1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by UCWerelupe View Post
    Pokemon, Yugioh, Lorcana, One Piece, Magic. TCGs have skyrocketed back into popularity the last couple of years. I think more so for the "hustle" mentality of scalping at release than actual gameplay
    But the thing is the market is huge on those, and so is the number of collectors. People are spending 100's of dollars buying Charizard and Mew's from every new set that releases. The collector base is nowhere near that close for Neopets, and neither is the total spend, so there's a high chance these won't end up being the same thing.

These will sell for prize codes and avatars and stuff, and for the odd collector here and there.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    63d 18h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I wonder what the code prize will be, will it be BD-related too? a SuAP maybe?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Excited about this! my SO is really into Magic and is always trying to get me more into it. My turn to try and get him into Neo? lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Avatars are really becoming pay to win =/
    2 Exclusive avatars, for supporting the site, is twisting your bunches?

Personally think the rarity behind the prize codes could be a way to incentivize sales. Personally just want to play the game against many of you, you're all going down/
    Last edited by SomeClown; 03-06-2024 at 07:47 PM.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Am I confused or just stupid or both? Is this digital TCG like Magic: Arena or is it physical cards?

I'm hit or miss with the paid avatars. I think they shouldn't count towards your avatar total, but I like that they're doing different things and making some of them feel more rare. I think it's very unfair for people who do not live in areas that can access the packs easily or at all, and that's coming from someone who lives in the US.

Also...I've played MTG for like 22 years and my luck with pulls is TERRIBLE. In all my time playing, I have never pulled a card worth over $40-50. Never. Will Neopets be different? Haha
    Last edited by Rook; 03-06-2024 at 08:22 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    31d 19h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeClown View Post
    2 Exclusive avatars, for supporting the site, is twisting your bunches?

Personally think the rarity behind the prize codes could be a way to incentivize sales. Personally just want to play the game against many of you, you're all going down/
    My parisian bunches are extrêmement twisted

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marius For This Useful Post:

Pringle (03-07-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I understand the avatar point because it's really important. We rarely get avatars on site now from playing outside of events. So, there aren't many to work towards when your count is already high. The step TNT is taking shouldn't be to make the new ones pay to win, they should be releasing them on site in general to encourage people to come to the site and try to play to get it. There are also numerous people who have made avatars/unlocking methods for them that TNT could make official like they do for pet colors.

Though, I do get it, putting an avatar behind this does make it more likely for people to buy the item, but they really need to do better.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-08-2024),I_royalty_I (03-07-2024),Ice (03-08-2024),Pringle (03-07-2024),Zapdos (03-06-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i really wish they would actually post some details about what the game and the cards are like :\ we have seen the promos but really that's it. if they want it to be an actual supported, healthy, fun game they would have more info out about it imo. it seems more of a nostalgia cash grab at this point. which isn't the worst thing really, i love collecting and stuff but the game will go nowhere if the gameplay is shit, especially with a more niche property. pokemon is able to be collected a lot because of pokemon's popularity, but they even have a strong game to back it up.

i love TCGs!!!!!!!!!!! i really hope this isnt another boring or shitty one

and i hope that the avatar from the decks is just the shoyru av, i still want that one so bad

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (03-07-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Of course there would be discourse, evne though we have gotten avatars, new ones, since the new TNT cma eno scene. Patience is a vurtue, except I agree...we should have been given actual details. Especially considering there's a random person replying to comments on the Upper Deck (i assume that to be an employee involved with the Neotcg), saying it's not compatible with the original game..
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    But the thing is the market is huge on those, and so is the number of collectors. People are spending 100's of dollars buying Charizard and Mew's from every new set that releases. The collector base is nowhere near that close for Neopets, and neither is the total spend, so there's a high chance these won't end up being the same thing.

These will sell for prize codes and avatars and stuff, and for the odd collector here and there.
    Yeah, I kind of mentioned the lower popularity of Neo in another comment. Just in general though, card collecting in general has gotten popular, I see sports cards being wiped off the shelves again). I am not sure how Neo popularity compares to One Piece though, kind of curious. I know it is known within anime communities, but how big is it? Just wonder if the scalpers will bother or if these will be relatively accessible.

Poke, Magic, YGO, all of course have their own 20-30 years of fanbases. Lorcana has the Disney fanbase behind it.
    Thanks Mothman for the Werelupe avatar