Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offering free online fitness help and coaching for gamers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m

Offering free online fitness help and coaching for gamers.

Hey everyone! I've been contemplating how I can contribute to this awesome forum, and after browsing through various threads, I've come up with an idea—I'd love to offer free online fitness coaching!

I'm not here to promote myself as a coach as Im not one -Im just a healthy man-, but I can assure you that I'm in excellent shape. My friends always turn to me for advice on staying fit and getting shredded. If anyone's interested, I'm more than happy to share tips, workouts, or answer any fitness-related questions.

Drop your questions right here! Whether you're aiming for specific fitness goals, have dietary desires, or just want a tailored plan, I'm here to help.

For personalized assistance, feel free to either message me privately or post your details here for an open discussion. Include your age, height, daily activity level, current diet preferences, and let me know about your current fitness level. Together, we can craft a plan that suits both your short-term and long-term aspirations.

For now, I'd like to share some of my tips for achieving a shredded physique:

1. I primarily focus on muscle hypertrophy for weight loss, which involves lifting.
    2. During bulking phases, I avoid cardio to facilitate weight and muscle gain (never exceeding 15% body fat). When cutting, I incorporate cardio and intermittent fasting.
    3. Establishing a consistent routine is crucial.
    4. The most critical factor is diet. Following that, comes exercise. It's about being mindful; there's no need to spend three hours a day at the gym.
    5. Sleep is also of utmost importance. I can provide assistance with sleep hygiene and tips for promoting quality sleep.
    6. Always set realistic goals, maintain consistency, and find an activity you genuinely enjoy.

Basically. If you want to lose weight you need to eat less calories than what you need in a day. Its basic math. The more calories you eat, the more calories you will need to burn. In my case, I do eat a lot calories since I sport a lot and Im quite a big guy, but this is diffferent for everyone.

And now, let the questions begin. I will try to answer ASAP... But as a gamer myself, believe me, its possible to find the balance between virtual world and real life...

TLDR: I'm here to assist with personalized diet and fitness plans, aiming not just for physical improvement but overall health, encompassing both physical and psychological well-being.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-03-2024),Cat Purrson (01-03-2024),caviar (01-03-2024),Charmander (01-03-2024),DarkSkies (01-03-2024),Excalibur (01-03-2024),I_royalty_I (01-03-2024),John Cena (01-03-2024),♥ lint ♥ (01-03-2024),Mario2302 (01-03-2024),Masterplayer44 (01-03-2024),Patamon (01-03-2024),Pidgey (01-03-2024),rio (01-04-2024),Shawn (01-07-2024),Slowpoke (01-03-2024),Swablu (01-14-2024),Vis (01-03-2024),Zenitsu (01-03-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    This is super useful! You may also find yourself in the cooking section! Would be awesome if you had recipe for high protein meals or high volume low calorie meals you could share!! That would be amazing too!

Thank you for offering this here!!

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-03-2024),infestedvirus (01-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    This is super useful! You may also find yourself in the cooking section! Would be awesome if you had recipe for high protein meals or high volume low calorie meals you could share!! That would be amazing too!

Thank you for offering this here!!
    Thank you! Protein is important for weight loss and muscle building. Its good for weight loss as it keeps you full for longer periods of time, and good for building muscle because it helps repair the tissue.
    The daily intake is based mostly on your needs and your goals. Personally, I try to hit 30 grams every meal. As the body can only metabolize around 30 grams every two hours.

For this reason, I plan my diet all around those 30 grams. If you would like we can plan a small diet for yourself. Are you vegetarian? Vegan? Allergies? or do you have some special taste in food you would like to follow? Also, what would you like to acchieve? Gain weight / lose weight?

When it comes to cooking and due to mi intentions, I keep it very basic:
    Morning: 100 grams oats + peanut butter + banana (bulking)
    4x eggs + greens (cutting)

Lunch: Chicken (or any source of animal protein, but could also be tofu or tempeh) + rice + greens (bulking)
    Chicken (or any source of animal protein, but could also be tofu or tempeh) + salad (cutting)

Afternoon: Protein shake when cutting. Self made protein power bars (avoid the nasty ones you can buy) and Bananas when bulking.

Dinner: Salmon (or any source of animal protein, but could also be tofu or tempeh) + potatoes (bulk
    Salmon (or any source of animal protein, but could also be tofu or tempeh) + salad (cutting)

My bulking stages are pretty big and I do eat a lot! Also, I never go that crazy about it, so if I happen to eat a pizza during the weekend thats okay. I do avoid alcohol as it kills the gains pretty much.

Let me know! And keep it up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-03-2024),Pidgey (01-03-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Super useful, thank you!

Any tips for someone looking to build upper body strength to achieve a pull-up?
    I've heard that using the assisted pull up machine isn't the best option and that I should try those big rubber bands (idk what they're called), I've also been told just trying dead hangs is a great start too.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    Super useful, thank you!

