Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neopets is Hiring Community Moderator(s)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    You know, I've seen the lack of a salary range being mentioned several times in this thread and it reminded me that salary range is (almost) always listed in US job ads... From my experience at least.
    I don't know if it's required by law or w/e but I think it's nice. In Europe (and I assume other continents) this isn't required, so nobody lists their salary range and it's a real pain in the butt as they will ask you what salary you are looking for and then try to manipulate you into taking a lower amount :')

I should apply to the system analyst one and see what they say. I presume I won't get far with it being listed as hybrid and in Hong Kong. I didn't even know Neo had an office in HK!
    I don't think it's required in the US, but I could be wrong. I do know that it definitely helps narrow the list down a bit. If somebody lists a job for xxx amount and I think that's over what I'd be able to shoot for realistically, I won't even try. If I see a range that falls around what I'm making, I feel more confident applying there. Maybe I'll apply for something that's a bit ambitious, but still a job I could do effectively. It seems like it would only help employers and employees if they were to list the salary or at least a rough range in their job postings.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Vee ♥ (10-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    No longer accepting applications

Dang.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Check out Toothless, my Ryu!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    126d 22h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I don't think it's required in the US, but I could be wrong. I do know that it definitely helps narrow the list down a bit. If somebody lists a job for xxx amount and I think that's over what I'd be able to shoot for realistically, I won't even try. If I see a range that falls around what I'm making, I feel more confident applying there. Maybe I'll apply for something that's a bit ambitious, but still a job I could do effectively. It seems like it would only help employers and employees if they were to list the salary or at least a rough range in their job postings.
    It's not required in the US. I just did a skim of my company's open listings and it's a mixed bag - my department's listings have the salary range, but most of the tech roles do not.

P.S. @(you need an account to see links) my company has 19 different positions open for data engineers/scientists including the principle engineer role for a team I really need to actually have an engineer and we're fully remote, please come work for us lol

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-25-2023),kittyray (10-25-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,170 times
    Time Online
    560d 22h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    It isn't required to list salary, but it really depends on the company on whether or not it's a bad sign. For Neopets I'm more inclined to distrust it, but for larger companies I'm more inclined to chalk it up to variance how you get leveled, team placement, location, et cetera. I also rely a lot on levels.fyi to gauge these things. Then for startups so much ends up in equity, lack of salary is a different story.

@(you need an account to see links) Do they have a good health plan? No but for real 👀 I'm about to run out the door, but I will DM you. My DS knowledge is mostly self-taught because the pandemic interrupted plans for continuing education plans, but like, yes, hello, what's up?
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Alister (10-25-2023),I_royalty_I (10-25-2023)