30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I understand the avatar point because it's really important. We rarely get avatars on site now from playing outside of events. So, there aren't many to work towards when your count is already high. The step TNT is taking shouldn't be to make the new ones pay to win, they should be releasing them on site in general to encourage people to come to the site and try to play to get it. There are also numerous people who have made avatars/unlocking methods for them that TNT could make official like they do for pet colors.

Though, I do get it, putting an avatar behind this does make it more likely for people to buy the item, but they really need to do better.
    I 10000% agree with you there. They need to focus on the site itself and releasing avatars - and things in general - to give everyone something to work towards. At the same time, they seem to have taken the pay to win thing on hardcore lately. Took over "UC" pets and monetized them completely. Who needs paint brushes when they have things that you can buy to change a pets color too. I'm waiting for them to let everyone buy avatars, trophies, site themes, etc - that's the way we are heading and I wouldn't be surprised. If things don't go the way they'd hoped, I wouldn't be surprised to see them straight up selling NPs soon lol

All that said, TCGs were pretty popular back in the day. I don't see them as anything more than a collectors piece now a days though. Some of the rarest - and coolest looking - avatars are from their TCG events. Wizard, Champion, Wanna Play. Maybe they will incorporate the new release of these TCGs into something like they had in the past.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Buizel (03-07-2024),Erik. (03-08-2024),Guil (03-07-2024),Pringle (03-07-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    33d 3h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    i already collect pokemon TCG cards, because those have value and also pokemon is my childhood obsession and well, current still lol But i'm interested in how well these are done. i simply don't trust the art direction 100% to make these quality. i guess i'll buy depending on price point
    my lurker card got revoked so here I am I guess

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 14h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    If it's really BD-specfic, I would totally love to purchase these. However... their geographic restrictions put me off (and limit my purchasing ability).

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Jeeze this just looks so bad, ngl. Watched the promo video on UD website and can't see this as more of a fleeting nostalgia cash grab as other people have mentioned. I'd bet my ass that the 'fast paced' gameplay is absolutely garbo with nothing interesting and the fact that it's like ages 6+ and a ~20 minute time estimate means it's fast alright... and probably extremely basic/uninteresting/very little replay value I highly doubt this will gain any actual traction in terms of getting play, people will only buy for the avatars/collecting and I'm sure after maybe one or two more booster releases (if even that!) it'll be another cash grab project shelved smh.

also One Piece is a HUGE IP with an enormous fan base... even if your average OP fan doesn't care for TCGs the scale is incomparable to the Neopets playerbase lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    It's almost like Neopets is their day job. I'm not sure just how many things are a cash grab. Yrying to bring a fanbase back is a pretty good reason to create another card game, centered around their most popular feature. especially considering this is how they put the food on whatever they eat off of.

All of that being said: Once the prices drop..I'll know where I fall on that line. I don't think TNT is doing great, they are trying though. I don't see an NFT scam happening beofre the 25th Anniversarry, so, I'm still hopeful for the future.
    Last edited by SomeClown; 03-08-2024 at 11:37 AM.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Didn't realize there was a sweepstake for signing up with your email. Just went ahead and did that - probably won't win but you never know

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

Wow, so Upper Deck sold some TCGs at a recent convention without letting TNT/the userbase know, I guess? Regardless, this set also included the shroyu avatar code and now they're being sold at scalper prices.

I usually don't agree with jawsch, but this is a really bad look after just announcing these starter decks.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Pringle (03-10-2024)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post

Wow, so Upper Deck sold some TCGs at a recent convention without letting TNT/the userbase know, I guess? Regardless, this set also included the shroyu avatar code and now they're being sold at scalper prices.

I usually don't agree with jawsch, but this is a really bad look after just announcing these starter decks.
    Extremely rare Jawsch w. I'm honestly in awe.

But, agreed, this is incredibly scummy, especially with the shoyru avatar code being attached.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Pringle (03-10-2024)