DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I’ve done the LDR thing but usually didn’t send care packages. Usually waited until being in person to exchange - but I love the care package idea. Doesn’t even have to be holiday related, getting surprises like that is always fun and exciting. Putting everything together and planning what you’re going to get is 99% of the fun too. How excited the other person is to see what it is takes up the other 10%. Giving gifts is always so much better than receiving them so I always like to go over the top with appreciation when somebody gets a particularly thoughtful gift!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-24-2023),Cat Purrson (12-24-2023),Excalibur (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Wow this cute! I haven't tried that one, most I did this holidays was buying some reversible plushies for my nieces, get them shipped to me (on last day of travelling I'm not sure if that's bad or good luck lol) and bring them all the flight with me.

Though shipping stuff has that discovery joy!
    honestly thats probably the best way to do it lol! no shipping or middleman just you, your luggage and the flight home!!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    Long distance romance situation for me too. But not for much longer
    What we do now is buy stuff from amazon in our respective countries and have it shipped that way by putting in the address.

Or we do steam gifts.

This year I get a phone and a bunch of steam games
    im so happy to hear! i cant wait till we are skin contact close! thats so wonderful! i love steam, and amazon has been good to both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I have been the past couple years sending presents to my bff! We met over the internet in like 2016 or so and have been talking everyday since then! Found out we have the same birthday and scarily similarities in likes/dislikes (really really scary lmao) and we buy presents for each other and have them shipped since postal is fucking expensive o.o

We did do postal one year and... yeah it was more in shipping than the items we spent on each other :/
    yeah shipping is a hassle.. however we use pirate ship? its been decently cheap! im so glad you guys connected and do that! so wonderful to hear

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Love this, I do a similar thing with friends overseas! Amazon kindle books are a big one for us, we sort of have a book club in the way that we gift eachother books we read and enjoy.
    i wish i could read and enjoy it! i envy you! this is so wonderful! glad to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    I have done care packages before but not around Christmas. I’ve sent a care package to @(you need an account to see links) before and she has also sent me one! @(you need an account to see links) also sent me a care package last year when I got a promotion. Both of these girlies I am friends with becaus of cK and getting presents from them were highlights of my days at the time! It is so fun to send care packages to people, especially when they show up for the person when they’re not expecting it
    awh you guys are so awesome! the super trio!! you guys totally should do an IRL thingy one day!!! im so happy to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    I've both sent and received gifts from friends I met on ck! I've also sent holiday gifts to my sister in Guam and she has sent me care packages filled with all kinds of interesting goodies! I'm beyond thankful for all the friends I've met on this site. I never thought Neopets would introduce me to some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Happy Holidays, everyone!
    guam?! such a beautiful country! so lucky they get your gifts! yes neo has been a wild ride for sure! and theres lots more stories that involve this kind of IRL love. its nice to hear amidst the crazy world were in.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    As an Australian with mostly online friends, I send a lot of our candy/snacks to my friends. Both the good stuff and the bad stuff - everyone gets vegemite to try, most don't like it. My significant other sent me girl scout cookies from America once, and I still crave them LOL.
    oh what is a vegemite? GSC are pretty bomb ngl. glad to hear!!

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    When I was in an LDR I sent care packages every so often, but she never sent me any! I did a lot of online secret santa things, I've always loved putting things together for people, and traditional mail can just be so fun! Even now I love mailing people random things when I can!
    traditional mail i havent done in years! i still get post cards or family pics for the holidays which i do enjoy. so i bet it must be nice sending them! thanks for sharing <3 also im sorry you didnt get any! youre more than deserving!!

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I’ve done the LDR thing but usually didn’t send care packages. Usually waited until being in person to exchange - but I love the care package idea. Doesn’t even have to be holiday related, getting surprises like that is always fun and exciting. Putting everything together and planning what you’re going to get is 99% of the fun too. How excited the other person is to see what it is takes up the other 10%. Giving gifts is always so much better than receiving them so I always like to go over the top with appreciation when somebody gets a particularly thoughtful gift!
    thanks for sharing royalty!! so cool you were able to experience that ! yes gift giving has always been a fun thing! gimme your PO box right meow LOL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-24-2023),Cat Purrson (12-24-2023),kittyray (12-24-2023)