Any tips for someone looking to build upper body strength to achieve a pull-up?
    I've heard that using the assisted pull up machine isn't the best option and that I should try those big rubber bands (idk what they're called), I've also been told just trying dead hangs is a great start too.
    Exactly! You can also try the negative form of pull-ups . Most of the world's population cannot do a single one, so don't worry about it. You can practice negative pull-ups (instead of going up, just step up with your legs and then, by hanging, slowly go down. That's called the negative form. For calisthenics, it also works a lot.

On the other hand, resistance bands are also very effective! Just be cautious that they don't slip off your feet and hit your face. I've seen that happen.

Let me know if you need any more help and I will happily guide you. Funny! I like to help a lot when it comes to sports, also at the park I often help.

I have the resistance bands from China (famous top selling chinese site) and they work almost as good as my older set of bands.

PS: Good job on going for pull ups. They are one of the most complete excercises out there.
    Last edited by infestedvirus; 01-03-2024 at 05:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

John Cena (01-04-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    This is great! A lot of people can get overwhelmed with information on where to start with going on diets or trying to get fit. It's always nice to have someone explain it that isn't necessarily trying to sell some gimmick to people. I find that people overthink fitness and nutrition because of all the information pumped by influencers and what not.

I find that the most difficult thing for me to do is track macros tbh. I train in powerlifting and try to eat around that to optimize my training and I know macros matter, but I just can't be bothered to track anything except calories and protein. I don't like eating a lot of carbs before a lift because I feel full and get sleepy, so I try to aim for more carbs after my lifts. I'd like to actually properly undergo a cut/bulk phase this year, but I don't want to track macros lol. You think I can get away with just tracking protein and calories when bulking and cutting? I actually worked with a nutritionist who had me counting macros to get me to eat in a slight surplus and then cut. I had such a hard time with it because I just couldn't meet my fat amounts lol because I way prefer eating carbs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (01-04-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    This is very cool and thank you for offering your services here!
    I'm always struggling to get started, I need to build up endurance/cardio as I play hockey and run around a lot. I'm looking at taking up BMX as well as my husband does it off and on.
    I lost 60kg in the last year and loose skin is the worst, I would love tips on how to get started tightening skin/building muscle mainly arms, thighs, and stomach!

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I am like, the pickiest eater on the planet and also don't have the will to cook, fixing my diet has not been easy for me :') Any tips?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    This is great! A lot of people can get overwhelmed with information on where to start with going on diets or trying to get fit. It's always nice to have someone explain it that isn't necessarily trying to sell some gimmick to people. I find that people overthink fitness and nutrition because of all the information pumped by influencers and what not.

I find that the most difficult thing for me to do is track macros tbh. I train in powerlifting and try to eat around that to optimize my training and I know macros matter, but I just can't be bothered to track anything except calories and protein. I don't like eating a lot of carbs before a lift because I feel full and get sleepy, so I try to aim for more carbs after my lifts. I'd like to actually properly undergo a cut/bulk phase this year, but I don't want to track macros lol. You think I can get away with just tracking protein and calories when bulking and cutting? I actually worked with a nutritionist who had me counting macros to get me to eat in a slight surplus and then cut. I had such a hard time with it because I just couldn't meet my fat amounts lol because I way prefer eating carbs.
    Ah! So, you're diving into it like I do. Honestly, tracking macros was a game-changer for me. I invested in a scale, crafted a diet plan, and the insights gained from meticulous tracking were invaluable. Now, I've reached a point where I can be a bit more flexible, adjusting my diet based on my learned requirements. While I personally prefer this approach, I acknowledge it comes after understanding my nutritional needs. If you're keen on optimization, tracking your macros is key .

That being said, for many, being mindful without getting obsessed is sufficient. Personally, I got deeply into it. Was it worth it? Partially yes, partially no. The choice is yours... Finding a balance is key. I confess, I went through a phase of being a bit too obsessed, tracking every detail. I was that friend who brought eggs to restaurants just to add them to my dinner. 😅 It's essential to enjoy life and not let the pursuit of a perfect diet take away from the pleasures of socializing and dining out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    This is very cool and thank you for offering your services here!
    I'm always struggling to get started, I need to build up endurance/cardio as I play hockey and run around a lot. I'm looking at taking up BMX as well as my husband does it off and on.
    I lost 60kg in the last year and loose skin is the worst, I would love tips on how to get started tightening skin/building muscle mainly arms, thighs, and stomach!
    Absolutely! Taking that first step is the key to a life-changing journey. It's never too late, and remember, your health and happiness should be the driving force, not societal expectations. 😊 You've already achieved so much progress in the past year, and it's only going to get better from here.

Regarding loose skin, here are some practical tips:

1. Give it Time: Your body is incredible at healing itself. Loose skin is a normal part of the weight loss process, so be patient and celebrate the progress you've made.

2. Hydration and Collagen: Keep yourself well-hydrated, and consider adding collagen supplements to your routine. Hydration and collagen are vital for skin elasticity and overall health.

3. Build Muscle: Incorporate strength training into your routine to replace fat with muscle. Lifting weights can make a significant difference in toning areas like your arms, thighs, and stomach.

