7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m

How are you doing this holiday?

I make this with a heavy heart but I just don't feel excited for Christmas (even if it super super soon). Ever since we lost a important family member a couple years ago it just hasn't been the same no matter how hard we try. We're all getting older, things are getting more expensive and overall we're just not overly in the holiday spirit anymore. You guys ever see 'Elf' when Santa crashes into NYC and buddy finds him? And santa say's no one believes in the Christmas spirit anymore? I feel like that's what alot of us are going through lately.

Is anyone else feeling like this? Or is it just me? I'm one to keep things bottled up because I have certain family members who will tell me to 'quit being silly' or 'grow up' etc and I don't think I could handle being that told since I'm a sensitive person (quite literally).

So I make this thread to have y'all share your emotions/thoughts here. This is a safe place. No one will judge (I won't).

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (12-20-2023),aymo (12-20-2023),j03 (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023),Lyrichord (12-20-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I feel kind of mixed. Grateful, but mixed. I'm super tired and I cant't really put it into words why. I can't even imagine the profound effect of loss on a holiday like that. There have been times where I fear it's The Last BeFore... if that makes sense? I know a couple people who have had their plans thrown into shambles,and I wish I could do more for them, while feeling guilty about my frustrations with my family's current setup.

[edit] I read this back and I worry it makes no sense. I'll try to explain in AM.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Sending you guys my christmas spirit! Loss of family members and just like the world being crazy can make it hard to enjoy yourself. I'm feeling exhausted just from life in general right now. with some creativity burnout to boot, but I am lucky in that I was able to take PTO for the entirety between christmas and new years, so I am really looking forward to christmas not only for the holiday, but also to recharge. I live far from my family, so I am also gonna be glad to see them for a bit of an extended period of time after only seeing them twice this year.

Hopefully you all have a nice relaxing day and at least get some tasty food, even if the holiday isnt the best for you

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Well…

im not sure.

im very grateful for my children and husband but Christmas this year is blah!!!! We don’t even have snow
    Check out Toothless, my Ryu!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kisses For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023),Lyrichord (12-20-2023),Totodile (12-20-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I want to re-reply with some more clarity than when I was falling asleep last night.

I'm doing mostly okay, I feel like I made things seem more grim last night, but I was just struggling to phrase things. I think what I was trying to get at is that there have been a lot of changes, but also I've seen things that really put things in perspective. My brother got married this year and we're still figuring out how holidays are going to work. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to see him at all, which was rough, but it's actually working out, but we aren't doing gifts except for stocking stuffers, which is a worth-it trade-off, but it's all coming together relatively last minute, so it's been a little bit of mental whiplash. My dad has had a couple bouts of bad health the past few years, and I know a few people who have lost their dad in that time, so time spent with family is sososo important to me, but there's a lot of latent fear. It's also hard for me to not feel for my friends who aren't as lucky right now? And with that, I have some friends I'm not gonna see this year, which sucks because usually this is the only time of year we're all together, so that's a bummer.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (12-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I stopped going to both sides of family events that included both Hanukkah and Christmas. It was overwhelming as a child and quite traumatic, honestly. Family events never turned out good.

My mom is finally understanding that I don't and do not want to participate in this stuff. Which I feel good about. We can do anything any day we want and long time traditions don't bind us to absolutely having to spend money and time with each other on a specific calendar day.

However, I love seeing people happy that celebrate. I do like that people are generally in better moods during this time of the year. At least around here people are nicer. I'll take that any day!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    This year I'm not gonna be spending christmas with my bf but I'm really happy because all of my best friends that live abroad are visiting my country and we've been
    hanging a lot. I'll be spending time with my family this weekend and then come back to my city to be with my friends!

I just hope I don't get to feel lonely :p

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-20-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Having a tough time, can't seem to catch a break since November, just had to shell out $1200 the other day for a part that went on our boiler, I live in CT here in the states so can't go without heat. A huge expense we did not really account for so close to Christmas so things are pretty stressful. Trying to get into the holiday spirit, went last weekend to look at Christmas lights which was fun, our 5 yr old son is helping a lot keep us in the mood as adult problems rear their ugly head. We seem to of lost an important family member each of the last 3 years so holidays, especially Christmas just haven't been the same.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterplayer44 For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Hmmm I'd say I'm feeling neutral. I work with the public, it's incredibly tough this time of the year, however I've been surrounded by friends and family which make it much more bearable at times! I've also come to the conclusion to let someone I'd liked for a really long time go. It's a tough choice but I know that long term there would be no joy or happiness, I'd just be a third wheel. Perhaps it's for the best, and a great way to restart myself for the new year

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),kittyray (12-20-2023)