Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here taking anxiety medication?

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm on 20mg Escitalopram and it really helps shut my stupid brain up when it starts its shit. Fuckin anxiety, like, damn brain all the same stuff will be happening regardless of whether you're obsessing about it or not...

I usually have to switch meds every six months or so, because I get a little bit zombie, but it's worth it to manage the anxiety.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    thank you for this board, it just reminded me to take my medication today lol

20 mg Lexapro + 150 mg Wellbutrin and 100 mg trazodone to sleep and for nightmares

My advice is to set a daily alarm and other than that specific time, try not to think about the medicine. I personally journaled instances throughout the day where I was feeling anxious, and notice that after about 1.5-2 months that the times per day/week were decreasing. I still think I'm on the journey to find the right pill "salad" that works well for me, but when I first started I was thinking about it constantly daily and it it just wasn't helping the process at all. Give yourself a good few months before trying to analyze it, and give the medicine time to build up in your system.

I experience worry, self doubt targeted anxiety, and also situational anxiety, especially in public. After a few months of the medicine, my worry was significantly decreased. The more time passes, the less and less I am experiencing the other anxieties.

I experience/d head fog when first starting mine. A little wintergreen oil on my collar bone, deep breaths (the oil helped me with this personally because it smells so good and so crisp) and doing something that took a lot of my attention helped me through those times.

Good luck on your mental health journey, and from one stranger to another: I am proud of you for taking care of yourself, your mind, and your body. The first stair step is a large step to take, but the stairs from now on won't be as big. Give yourself patience, my friend, you absolutely deserve it.

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (02-12-2024),Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024),♥ Rattata ♥ (02-12-2024),RicoBandito (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I take the lowest dose of Buspirone and find it helps a lot honestly! I have been on and off medications because I also refused them.
    Making sure I’m as well rested as I can be and drinking water and eating helps a lot. I got really tired at first when taking it but I think that could be because it was calming me down a lot.
    Proud of you for trying them out despite not wanting to! Anxiety is a rough battle but you’re doing great!

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024),RicoBandito (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    I take the lowest dose of Buspirone and find it helps a lot honestly! I have been on and off medications because I also refused them.
    Making sure I’m as well rested as I can be and drinking water and eating helps a lot. I got really tired at first when taking it but I think that could be because it was calming me down a lot.
    Proud of you for trying them out despite not wanting to! Anxiety is a rough battle but you’re doing great!
    Thank you so much, you're so sweet! If prozac isn't working I'll try buspirone next I think! It's only been a week but so far I am noticing a subtle reduction in my anxiety. I'm hoping this is a good sign

Anxiety really is terrible! I think people sometimes don't understand how awful it can be when it's severe. My fiancee rarely has anxiety and he never understood it until I explained it as it feels like I'm on the top of a rollercoaster except that feeling keeps going... and going.... and going. After that he was like oh shit, lol.

I'm so glad you found something that works for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

♥ Rattata ♥ (02-14-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    40d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'm currently on 60mg Prozac/Fluoxetine, several years ago was on some mg of Lexapro and Effexor

I thiiink they all helped with anxiety + depression! I'd say they're worth a shot

I like Flouxetine the most out of the ones I've tried bc I've experienced the least undersirable side effects

(The kind is the brand name ~PMS-Fluoxetine~ which is apparently more effective than just ~regular Fluoxetine~)

Effexor did have its therapeutic effects but has a really short half-life so you have to *always* be timely about taking it. Even a few hours late w a dose = horrible side effects will happen :[

hope prozac alleviates some anxiety for you!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Isabella; 02-12-2024 at 02:34 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I take Zoloft aka Setraline and it's honestly been a huge game changer for me. It felt like finally getting a moments peace and being able to think outside of constant fight or flight. I did get really lucky though. A lot of people have to try different stuff to find what works for them. I got it in one. That said don't be discouraged if you have to try a few before you find the right thing.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    22h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used to take Sertraline and I didn't feel like it was helping me until I stopped taking it (insurance, ugh) and realized that "oh, this was actually doing something for me" haha.

I'm hoping to get back on medication as soon as possible, but I think I would like to try some other things. I feel like yeah, sertraline helped but not quite to the degree that I need.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    i take clonidine. it makes it possible for me to sleep and helps tone down my physical anxiety symptoms

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm a doctor and I've prescribed antidepressants to a fair amount of patients so far, everyone with different levels of success. My general advice is to never take the medication as the only solution to our problems, but just a small part of the overall treatment. Some patients notice a big change in their energy levels, their ability to focus and their quality of life, but it's not an immediate change and it takes anything from weeks to months for you to notice the effect. Be patient, and you'll feel better for sure.

Some meds are not for everyone and doses also vary, so never feel unsure to ask your doctor if you feel any symptoms you consider strange, from itching or dry mouth to high levels of anxiety, stress or insomnia. You already took the hardest step forward, the only thing that remains is being constant

Good luck, and keep taking care of yourself~!
    Last edited by Jesedmoga; 02-15-2024 at 11:49 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesedmoga For This Useful Post:

cloudgirl (03-08-2024),Zombabe (02-16-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm on 28mg a day of Diazepam (using Ashton taper method to reduce every month, I was at 60mg a day last year) and 30mg of Mirtazapine at night. I have severe panic disorder and PTSD and have found that the Mirtazapine is tiers above every single other SSRI/SSNI. The only reason I'm tapering off of the benzos is because of rebound anxiety since long term benzo use has actually made my panic disorder worse. For some people, Buspirone has been the best option to curb their anxiety, it did not agree with me. I noticed a dramatic difference after a week on the Mirtazapine and had very mild side effects (one being an insatiable appetite which led to a large weight gain, though I'm fine with it; and nausea). I also use a cognitive behavioral therapy app called Dare to help ground me when I'm in the middle of a panic attack.