Thread: How to recover deleted data from a usb??

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

How to recover deleted data from a usb??

Hello!
    I have a usb that has some VERY IMPORTANT/beneficial to me information that has since been deleted on it. Like, deleted in 2017.
    I installed the free trial of EaseUS and it has miraculously found the data. But I cannot figure out how to recover it???

Although this information is important to me, it's a bit of a tricky situation. It's not necessarily $60usd (converted to CAD so $80) important to me. It's all an accessory to an item I'm trying to sell, so it'd honestly just put me out, and I'm not sure the content wouldn't be corrupt after recovery either, since most people report that theirs has become corrupt after all this time (originally from 2009) but its exclusive footage, unique to the item.

There has also been personal items on the usb in the past, and possibly some sensitive content from another party; not me. So I cannot just send the usb out to the buyer as-is, I need to either recover the exclusive content, and then put it back on after a reformat... or just reformat.

The exclusive content is VERY RARE and sought after. but I already agreed to a certain price with the buyer for the cost of the item + usb without this content. (Feel free to pm me if you must know the context about the item in question lol

Can anyone offer some suggestions for another program, or help me figure out how to recover it from the one I'm using?

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I've never done it myself so YMMV but was near a friend who was attempting to restore files on a 10 yo USB as well.
    First off - EaseUS can only recover 2GB for free, you have almost 3 GB selected here, my friend ran into the same problem.
    He ended up using another tool called Puran or something, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kalez For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (4 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by kalez View Post
    I've never done it myself so YMMV but was near a friend who was attempting to restore files on a 10 yo USB as well.
    First off - EaseUS can only recover 2GB for free, you have almost 3 GB selected here, my friend ran into the same problem.
    He ended up using another tool called Puran or something, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it (you need an account to see links)

Thank you! Now I am running into a new issue, when I run the recovery, it tells me the recovery has been completed, but I am unable to find the files anywhere?
    I have tried recovering them to a few different easy to find locations, and they arent visible there? Would you have any ideas what the issue may be?

EDIT:
    Tracked the original recovery from EasUS down but now I'm running into this issue with it
    Still searching for the one from Puran
    (you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Chilljoy; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:56 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I haven't been able to reproduce that with Puran - when I recover files successfully there's a file at the chosen location.
    I'm also just hitting "Just Recover" in Puran, not the other options FWIW. Not sure if relevant, but make sure you have "Hidden files and folders" set to Show in File Explorer in case it's recovering them as hidden for whatever reason..
    Do note, even if the program can detect and recover a file doesn't mean it is in a usable state. The bytes and whatnot may have become corrupt or degraded with use of the USB following its deletion and sometimes the things are just gone unfortunately.
    You can keep trying with different recovery software to see if they work, but Puran's the only one I have tangential experience using.
    Good luck!