Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    i love this!!!

i went to the gym 2 days ago and went on the treadmill / bike + did some (very small lol) weight lifting.
    yesterday i took it easy since i was super sore and just did a bunch of walking around my neighborhood.
    today i was going to go back to the gym but work knocked me out... so maybe today is my break day haha.

i will update the next few days on what i do to keep myself accountable.
    updating from last week:
    1/25 - walked 4.6 miles
    1/26 - break day
    1/27 - walked 2.6 miles
    1/28 - break day
    1/29 - walked 1.7 miles
    1/30 - walked 2.7 miles
    1/31 - 30 min indoor biking at the gym
    2/1 - idk might take a break or might go to the gym today, we'll see.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (02-05-2024),Slowpoke (02-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Totally forgot I made this haha.

My partner and I went to the gym both last night and Monday. We picked Monday as a primarily cardio day on the treadmills. He was able to run non-stop for a mile, where I had to do some on-and-off running and walking (gotta work on my stamina). Last night was leg day, we did some of the machines (seated leg press, the one where you're moving things with your thighs) and my usual core exercises for my back. We also asked one of the fitness floor staff a question about my partner's shoulder, since it makes an icky crunching sound. He was recommended to go to a chiropractor or PT. I personally disagree with chiropractors, I think it's a quack science, but I'll try to push him to get into physical therapy for it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-01-2024),Sakuras (02-01-2024),Slowpoke (02-01-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    today. deadlifts: x2 45lbs plates total x5 sets x12 reps.

next one is x4 plates x3 sets x10 reps

then some cardio: 10 min walk 4.5 incline and 3.5 speed treadmill

then some abs. in between sets!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-01-2024),caviar (02-01-2024),infestedvirus (02-05-2024),kittyray (02-01-2024),Slowpoke (02-01-2024)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Today was my mild rest day - but I did walk a mile and did 50 lunges, 50 squats and chased the dog around the backyard for 45 minutes! I'vve been looking for people to hold me accountable so this thread is a godsend!
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (02-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Since I'm going to be fully accountable, I'll own up to the fact that I didn't work out yesterday or today like I had hoped And tomorrow I have one work gig and then an event at night so I'm not sure if I'll get the chance given more limited hours on Sundays. I'll definitely end up going on Monday, but I'm trying to not beat myself up right now. My body image goals are important to me, so it's hard to not be sad and feel like I'm being lazy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-04-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    My partner and I hit the pool again today! Since I've basically forgotten how to swim, I'm trying to teach myself again. Not sure if I'm doing a very good job at it or not haha. We also negated the workout a little bit by going to McDonald's afterwards, but my body still feels a little tired, so I'm sure I got something out of it.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    This was my day:

(you need an account to see links)

Last day of my first block of "path to be a pokemon Champion" aka first month/block done of trying to train up for a powerlifting meet hosted at my gym next March (I'm volunteering for this year's meet in March). My stats are low now, but working with my coach has been very helpful to gauge when and how to increase weight for a bigger lift. On my own, I overthink it because I'm scared of biffing my back again lol.

I ate more than I wanted, but it was one of those insatiable hunger days and that was fine because if my body was asking for it, then it needed it. I need to make sure I'm recovered before I hit the lifts tomorrow morning and all that.
    Last edited by lint; 02-05-2024 at 08:29 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

caviar (02-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    because if my body was asking for it, then it needed it.
    I never know how to deal with this concept. I'm trying to lose weight, so shouldn't I ignore hunger? (That's a rhetorical question, not directed at you specifically.)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    I never know how to deal with this concept. I'm trying to lose weight, so shouldn't I ignore hunger? (That's a rhetorical question, not directed at you specifically.)
    Imo it depends on the type of activity you do and how you fuel/refuel for that activity. For example, with the weightlifting I do, it's important to eat enough and enough carbs because that's what repairs my muscles. I've noticed I have better workouts when I eat enough before a lift, but if I don't eat enough later, I get really tired.
    It depends, for sure, but I would say that, if you're trying to lose weight, drink water first if you're feeling hungry since sometimes dehydration feels like hunger. Next, if you're still hungry, eat fruits or veg since they tend to be higher in fiber to keep you full and lower in calories. A combination of carbs and protein can also help. Protein takes the longest to digest, so it's supposed to keep you fuller longer. Basically, if you're still hungry, but trying to lose weight, try eating "high volume" foods like popcorn (plain). For me, I'm generally able to be satiated, but today was just a day that nothing I ate kept me full even as I was counting calories and checking how much I had in the day etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Imo it depends on the type of activity you do and how you fuel/refuel for that activity. For example, with the weightlifting I do, it's important to eat enough and enough carbs because that's what repairs my muscles. I've noticed I have better workouts when I eat enough before a lift, but if I don't eat enough later, I get really tired.
    It depends, for sure, but I would say that, if you're trying to lose weight, drink water first if you're feeling hungry since sometimes dehydration feels like hunger. Next, if you're still hungry, eat fruits or veg since they tend to be higher in fiber to keep you full and lower in calories. A combination of carbs and protein can also help. Protein takes the longest to digest, so it's supposed to keep you fuller longer. Basically, if you're still hungry, but trying to lose weight, try eating "high volume" foods like popcorn (plain). For me, I'm generally able to be satiated, but today was just a day that nothing I ate kept me full even as I was counting calories and checking how much I had in the day etc.
    Counting calories is dangerous for me, I start to get obsessive and beat myself up over it. Plus I'm not good at cooking/am lazy :') I know that's a lot of excuses, though.