257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Magic the Gathering: Fallout Series

(you need an account to see links)
    ---
    So it seems Magic has encapcilated me into lokoing into these sets... theyre wonderful utilizing the concept art for the cards. I do not play that TCG however.. i thought about pre-ordering these... UNTIL i saw the price?? && Thought AINT NO FKN way! Ill include some links to the actual website and some images from the preorder. I feel like this is straight highway robbery. 300 dollars for a booster box?!

Im not a MTG player or collector but if anyone here is.. can yall tell me if these prices are factual? this is how much you guys pay for the sets?! 70 bucks for basic deck? Am i crazy?

(you need an account to see links)
    ---

Your thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-31-2023),Guil (12-31-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I have been HYPE about these for a while, I'm really excited to preorder them from my game store. I have heard really bad things about amazon being really hit and miss with MTG stuff, especially with the last big crossover set, which was Lord of the Rings.

As for the pricing $59.99 sounds right for the decks, they are "Commander" Format decks, and have 100 cards each. When it comes to the boosters.... that's sadly the case for those Collector Boosters, a single pack goes for around $25, because those are special boosters that have special treatments of the cards, serialized cards, etc. I hate collector boosters lmao I never buy them I do not think they are in any way worth it, but they are gonna have some special treatments/art styles in those. Still probably wont buy them I'll be happy with the decks
    Last edited by Guil; 12-31-2023 at 06:08 PM.

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-31-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    aint no way!!! 300 hundred just for the special packs? theyll have tons.. i mean i guess but they could make their money even without that price this is insane. and 60-70 just for the deck is wild to me..

i know it aint pokemon but this is asinine.

im sure people will do it. but i think ill wait then and not preorder upon release.

Do you know of special sets in terms of timeframe? like will these only be printed a certain run?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-31-2023),Guil (12-31-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    aint no way!!! 300 hundred just for the special packs? theyll have tons.. i mean i guess but they could make their money even without that price this is insane. and 60-70 just for the deck is wild to me..

i know it aint pokemon but this is asinine.

im sure people will do it. but i think ill wait then and not preorder upon release.

Do you know of special sets in terms of timeframe? like will these only be printed a certain run?
    MTG can be a pretty pricey card game haha, its an expensive hobby to have, but you can do it on a budget too if you like the game. I love the game and mostly use cheaper cards or existing cards in mine and my husband's collection. But especially lately since they have been bought by Hasbro, the expensive/collector part has gotten kinda out of control imo. I don't really go for the expensive stuff haha

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (12-31-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    MTG can be a pretty pricey card game haha, its an expensive hobby to have, but you can do it on a budget too if you like the game. I love the game and mostly use cheaper cards or existing cards in mine and my husband's collection. But especially lately since they have been bought by Hasbro, the expensive/collector part has gotten kinda out of control imo. I don't really go for the expensive stuff haha
    fair point. crazy that tcg has gotten this comical in pricing. thats so cool you play! is that one black rose really worth over 100k??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Guil (12-31-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    fair point. crazy that tcg has gotten this comical in pricing. thats so cool you play! is that one black rose really worth over 100k??
    it is a super fun game, theres so many rules and new things added each set that it can be a LOT but its still super fun.

and yeah, there are a lot of really valuable cards. I think the Black Lotus is the most expensive, but mostly they go for like $10k to $30 if i recall. Thought there's also a lot of factors like printings etc. Post Malone bought an artist proof (limited extra prints of cards given to the artist of the card), signed by that original artist and that was like $800k and then there was the 1/1 The One Ring Card, that was from the last big set like this, but there was only one printed in that style. The card had other styles printed but they also made a big deal of this one of one unique card

Even with some of the cards being crazy expensive, you can still get a lot of great, and even older cards for under $1

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-02-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Good to know @(you need an account to see links)! I think ill purchase them how i purchase pokemon cards nowadays- when theyre on sale for packs or individual ones with good artwork. ill have to wait till they release set info then.

thank you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Guil (01-02-2024)