2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 16m

Lost with Proxy and VPN stuff

I'm going to preface this with apologizing cause maybe I'm overlooking things- or all of this stuff is just way over my head.

I got a VPN through PIA but I kept getting problems where I'd have to solve captchas or it would just turn itself off. (I was using it in Firefox) It didn't feel reliable enough.

So I bought Proxies through InstantProxies, and I can't get anything to load when I follow their tutorial for Firefox.
    I continually get "The proxy server is refusing connections" or an Access denied page if the proxy info is added to both the HTTP and HTTPS section (like their tutorial says) but not when just the HTTP is added.
    So I can browse when I add the proxy info to just the HTTP section - but when I check to see what my IP is, it displays my actual IP.

I'm afraid I'm tossing money away at this point. I just wanted to use a second main with Stealth Core reliably, and as safely as possible. 😥
    I'm thinking of ditching PIA since it feels very unreliable. If I can figure out how to correctly use InstantProxies, will that be enough for using StealthCore?

I hope this is the right section for this. q_q

Avatar by the wonderful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    11d 23h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    I'm going to preface this with apologizing cause maybe I'm overlooking things- or all of this stuff is just way over my head.

I got a VPN through PIA but I kept getting problems where I'd have to solve captchas or it would just turn itself off. (I was using it in Firefox) It didn't feel reliable enough.

So I bought Proxies through InstantProxies, and I can't get anything to load when I follow their tutorial for Firefox.
    I continually get "The proxy server is refusing connections" or an Access denied page if the proxy info is added to both the HTTP and HTTPS section (like their tutorial says) but not when just the HTTP is added.
    So I can browse when I add the proxy info to just the HTTP section - but when I check to see what my IP is, it displays my actual IP.

I'm afraid I'm tossing money away at this point. I just wanted to use a second main with Stealth Core reliably, and as safely as possible. 😥
    I'm thinking of ditching PIA since it feels very unreliable. If I can figure out how to correctly use InstantProxies, will that be enough for using StealthCore?

I hope this is the right section for this. q_q
    I use webshare.io

They give like 10 or so free proxies. I'd take a look at them. You add your IP to their "dedicated IP" section if you don't want to use the user:pass auth; though StealthCore supports authorization in the advanced settings panel.

Let me know if I can be helpful with that. I didn't like my experience with instantproxies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Praise_the_Sun For This Useful Post:

Arcanine (03-14-2024)

Pronouns
    🔥
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise_the_Sun View Post
    I use webshare.io

They give like 10 or so free proxies. I'd take a look at them. You add your IP to their "dedicated IP" section if you don't want to use the user:pass auth; though StealthCore supports authorization in the advanced settings panel.

Let me know if I can be helpful with that. I didn't like my experience with instantproxies.
    Thank you, I'll give this a try!

I was honestly thinking this was all user error, and it still might be. InstantProxies seemed to be recommended by quite a few here so I figured it'd be worth it. :x

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    11d 23h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    Thank you, I'll give this a try!

I was honestly thinking this was all user error, and it still might be. InstantProxies seemed to be recommended by quite a few here so I figured it'd be worth it. :x
    I'm pretty confident I know how to get webshare to work with StealthCore and am happy to walk through it

Pronouns
    🔥
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise_the_Sun View Post
    I'm pretty confident I know how to get webshare to work with StealthCore and am happy to walk through it
    I would appreciate the walkthrough and help immensely. Thank you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    11d 23h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    I would appreciate the walkthrough and help immensely. Thank you!
    OK. If you're on discord dm me or dm me here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Praise_the_Sun For This Useful Post:

Arcanine (03-14-2024)