Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A simple guide to Intermittent Fasting!

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I will say that, as a biological female and having issues with PCOS, IF was pretty much the only way I could lose weight in any meaningful capacity. I had tried everything before, CICO, exercise, Keto, gluten free, even had my doctor put me on birth control and metformin to hopefully ease my symptoms.

I lost about 40lbs in about 6 or 7 months, which was HUGE for me, and some other symptoms caused by my PCOS began to clear up as well. (Super heavy periods, acne, etc.) No matter how strict I was under any other diet or lifestyle change, nothing else worked. There is absolutely something there that helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (01-18-2024)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I do intermittent fasting. That's how I went from 255 lbs to 180 lbs. I am back to doing IF again as I gained some of that weight back. I have already lost 10 lbs this year. Whenever I restart my IF, I always drop weight really fast and then get to normal weightloss.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    Exactly, you're completely right.

(My issue with diets is the mindset, you know, when you know you shouldn't eat something, your mind is always there IF helps in this respect.)
    I know haha, I follow also a diet. And I get cravings as well, but for this reason, when I do my shopping I only buy healthy things... Or I know I will cheat. However, when I do cheat, I make sure I really want to do it and then its fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I will say that, as a biological female and having issues with PCOS, IF was pretty much the only way I could lose weight in any meaningful capacity. I had tried everything before, CICO, exercise, Keto, gluten free, even had my doctor put me on birth control and metformin to hopefully ease my symptoms.

I lost about 40lbs in about 6 or 7 months, which was HUGE for me, and some other symptoms caused by my PCOS began to clear up as well. (Super heavy periods, acne, etc.) No matter how strict I was under any other diet or lifestyle change, nothing else worked. There is absolutely something there that helps.
    This is very interesting! Congratulations! And yes, theres more to it than the usual calorie surplus / deficit which still is very important and what makes a difference at the end of the day. But still, I feel a BIG difference if I eat carbs before a workout or not. Happy to read about your experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    I do intermittent fasting. That's how I went from 255 lbs to 180 lbs. I am back to doing IF again as I gained some of that weight back. I have already lost 10 lbs this year. Whenever I restart my IF, I always drop weight really fast and then get to normal weightloss.
    Congratulations and keep at it, always of course, in a healthy way

6. The Following User Says Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

nousha (01-20-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    This is the first time I hear about this. Thanks for sharing!

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Thank you for sharing.

Could you give some examples of your day for 16:8 or any of the fasting methods that you did?

Ie. 2am - 9am: sleep
    9am - 12pm: work
    12pm: 1st meal of pasta etc
    2pm: snack of etc etc
    6pm: dinner etc
    7pm: exercise etc

Like, in general I don't follow a 16:8 intermittent fasting, but my regular days are always 2 meals a day, once around 12:30~1pm, and then dinner between 7~8pm, sometimes with snacks in between when I'm bored/hungry so technically it's within that window, however I don't exactly feel any of the benefits that you've mention. Would that mean I'd have to try a different intermittent fasting method or am I doing something wrong?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

Could you give some examples of your day for 16:8 or any of the fasting methods that you did?

Ie. 2am - 9am: sleep
    9am - 12pm: work
    12pm: 1st meal of pasta etc
    2pm: snack of etc etc
    6pm: dinner etc
    7pm: exercise etc

Like, in general I don't follow a 16:8 intermittent fasting, but my regular days are always 2 meals a day, once around 12:30~1pm, and then dinner between 7~8pm, sometimes with snacks in between when I'm bored/hungry so technically it's within that window, however I don't exactly feel any of the benefits that you've mention. Would that mean I'd have to try a different intermittent fasting method or am I doing something wrong?
    Ah, interesting! Yes, I have a family member who also follows a similar schedule, but surprisingly, they weren't aware of fasting. I think it might be related to your ability to listen to your body's needs already.

What works best for me is quite similar:

Sleep from 22h to 6h
    First meal at 13h
    Last meal at 20h or before
    It's a bit less than the typical 16:8, but it gives me the flexibility to snack on a fruit or Greek yogurt before or after my eating window, which happens quite often.

Regarding the benefits, perhaps you've already found the ideal window where you feel your best. Have you experimented with eating in different schedules, and if so, how did that go?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Unown (01-19-2024)