be able to achieve the same but a can of worms has been opened. What high end stamps, weapons, etc will be mass released next? Will that just continue until there aren’t any valuables and the game is just a free for all eith junk nobody wants to buy because everyone else has it too? Who knows man, who knows.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Buizel (2 Weeks Ago),Ice (2 Weeks Ago)