96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

How is Universities in your area doing

IN South Africa we have protest at least once a year at university.

So in our local area e have two universities. I wanted to register at both, apparently not allowed but that is not what I wanted to discuss.

The one university has a block on my registration because it "allegedly" hasd no record of my previous qualification. So I go there, they correct it, say I need to check in 2 hours and bam... nothing changed!
    Si there is literally ques of students with the same problem. Some are senior students that is in there 3de year and now apparently there school results is not on the system. Like what! How did they study for 2 years but its not on the system?

Anyway so some starts throwing a protest... now the council is even angrier but I mean... registration is closing and more than 5000 students are still struggling to register!

What must they do?

I myself just registered at the other university and will now do Masters in disaster management and not masters in entrepreneurship management. (I wanted to do both) but yeah entrepreneurship was actually my first choice but that university has problems.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Tbh I haven't been near an university (very bad experience some years ago with a master...). Though I decided to look for some certification courses this year.

Leaving that aside, wow how can they lose records of many students? Sounds like in meantime you made the right choice. I would wait for things to calm down and the university to get a more stable position.

Maybe you could do your other Master online?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    The administration is likely too big and bureaucracy has run rampant is my guess. From what I've learned it's like that in almost any university/large institution no matter where. Too many cooks and too many hoops to jump through, things get lost along the way. Part of the reason why I quit pursuing my masters actually. I hope this gets worked out for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I've actually seen two colleges in my area shut down within the past few years, kinda sad for all the people who went there.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Universities in third world countries can be amazing and awful at the same time. Where I'm from public universities surpass private ones by hundreds of miles in quality, teaching and recognition when you start trying for masters' degrees or getting trainee-level jobs at some places. But we do suffer from lack of resources, sometimes badly mantained classrooms, outdated systems (which in turn causes registration issues... been there, sis)
    We also have protests a lot - a few of them cause the whole university to shut down for a while (sometimes months), which might be good or bad for some people depending on personal opinion, and some are partial (meaning a few specific majors decide to go against the protest and keep up with the classes - mostly STEM majors in general and medicine because the university has a hospital that needs a team in there at all times).
    But in general, yeah, not too different from you guys - we also can't register at two universities if both are public, but we are allowed to attend two if one is private. Still went through stress every semester to register in classes and all that. It sucks. But it will pass. I hope you're able to solve your problems with your university and keep studying!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliamps View Post
    Universities in third world countries can be amazing and awful at the same time. Where I'm from public universities surpass private ones by hundreds of miles in quality, teaching and recognition when you start trying for masters' degrees or getting trainee-level jobs at some places. But we do suffer from lack of resources, sometimes badly mantained classrooms, outdated systems (which in turn causes registration issues... been there, sis)
    We also have protests a lot - a few of them cause the whole university to shut down for a while (sometimes months), which might be good or bad for some people depending on personal opinion, and some are partial (meaning a few specific majors decide to go against the protest and keep up with the classes - mostly STEM majors in general and medicine because the university has a hospital that needs a team in there at all times).
    But in general, yeah, not too different from you guys - we also can't register at two universities if both are public, but we are allowed to attend two if one is private. Still went through stress every semester to register in classes and all that. It sucks. But it will pass. I hope you're able to solve your problems with your university and keep studying!
    I feel like you totally get it. Thank you.
    I will know by Thursday if I can register with the one. Totally gave up on the other one now. I will be studying disaster management as main and we will see if we can then find me a second supervisor in Business studies since I really want to combine the two. So two more days and then hopefully I am registered. Then its a two year journey

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m