DL/UL
    71/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I've been very much over christmas the last few years. I love to give gifts but the shopping kills me. I stress far too much about what to buy people and when I finally think of something I spend days-weeks researching the item to find the best one I can afford. I took the lazy route this year and most people are getting a card with cash. Adults are extremely hard to shop for and I'm just over gifts in general. I enjoy seeing the few family members I still talk to and my partners family. But it's a very expensive and stressful holiday. I also feel extreme guilt knowing I have relatives that shouldn't be spending money on gifts and they spend far too much money on me. I've had repeated talks with them with me begging them to not spend money on me and they never listen.
    Last edited by jmg; 12-20-2023 at 01:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmg For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I sadly haven't felt the Holiday Spirit since my grandfather passed away around the Holidays.
    Not saying Im a grinch or all "I hate the Holidays!" but the spark that was there before is no longer there ):

BUT! This year Im very excited because I get to finally get myself new glasses lol Ive been needing them REAL bad, and thanks to certain people, I can finally get some new ones!
    So that has lifted my spirits this year and brought back some of that Christmas and Holiday joy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    For me and my husband it's a time we wait for the whole year because is when we finally can travel and meet our families again. Being apart from everyone and everything you knew for most of your life can be hard, so I cherish the memories of seeing my family, my nieces growing up, old friends faces...

Surely I will spend money to help my family because I know they're having hard times too. I'm also planning on taking a visit to an old animal shelter I used to go, some old doggy faces I'm missing see too.

I'm sorry you're going through this @(you need an account to see links) I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I send you a big hug, know that being sensitive is what makes us humans so don't feel bad for it.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Guil (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    It's a rough one. I haven't really had 'Christmas' for the last few years. My mother died on January 10th a few years ago and her last Christmas was awful - she was also the one in my small family who loved Christmas most and it's hard to do it without her.

My grandma died the January before my mother did, and before that every Christmas had been at her house where all the family would gather (my mother had 6 siblings so it was always a big deal). Since then each sibling's family does their own thing and I don't really have anyone. I spent one Christmas at a friend's house and one at my Aunts but it just felt weird.

This year, Dad has just got out of hospital following very major cancer surgery. He's doing ok so far but recovery is rough and I'm very tired from caring for him and all the worry. It doesn't help that I haven't had a holiday from work this year as I've had to use all my holiday time to cover my and Dad's health issues.

I won't be getting anything or seeing anyone this year. I have friends but most go to their own families far away for the holidays - we had a little get together a while back - and family live quite far away and do their own thing.

I really miss family christmases and feeling the love. It's an empty space for me these days.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Guil (12-20-2023),Lyrichord (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    thanks to everyone for sharing, ive been reading all of these and i know i said it on my post above, but sending you all my love and some holiday spirit if you want it!

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    @(you need an account to see links) I've been thinking of you this holiday season. ♥︎ I'm so glad to hear your dad made it through surgery. I'm sending you a big hug! I hope you're able to carve out some rest and relax in the midst of all of this.

I'm the biggest festivity person at home so I got started early this year before my dad's latest surgery. My Christmas cards might be late but at least they're sent, and I only wrote about 1/2 as many this year. All to say, dad made it through his surgery and is recovering alright! But it's been a stressful week, month - year, really - leading into all if it. I've been more tired than normal. Still waiting for the report on what they took out, but I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm fairly certain these are still the good days so I'm trying to enjoy them as much as possible - and with newfound appreciation for health! Sweet friends checking in, cheery Christmas music favorites, decorations, seeing the lights around town, and of course the holiday goodies!! have and continue to bring a smile to my face!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Honestly haven’t been in the Christmas spirit per say. Been helpful to be around here in the community but there’s no snow.

2023 has been a tough year physically mentally emotionally and financially so I’m hoping 2024 is the year of prosperity.

In any case I wish all of those Happy Holidays this year with tidings of glee ✨

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I just wanted to post a small update. Last night I ended up having a small gathering with two friends + their partners to try to salvage something that had been planned for after christmas. One of the friends involved has a lot of plans that got totally messed up at the last minute due to a lot of awful things all in a row. I know the plan we had was small compared to some of the others she'd had (one of which was meant to be a final family christmas with an ailing relative), but I'm really glad we were able to do something for her. Just feeling enormous gratitude for my friends, and also my parents for their flexibility in allowing several guests over last minute, including re-arranging a recently re-arranged room to make it wheelchair-friendly and cancelling some preparation plans, less than 24 hours before my brother/SIL arrive.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

birdies (12-21-2023),DarkSkies (12-22-2023),Mothman (12-21-2023)