4. Balanced Diet: Focus on a sustainable and balanced diet. The best diet is one you can stick with in the long run. Small, consistent changes are more effective than drastic, short-term measures.

Remember, this journey is about self-improvement and well-being. Enjoy every step, and here's to a healthier, happier you!

Continue with hockey and BMX, incorporate a daily walk or additional daily steps if feasible, and be cautious of your knees during impact sports. Consider adding home workouts or even gym sessions to your routine; once or twice a week is already excellent! And let me emphasize, your weight loss last year was truly remarkable. Great job!

You can ask here or PM and we can plan a diet / work out routine based on your requirments.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    I am like, the pickiest eater on the planet and also don't have the will to cook, fixing my diet has not been easy for me :') Any tips?
    I can try and share some tips! Perhaps setting up a cook day and freezing meals can work for you. The freezer indeed becomes a valuable ally in maintaining a convenient and nutritious routine throughout the week when we dont have enough time to cook.
    Being selective about your food preferences is also perfectly okay. Planning your meals in advance allows you to tailor your choices to your liking. Even if you have dietary restrictions or specific preferences, creating a meal plan helps you stay on track.
    Consider what you enjoy the most and experiment with different variations. Small changes, like switching condiments or adding/taking out ingredients, can transform basic dishes into delightful meals...

Keep a container for each food and organize yourself based on that.

I used to be vegan and working a lot, so I didnt have time either. Having a cook day helped me...

(Also cooking extra quant. every time you cook works. You can make plain meals you like and add little changes to each container when you heat them).

How does this feel?
    Last edited by infestedvirus; 01-04-2024 at 06:18 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-04-2024),♥ lint ♥ (01-04-2024),♥ Shinx ♥ (01-04-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by infestedvirus View Post
    Ah! So, you're diving into it like I do. Honestly, tracking macros was a game-changer for me. I invested in a scale, crafted a diet plan, and the insights gained from meticulous tracking were invaluable. Now, I've reached a point where I can be a bit more flexible, adjusting my diet based on my learned requirements. While I personally prefer this approach, I acknowledge it comes after understanding my nutritional needs. If you're keen on optimization, tracking your macros is key .

That being said, for many, being mindful without getting obsessed is sufficient. Personally, I got deeply into it. Was it worth it? Partially yes, partially no. The choice is yours... Finding a balance is key. I confess, I went through a phase of being a bit too obsessed, tracking every detail. I was that friend who brought eggs to restaurants just to add them to my dinner. 😅 It's essential to enjoy life and not let the pursuit of a perfect diet take away from the pleasures of socializing and dining out.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely! Taking that first step is the key to a life-changing journey. It's never too late, and remember, your health and happiness should be the driving force, not societal expectations. 😊 You've already achieved so much progress in the past year, and it's only going to get better from here.

Regarding loose skin, here are some practical tips:

1. Give it Time: Your body is incredible at healing itself. Loose skin is a normal part of the weight loss process, so be patient and celebrate the progress you've made.

2. Hydration and Collagen: Keep yourself well-hydrated, and consider adding collagen supplements to your routine. Hydration and collagen are vital for skin elasticity and overall health.

3. Build Muscle: Incorporate strength training into your routine to replace fat with muscle. Lifting weights can make a significant difference in toning areas like your arms, thighs, and stomach.

4. Balanced Diet: Focus on a sustainable and balanced diet. The best diet is one you can stick with in the long run. Small, consistent changes are more effective than drastic, short-term measures.

Remember, this journey is about self-improvement and well-being. Enjoy every step, and here's to a healthier, happier you!

Continue with hockey and BMX, incorporate a daily walk or additional daily steps if feasible, and be cautious of your knees during impact sports. Consider adding home workouts or even gym sessions to your routine; once or twice a week is already excellent! And let me emphasize, your weight loss last year was truly remarkable. Great job!

You can ask here or PM and we can plan a diet / work out routine based on your requirments.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

I can try and share some tips! Perhaps setting up a cook day and freezing meals can work for you. The freezer indeed becomes a valuable ally in maintaining a convenient and nutritious routine throughout the week when we dont have enough time to cook.
    Being selective about your food preferences is also perfectly okay. Planning your meals in advance allows you to tailor your choices to your liking. Even if you have dietary restrictions or specific preferences, creating a meal plan helps you stay on track.
    Consider what you enjoy the most and experiment with different variations. Small changes, like switching condiments or adding/taking out ingredients, can transform basic dishes into delightful meals...

Keep a container for each food and organize yourself based on that.

I used to be vegan and working a lot, so I didnt have time either. Having a cook day helped me...

(Also cooking extra quant. every time you cook works. You can make plain meals you like and add little changes to each container when you heat them).

How does this feel?
    I hear ya. I know it's something I have to buckle down to do 😔 lol. My team at work goes out to eat together once a week so I definitely air on the side of balance and try to eyeball my ratios if I can. I'm curious to hear more about your training and how you manage your nutrition around that. From one weightlifting enthusiast to another