Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone here taking anxiety medication?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    No, but I should be lol. My anxiety is terrible.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    I’m on geodon and while anxiety isn’t its main function it does help significantly. Problem with anxiety meds is a lot of them increase your appetite

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 16h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    I took Citalopram for years. I had gotten to a point where I struggled to leave the house without having a panic attack. It took the edge off so I was able to live a more normal life. Once i had my son, i decided to wean myself off it and switched to a liquid form, I gradually reduced my drops until I was medication free. I still have my off days but i am so grateful for Citalopram for allowing me to live a more normal life. I don't think I would of gotten to this point without it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You said you also tried therapy and journaling, but have you tried any other anxiety relief methods? You should combine non-medical methods with your anti-anxiety medication. People think that these are not so useful, but if you do them correctly and don't give up on them in the first few days, they'll work. See this (you need an account to see links) for a step-by-step guide on what to do when having anxiety and panic attacks. It talks about things like breathing exercises which can help you immediately, but also advises on how to change your lifestyle to have long-term anxiety relief. You should keep taking your medication, but these non-medical methods can help you stop taking it in the future.
    Last edited by Smith01; 03-17-2024 at 07:06 AM.