2/0
    Mentioned
    214 times
    Time Online
    31d 2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

[Indie Game Developement] Coding/Script Help in C# for Unity

** Please feel free to move if this wouldn't be the proper home for this thread. **

Hey friends! I figured ck would be the perfect place to start with this since I'm surrounded by all of these programmers/brilliant minds. c':

I have spent the past year and a half really honing in my pixel art skills (I have over 1200 hours logged in Aseprite and ~200 hours on my iPad ), creating assets that I've sold, and building out two game ideas that I'm super passionate about.

My first game that I want to release would be more or less a "test run" just to go through the process of coding/creating assets/subsequently publishing a game. I am already relatively deep into this idea assets-wise, and I have run into the roadblock that I always seem to with these projects which is on the coding side. I have followed countless Youtube tutorials, bought dozens of Udemy courses, and have scoured the internet for resources that would help specifically what I'm looking for, but I have to be honest... I truly have ZERO interest in coding, and that makes it incredibly difficult to piece these things together. :') I have web development experience and some programming basics from college, so I do understand the /logic/ of what these scripts do and why, but I honestly am at a point where I feel like leaning on someone with more experience (even if I need to pay for it) is still more efficient then me learning an ENTIRELY new skill that I'm not passionate about whatsoever.

TLDR: I am looking for some help with the scripting side of my 2d side-scroller (pixel art) game. There are things I've been able to piece together such as movement (but even this starts to get more complex when you add jumping, ledge grabs, etc.), so I'm just lost. This is discouraging me to the point of just not knowing where to go next to keep this moving forward, so I could really use some help.

I'm more than happy to pay for assets if you have recommendations where to look (I have had a hard time finding scripts on the Unity store/itch.io and don't want to get malware from blindly downloading a bunch of stuff from github and not even knowing how to apply it anyways lmao) and I can pay the beautiful ck programmers as well, though admittedly this is self-funded so I can't go too crazy hehe. If anyone wants me to pitch them my game to get in on, I'm honestly so happy to do that if you're looking more for a fun project that could yield some recurring cash in the future.

If you want to see a super rough concept image, you can peek here:

If you're curious what I'd be looking for specifically, this is a list that is likely not comprehensive but gives you the gist (scripting only - I can create the necessary assets):

All of this to say that I really want to get this game out there and get that under my belt so that I can tackle my next/main game idea which I'm super dedicated to and think could really have some legs. I just don't want to waste my learning curve on my golden egg idea if that makes sense hahah OTL The side-scroller is built off of some custom and some purchased assets already, so I definitely feel like this is the move to actually give this some momentum.

As always, thanks ck fam. It's nice even just to vent about this hahah
    Last edited by Munna; 02-13-2024 at 02:51 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Munna For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (02-13-2024),Nyu (02-13-2024),Shawn (02-14-2024),Zenitsu (02-13-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Wow this sounds amazing!! I have been using C# at work though nothing so complicated and I had no idea you could do games in Unity (not me googling about it right now ).

I don't think I could be much of help but I'll be following this thread

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (02-13-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    214 times
    Time Online
    31d 2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Wow this sounds amazing!! I have been using C# at work though nothing so complicated and I had no idea you could do games in Unity (not me googling about it right now ).

I don't think I could be much of help but I'll be following this thread
    Hehe thank you! What I found funny about several people I follow on YouTube is that they got their degrees in programming/software dev and they transitioned over to game logic basically instantaneously. I was like how does this translate :’)

on my thread. ^

amazing drawing! ;-;

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    63d 18h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    It looks amazing!
    I really like this idea, and I might be able to help if you don't mind me juggling between my job and this?
    Would really love to know more so feel free to PM more details if you want!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyu For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (02-13-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    214 times
    Time Online
    31d 2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyu View Post
    It looks amazing!
    I really like this idea, and I might be able to help if you don't mind me juggling between my job and this?
    Would really love to know more so feel free to PM more details if you want!

You are a saint. I appreciate you being willing to learn more about this. :') I sent you a message, thank you!

on my thread. ^

amazing drawing! ;-;